Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That was basically my point too, Rockfish. It is the BLATANT ABUSE OF POWER exhibited by this administration that is so scary.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I could careless if the President wants to wiretap phones and such. If it saves lives and prevents crime from happening, cool with me. If they can catch the bad guys that have done crimes, that cool too
    Don't jump down my throat, Truism.
    I was just pointing out that this could just be one more ploy. I guess I'm getting shell shocked by our government because every time they seem to be doing something, it turns out they have an ulterior motive.

And, no, I don't care if they tap every call I make from now until the day I die. I haven't done anything I can't look in the mirror and face and I don't think I'm going to this late in life. But there are a lot of people out there who DO care.

And if you look back to McCarthyism, you would know why.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JJ--the McCarthyism thing is ONE REASON why I feel so strongly about this wiretapping without the benefit of a warrant. I am PARANOID about this President. You only have to put two and two together to come up with what could POTENTIALLY be a disastrous situation. He doesn't like us here on ALIPAC, let's say, because WE disagree with his positions. So, he spies on our site. And, he has fought AWFULLY hard to be able to LOCK PEOPLE UP WITHOUT BENEFIT OF COUNSEL for MONTHS. It HAS already happened to INNOCENT PEOPLE. Remember the young attorney who was arrested and HELD for a couple of months because they SAID THEY FOUND HIS FINGERPRINTS on a PAPER BAG in SPAIN. He was not ever IN SPAIN and he was NOT allowed counsel AND the Spanish government FINALLY CAME out and verified that they were NOT HIS FINGERPRINTS. Now, what untold HORRORS did that innocent man suffer?? Remember Dr. Steven Hatfill?? He was the one they ACCUSED of being the anthrax mailer. THEY harrassed him, ruined his career, his LIFE and have YET been able to PROVE he was the one who did it. SO, we KNOW innocent AMERICANS have suffered at the hands of this SECRETIVE administration. And, THAT is why we cannot allow wiretapping or spying on Americans without benefit of a warrant. Those people have had their lives destroyed, probably had to spend every last cent they had and then some to defend themselves against BOGUS charges.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie, I fully understand why people get angry over being spied on. I grew up in those McCarthy days when you expected a boogey man in the likeness of Nikita Kruschev to jump out from behind every tree. My own parents were paranoid about that and my own mother flipped her wig and told me not to tell my teacher that I thought that Americans were just as guilty of spreading propaganda as the Communists were. That profound thought from a six year old me was inspired by a really flakey teacher who had us convinced Kruschev was on the way any second to get us. My mothr told me that if I told my teacher that, they would think that we were communists! Yes, I definitely understand.

And I have lived in countries where we were actually physically followed from place to place and our visitors were watched simply because we are American citizens. Not that French, or Polish or any other citizens weren't followed, too, but the only criteria was because they "could." You would be amazed at how many people who appear to be bumbs on the corner in Cairo Egypt are actually cops in "plain clothes." I've seen them spring into action in a flash.

My reason for saying I didn't "care" was because it ticked me off when Truism implied that I had something to hide. Obviously, I do care.

I hide all my idiosyncracies right out here in plain site and I have no reason to doubt that the gov't pays people to read our posts simply because this is a PA site. I'm sure they read the boards for the Washington Post, GOPUSA, ConservativeVoice and beau coodles of others. I have been aware of that since shortly after 9-11. My actual words, word for word, have been spoken by political officials within a few days of my posts. I have also seen my actual words, word for word show up on other boards where I didn't write them. And I am under no illusion that if they think they need to know, they already do know exactly who we are and where we are located.

These message boards are more powerful than we know but they also leave us more vulnerable than most people realize.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Excellent points, JJ. I KNEW YOU cared. And, NOT for the IMPLIED reason but because we KNOW that too much POWER in the WRONG hands is ALWAYS dangerous and INNOCENT citizens can be destroyed. Yep--you're right--we have NOTHING to HIDE because we SAY IT ALL RIGHT HERE OUT IN THE OPEN FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE. So, maybe you could say we are setting OURSELVES UP because we DARE to speak out against an administration that we feel is destroying our country.

That is SCARY that you have had your posts repeated word for word in other forums AND in PUBLIC. SO, it just goes to show that THE OLD SAFETY WE FELT AS INNOCENT CITIZENS is NO MORE. It really used to be that, as long as you obeyed the law and did what was right, you sure didn't have to worry but that time flew out the window the day Bush and Cheney took control of our country. All it takes now is for someone to disagree with them and we are "the enemy". They say it over and over and I cringe every time I hear that statement, "If you are not with us, you are AGAINST US".

I used to feel just like Truism because that way of thinking seemed to be okay and a safe way to look at things.

Today we never know what "orders might come from Headquarters" !!
    (Bootsie !! ) I borrowed that line from Bootsie !!

The first few times I ever even said "Jorge" online I thought...."Oh my gosh...I hope nothing becomes of that...ie, I hope the FBI doesn't come to take me away for saying that !!

Now I'm more brave maybe because I've said it SO MANY times and I'm STILL FREE !!! :P

But when I get a little worried, I slack off and call him President for a post or two !!

Then again, I've never gone to battle against a president before. This is the first time.

AND I HOPE IT'S THE LAST TIME !!!

I would NOT call this a STRESS-FREE activity, would anyone else here ?!

Looking back at how hard it was for me to start to speak out, it made me realize how "silenced" I had become living in Miami.

You guys have to remember our family went through one of the most massively hit areas for a HUGE amount of legal immigration and then what eventually became a HUGE and massive illegal immigration.

To tell you the truth, that's when things got REALLY bad in Miami. I think the Cubans would have even assimilated more had that not happened.

But as far as "speaking up", oh my gosh. When you go through what we went through you really loose your freedom of speech.

In fact in Miami, I truly wonder if there is freedom of speech left.

So please forgive me, if I seem like a wimp sometimes. I'm just re-learning what being an American really means.

I see that it means, paying attention, and caring and then speaking up when you know you should and have to. In Miami I knew something was so wrong with our country, but I thought there was nothing anyone could do. I also thought the government knew what was going on and that I could trust them to watch out for our country.

I now see, that it is only "the people" of our country who will watch out for U.S.. We have to do it ourselves because they won't.

[quote]I would NOT call this a STRESS-FREE activity, would anyone elsehere ?

nope and I really like it when you call Bush Jorge. but I'am sure the FBI hates him too.
    ps JJ_ my parents were investigated during the macarthy era for their communist links- my mother was investigated by the FBI - I mean men in trench coats came to her place of work and everything!

Glad you like it. I'll do it as often as I can. I think it serves a purpose in this fight for immigration enforcement.
    I guess people resort to sarcasm to make a point when all else fails.

Sorry to hear that your mom had that experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast