Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How do your children feel about illegals?

I don't have school age kids, but many of you do. And I guess your kids are in constant contact with the "anchor baby" generation. How well do they get along? Do your kids complain about their teachers giving the others more time etc? I just want to ask about issues that your kids bring up because they are attending schools filled with the children of illegal aliens.
    Are your kids on your side on this? Or do they view illegals differently?
    [i]“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.â€

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    I have a younger sister in Middle School and she doesn't like them they are very intimidating people that cause trouble in her school... That includes both Hispanic and Russian illegals....
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I have two children - a boy age 17 and a girl age 11. We moved two years ago from Va. where we lived between flop houses crawling with illegals. My children were not allowed outside to play because of men hanging around outside drinking beer and defacating in the common area. We lived in a townhouse complex. It greatly effect all of our lives and it is the main reason why we moved. My son wrote a terrific paper this past year on illegal immigration comparing it waiting in line at an amusement park and having others cutting in front and the security guards doing nothing about it. They understand what is going on but at the same time I have taught them not to feel prejudice against any one particular origin. Our area back in Va. has MS-13 and loads of El Salvadorains. They understand A-Holes come in every shape, size and color My children have friends from other countries and they have immigrated here legally. Even my kids understand the differnce between legal immigration and illegal immigration.

I have two girls of 15 and 17, and they hate the fact that their class gets held up because of the little anchors who can't speak English. And they are not the only ones who feel this way. Many of the kids in both of their classes also have expressed their anger over this issue to the school board.
    Now I have also taught them that racism, predjudice, etc. are bad and that we shouldn't judge people simply by looking at them.
    I've been teaching them that legal aliens DO want to become Americans, and that we should respect the ones who are trying to abide by the law.

On an interesting side note, they both have gotten more involved with the immigration debacle, partly because of me, but also because they feel like their country is slipping away from them as well and they want to do something about it.

What I find amusing is the fact that for some reason, the hispanic crowd seems to think my youngest daughter is of latino descent, (I'm not sure why, she doesn't look that way, but she does have some of our Italian heritage showing through.) and they will try to talk to her in spanish. Now, keep in mind that both my daughters have Dad's sharp "wit" when it comes to illegals.
    Anyway, whenever they try and talk to her, my daugher always replies, "I don't habla espanol, I speak the native language of my country which happens to be ENGLISH! So if you want to talk me, speak English or leave me alone."

She is a little too much like her old man!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

steelerbabe:
    My son wrote a terrific paper this past year on illegal immigration comparing it waiting in line at an amusement park and having others cutting in front and the security guards doing nothing about it.
    That's good! And then the line cutters demand that everyone else already in the park pay for their admission fee, ride, lunch, etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When the children of illegals had their WALK OUT my 9th grader shook his head in disbelief and asked me what part of ILLEGAL don't they get? They even had the nerve to try and enlist the other kids, Americans, to join them.

I did not go to Back to School night this year for my 5th grader b/c what should take one hour ends up taking two. There are only about 4-5 parents in a class of 25 -30 students that understand English so the translating drags it out forever. I really like her teacher but when she expressed a need for a BILINGUAL class mother I knew where "we" stood.

Honestly though my kids don't really get the impact this is having on our country. My daughter genuinely loves everyone but my son is more reserved and feels if you don't like this country then you should leave. I try my hardest not to talk about children around my kids but sometimes
    I do slip and say so and so parents should learn English.

I almost forgot my daughter is a high level reader and had to sit through ESL class b/c of the illegal's children. The ADMIN actually had the nerve
    to tell me that was a good thing for HER! I of course disagreed.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

our daughter is a senior in high school. her first week as a freshman, there was a mexican gang fight in the hall, scary! since freshman year she said there are almost no anchors in any of her classes, she is on the 'college track' curriculum. the only contact she has is in the halls and at lunch. there the non english are given free lunches and sit together on one side of the cafateria.

My children have commented that the non English speaking kids all have expensive cell phones, nice gold jewelry and expensive sneakers on. I told them when you don't have to pay health care premiums and get much of your food for free, there's extra money for all the goodies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't have any kids myself, but when I was in school, kids were in the classes where they were "equal" with the other kids. If you were a smart kid, you were in with the smart group, if you needed help, you were in with a slower group, etc. That way, no one gets left out, and kids are taught the way they need to be taught.

The way it seems to be now is that not only do they have fast/slow kids in the same group (because it's not PC to say that anyone is smarter than anyone else), but now, they have kids in the same group who don't even speak the same language!!

It's so absurd - how stupid to put kids together who don't speak the same language! No wonder our education system is going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    steelerbabe:
    My son wrote a terrific paper this past year on illegal immigration comparing it waiting in line at an amusement park and having others cutting in front and the security guards doing nothing about it.
    That's good! And then the line cutters demand that everyone else already in the park pay for their admission fee, ride, lunch, etc.
    How true! Fortunately, my son (10th grader) attends a private Christian school. To my knowledge, there are no illegals or anchors in attendance. I resent being forced to pay extra for my son to receive a quality education, but I have no choice. I have tried to educate him on the illegal alien crisis, but he considers it an "obsession" with me. He's more interested in PS3.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast