Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

my mom used it to her benefit. when she went to library school many years later - it made a great term paper topic- when I went to college I got to use my parent's experiences too----- instant A!

ps. my mother cares too much about what others think.She needed to experience the wrath of Herbert Hoover- or whatever his name was-
    The funny thing she was investigated for was child kidnapping
    you see she was a communist in college and later when a baby disappeared from an area where she was mountain climbing - well- you know those commies :P

ps- I am so glad I dont live in miami- but here in the northwest - people are pretty much silenced- tomorrow I am going to leaflet cars in home depot--

I would NOT call this a STRESS-FREE activity, would anyone else here ?!
    I SURE wouldn't call what we do stress-free! If anything, it is stressFUL.

You are SO FUNNY, Legal. I KNOW how difficult it's been for you to speak your mind and it was from nothing but FEAR of REPRISAL. THAT should NOT be happening in AMERICA. We would NEVER have felt that way BB (BEFORE BUSH!). NEVER.

Rebecca--that is TERRIBLE that your mother went through that. WHAT A NIGHTMARE that must have been for her. I REALLY fear that Bush is capable of a McCarthy-type witchhunt and would have NO QUALMS going after people who disagreed with him. All of you who've been members for a long time KNOW that I was the FIRST ONE TO SUPPORT the REAL ID ACT. Several of the others really felt that it was an invasion of our privacy but I firmly believed that we really DID need a non-counterfeitable means of ID. BUT, after hearing about the NSA spying without warrants, I have begun to see exactly what those of you who were against it in the beginning really saw in that act. My argument, Truism, was the very same argument that you are presenting now--IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, then ANYTHING they DO to make us safe is fine with me. It wasn't until after everything started coming out about how Bush has abused the power of his Office that I had a change of heart.
    Power in the wrong hands is DANGEROUS and Bush has NOT PLAYED BY THE RULES. He has CLEARLY abused the power of the Office of the PRESIDENCY and, if we allow him to continue unchecked, it will begin to look like the Third Reich. I just don't think you are thinking about WHO he REALLY IS MONITORING. How do you KNOW that he is only wiretapping or data mining "Al Qaeda agents"?? Is it just because he SAID SO??? Do you TRUST the man that much?? It is just SO SUSPICIOUS that he felt the need to forego FISA warrents when it has been the RARE OCCASION that one has been turned down and ONLY since HE has been President. But, out of the MULTI-THOUSANDS that have been approved by the FISA court and only 4 or 5 denied, it causes GREAT CONCERN about why he felt the need to circumvent this court. THAT is why I FIRMLY believe that, when they used those methods of search without warrant, there was a REASON and that reason was that they KNEW that they couldn't meet the criteria of the Court. And, WHY DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE?? Do you HONESTLY BELIEVE that the FISA court would turn down any request for a warrant to eavesdrop on an AL QAEDA agent??? ABSOLUTELY NOT. And, at first he said they had done a FEW-- a handful is how I believe he described it. Then it became hundreds and now it's up to THOUSANDS. If that doesn't raise suspicion in your mind, Truism, you are living in a vacuum or you trust this MANIAC a lot more than I do.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Don't give up you rights

I would like to start by saying that I enjoy all of the opinions on the discussion groups. All of here on this site have one thing in common, we all know how illegal immigration is taking a toll on our country.

Now as to the matter of it is ok to that President Bush is allowed to wiretap anyone for the sake of national security. No, no and definitely no. No one should be above the law. As Americans we should stop giving up our liberties and freedoms so easily. This is how we started going down the path we are going down now. The Constitution has been slowly chip away at for years. No matter if on a personal level, if some people say that I am not doing anything wrong. People saying I don’t like that any way. It does not affect me. The Constitution is not just for one person and should be up held above all except for God. At least God, in my family comes first, but maybe not everyone’s. That is the great thing about our constitution and our country is our liberties and freedoms. This is why we as a people should hold our public servants at a higher level. The President should be held to the highest as the head public servant. He has the responsibility of the making sure the rights and freedoms of the masses stay protected.

On a personal level I would be the first one to torture, wiretap, or take out with extreme prejudice any sadistic bad guy if I thought he was about to harm my family or friends. This does not make it legal. But I would pay the price if I had to. That would be the price I and I repeat, I would be willing to pay, but I would not expect anyone else to pay this price.

For the reason that was given to the citizens of this great country seemed valid to me, but then I think was it the truth, or just a part of the reason. Most of us would agree we may never know.

So I say before you are willing to give up your constitutional rights, look down that road we call life and just think how it may affect you in the long haul. If we keep giving up our rights and liberties, we may wake up one day with none.

That's exactly right. I don't trust THIS PRESIDENT and I HOPE we have ALL learned a lesson and would NEVER elect ANOTHER ONE that we didn't trust implicitly BUT we MIGHT. SO, that unrestrained power should NEVER be vested in one branch of our Government or this would NO LONGER BE AMERICA.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I, too would do whatever it took to save my family, and probably many of my friends, and face the consequences after the fact. And if the President were protecting his own family and was willing to accept the consequences, I'd probably be likely to condone his actions. However, it isn't his family he seeks to protect. It's his bank account and we are mere pawns. I deeply resent that.

I still have respect for the office and I hope a day will come when I can have respect for the person who holds it once again. Right now, I'm too angry because we have been misled too many times, not just by Bush but by several of his predecessors as well.

The day I decided I wasn't going to bat an eyelash if someone called the President names was the day that he called the MinuteMen "Vigilantes." Until that day, I was more or less on his side even though I didn't think he was capable of accomplishing most of the things he sought to promote. I was still naive enough until he appointed Condoleeza Rice to think he had some smart people to advise him. Much has happened since that day and if I'd never neard him spit out that ugly word in reference to people who were doing his job because he wouldn't, I'd have ultimiately turned on him anyway.

Perhaps some good will come of this battle over things like immigration and the Patriot Act. Maybe enough American people will wake up and realize that only by cleaning house can we change things. 2006, this year, is where it must start. As William said, 2008 will be too late.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123