Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good work team!

I hate to say this but didnt Newt Gingrich say something about opposing this policy? Can anyone find that one?

If there are any reports that have come in in the last week that are not listed here yet, we need them located and listed here please.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jan Ting Professor of law at Temple University's Beasley School of Law
    http://www.alipac.us/article6533.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Obama Officially Halts Deportations

Last Updated: Fri, 08/19/2011 - 2:58pm
    Just when you thought President Obama’s deplorable backdoor amnesty plan had gone too far, his Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issues an order halting deportation proceedings against a broad class of illegal immigrants.

Additionally, the agency responsible for keeping the nation safe announced that a crucial program (Secure Communities) that’s helped capture dangerous illegal alien criminals will essentially be weakened to assure compliance with “civil rights and civil liberties laws and policies.â€

April
    Obama Administration Decision to Defer Deportations Hurts Unemployed Americans
    By Roy Beck, Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 8:05 AM EDT

Three years into a jobs Depression the Obama Administration again turned its back on unemployed Americans. The Department of Homeland Security announced it will individually review the 300,000 cases of illegal aliens currently holding deportation orders in an effort to appease his pro-amnesty critics. With this move illegal aliens will become eligible to receive work permits and compete with 22 million Americans who can't find a full-time job.

The Administration has come under fierce opposition from pro-amnesty groups for its record number of deportations, despite its policy of focusing on only criminal illegal aliens. President Obama, now in full campaign mode, apparently has bought into the idea that millions of illegal aliens are potential votes in the future.

Although public anger at 30 years of mounting illegal immigration has driven officials into a political stance of pledging to try to stop future illegal immigration, few have shown even an ounce of interest in opening up at least 7 million jobs for unemployed Americans by moving illegal aliens out of those jobs.

Illegal aliens living in the United States typically don't apply for work permits for fear of deportation, but under the new policy, they could apply for work permits if granted deferred action or parole. The President appears willing to do almost anything to make sure that illegal workers remain in this country, remain in their jobs and remain available for an amnesty and the right to vote some day.

This is a jobs issue and the president is taking sides, putting illegal aliens ahead of unemployed Americans. With his “jobsâ€

D.A. King, president of the Marietta-based Dustin Inman Society, is one critics who advocated against the policy.

King said he is organizing a phone campaign to call senators in response to the new policy. He cited concerns that no senators have responded to the announcement of the policy.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1260956.html#1260956

ICE Director John Morton

“One of ICE's central responsibilities is to enforce the nation's civil immigration laws.â€

ICE union president Chris Crane

“We are completely unhappy,â€

I'm not sure this counts, but I just received this... my first EVER reply from Rep. Renee Ellmers. She emphatically states she is against amnesty.

Mrs. XXXXX
    Benson, NC 27504-8022

Dear Mrs. XXXX:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for the Hinder the Administration’s Legalization Temptation (HALT) Act. It’s good to hear from you, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

On principal, I support legal immigration and steadfastly oppose amnesty. As a nation of immigrants, we should welcome those who choose to follow the rules, come here legally and become productive, taxpaying citizens. All who come here must understand that being an American means supporting our laws, institutions and traditions, as well as learning the language that binds our nation together. No one, who’s first act in this country was to break the law, should be rewarded with a fast track to citizenship above those law abiding immigrants. For this reason, I share your deep frustrations with the Obama Administration’s refusal to properly enforce existing federal immigration law.

In order to address the possibility of ICE granting administrative amnesty, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-TX) has announced plans to introduce the HALT Act, which would prevent the Administration from issuing deferred action, except in very rare instances. Chairman Smith has indicated his intentions to introduce this measure in the coming weeks. Please know that I will keep your thoughts in mind should the bill come to the floor of the house for a vote.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me on this matter. I look forward to communicating with you in the future as I serve the people of the Second District of North Carolina. If you would be interested in receiving my e-newsletter, or for other information, please visit my website at www.ellmers.house.gov to sign up or contact me.

Sincerely,
    Renee Ellmers
    Member of Congress

RE/AW

working4change
    Congressman Allan West
    http://tinyurl.com/3brbzaj

Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    Congressman Allan West
    http://tinyurl.com/3brbzaj
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast