Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There doesn't seem to be a way for an 'outsider' to determine the year a number or card was issued, though I would bet the SSA could do so using the two middle digits of one's SSN.

The digits in the Social Security number allow for the orderly assignment of numbers. The number is divided into three parts: the area, group and serial numbers.

The first three (3) digits (area) of a person's social security number are determined by the ZIP Code of the mailing address shown on the application for a social security number. See Social Security Number Allocations for more information.

Within each area, the group number (middle two (2) digits) range from 01 to 99 but are not assigned in consecutive order. For administrative reasons, group numbers issued first consist of the ODD numbers from 01 through 09 and then EVEN numbers from 10 through 98, within each area number allocated to a State. After all numbers in group 98 of a particular area have been issued, the EVEN Groups 02 through 08 are used, followed by ODD Groups 11 through 99. Within each group, the serial numbers (last four (4) digits) run consecutively from 0001 through 9999.

Further information about Social Security Numbers that are currently assigned is available at High Group List and Other Ways to Determine if an SSN is Valid.

http://tinyurl.com/dxptxr

To see the table of SSN Allocations (numbers by issuing state) go here:

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/employer/stateweb.htm

The table did not copy and paste well and is best viewed from the site.

Business Services Online (SSN verification)

Thanks florgal I'm in the process of the business verification (BSO) of the SSN. I'll post my findings. Onced registered, it takes a day or two for them to check me out to make sure I'm on the level. Of course, I have no problem with that.

The Business Services Online (BSO) link with the SSA is to verify SSNs of employees. Their consent is not required. That seems to a 100% method to verify the validity of the SSN. The partner is considered an employee so once I'm verified as legit he'll be put through quicker than a NY minute!

All that aside, verifying the validity of the SSN is only a means to get his immigration status verified through the 287(g) program with the county sheriff if the SSN was not assigned to him. ie: arrest him.

The Immigration I-94 form is the entrance form a non-citizen is required to fill out and present along with their current visa when entering the country legally. It shows the date and location they entered and what type of visa they have.

I plan on requesting it in court and we'll see what the judge has to say. But I really want to know before I go into court as I have little faith these county judges have the resolve to do the right thing and demand foreigh born nationals produce verified documents regarding their immigration status.

I'd like to know how to determine the year the SSN was issued but that may not be available. ie: 001-99 would've been issued in New Hampshire...but what year?

SSA - BSO & Green card verification

I've about run my race with this.

What I found out is as an employer I can sign up with the Social Security's Business Services Online (BSO) to verify SSNs of employees. Every employer who employs non-citizens should be required to do this. Just taking their word or looking at a card leaves open the possibility of an unauthorized/fake SSN. It appears to be 100% accurate as it comes straight from the SSA. No organizations should be opposed to this. Background checks done by PIs like I hired are not 100% accurate.

To verify ones immigration status the Green card number can and needs to be checked. I've been told immigration lawyers know how to do this. As a business owner I'll try to get the same authority. Just having a card w/o checking the number through the DHS/INS/ICE database leaves open the possibility of just looking at a fake copy. The Green card is a pretty complex card with holograms and a mirrored reverse. I'm sure there are operations who duplicate them though.

Two quick, easy checks in a matter of minutes. If they fail...what then? Whether law enforcement does anything about it is anybody's guess.

With my partner I'm bypassing the doughnut eating public safety officer who has no incentive/permission to check him out. There are several ways to skin this cat. I'll have the answer before I go into court and make a civil judge acknowledge it. It'll be interesting to see what the judge does if what I suspect is true. This guy has admitted to his legal countrymen he's here illegally! If he's shown to be illegal in a court of law and the judge does nothing about it, the judge should be impeached. The 'commie rat' should not be allowed out of that courtroom to see the light of day until he's back facing the music he ran from in the old country.

I'll even save the taxpayers the bill and personally buy him a 1 way ticket! I might even take the ride myself and 'introduce' him to who he's no doubt defrauded over there as he steps off the plane.

Again, thanks for all your helpful comments.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The SS must have some kind of access to DHS/INS info. I recently went to the local SS Office to apply for a SS#. Altho I was 'in the system' they (presumably DHS) had me under the 'wrong' name. They showed my name at birth & my GC is in my married name. I imagine the two were correlated by my Alien Reg # which is the number you are given at the start of the immigration process and carries thru to the GC.

Took only 4 days to sort out & I have my SS#, now I only have to worry about someone stealing it!!

Send a letter to Arizona Sherriff Joe Arpaio with what you know and ask for his advice............I'm sure that he'd be happy to help......
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by scottiemum
    The SS must have some kind of access to DHS/INS info. I recently went to the local SS Office to apply for a SS#. Altho I was 'in the system' they (presumably DHS) had me under the 'wrong' name. They showed my name at birth & my GC is in my married name. I imagine the two were correlated by my Alien Reg # which is the number you are given at the start of the immigration process and carries thru to the GC.

Took only 4 days to sort out & I have my SS#, now I only have to worry about someone stealing it!!
    Thank you for sharing that scottiemum

I imagine the databases just needed updating. It shows that the numbering system is a viable check. As a legal permanent resident (LPR) with a green card you are welcome to try and survive as everyone else. My grandfather came over here 100 years ago legally, learned the language, became a citizen and served his country in WWI, against his homeland! No one forced him to do it...he chose to defend his new homeland...unlike a lot of thankless natural born citizens.

Your comment of an alien registration # caught my eye. Is this number shown on your green card? I'm looking for a way to expose green card fraud.

Thanks for any input you can provide the forum.

April

You should do some social engineering,i.e. bait a honey trap. Send him offers that request the info you need and that seem too compelling to refuse. There are enough real scams on the internet to give you some good ideas. keep trying until one works.
    Isolate yourself as best you can from the return address, but you still have to access the information he sends back. You do not have much liability. Just getting the information is not punishable as a crime. The crime is if you misuse the information for financial gain or other crimes.
    Background check by Social Security Number can tell you if the name and number match, but you seem to have some of that information anyway.
    The IRS seem like a good path to take. As his ex-business partner, you have some information, and the IRS has a tip line.

Swatchick offered you help in her post above. I WOULD contact her via PM and use her help as she seems to know how to help. It is always a good thing if you have a LEO (law enforcement officer) on your side
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast