Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is an interesting question. As against illegal immigration as I am, my 19 year old daughter is against ME for hating it so much. It is a real bone of contention between us lately.

She agrees with me that they should pay taxes, that they should come here legally. She agrees with me on many points, but she can't seem to deal with my anger over it. She'll spout off -- oh, mom, they're not ALL criminals. .. you CAN'T just generalize, etc, etc. They're people, too ...wah, wah, wah.

She is a real lover of culture and languages. She is fascinated with learning different languages, especially spanish, so that she can do well in international business. She loves the Latino men. Well, not the local ones, but some of the ones who are in the media and movies.

Frankly, her attitude really annoys and concerns me. She doesn't seem to understand that her country is being destroyed from within. She doesn't see the danger of losing her Constitutional rights. We sent her to private schools all her life and I think perhaps we should have just thrown her into public school where she'd really have to deal with them. I"m not sure truly what sort of education this kid really received over the years. She just isn't too patriotic.

I think she lives in somewhat of a liberal la la land. She's a great kid in so many ways -- but also a bit lax in really holding American values dear. Honestly, if she represents her generation, I'm scared.

And here I raised her!

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    This is an interesting question. As against illegal immigration as I am, my 19 year old daughter is against ME for hating it so much. It is a real bone of contention between us lately.

She agrees with me that they should pay taxes, that they should come here legally. She agrees with me on many points, but she can't seem to deal with my anger over it. She'll spout off -- oh, mom, they're not ALL criminals. .. you CAN'T just generalize, etc, etc. They're people, too ...wah, wah, wah.

She is a real lover of culture and languages. She is fascinated with learning different languages, especially spanish, so that she can do well in international business. She loves the Latino men. Well, not the local ones, but some of the ones who are in the media and movies.

Frankly, her attitude really annoys and concerns me. She doesn't seem to understand that her country is being destroyed from within. She doesn't see the danger of losing her Constitutional rights. We sent her to private schools all her life and I think perhaps we should have just thrown her into public school where she'd really have to deal with them. I"m not sure truly what sort of education this kid really received over the years. She just isn't too patriotic.

I think she lives in somewhat of a liberal la la land. She's a great kid in so many ways -- but also a bit lax in really holding American values dear. Honestly, if she represents her generation, I'm scared.

And here I raised her!
    I sometimes wonder if this liberal thinking comes from the teachers? A lot of these colleges and universities these teachers come from have very liberal professors who try to brainwash their students!

I sometimes wonder if this liberal thinking comes from the teachers? A lot of these colleges and universities these teachers come from have very liberal professors who try to brainwash their students!
    Yes, I believe it's a large part of the problem. Many of the older (closer to retirement age) teachers do not 'jee-haw' with some of the 'new' teachers, nor do the older ones agree with the 'no child left behind' and 'politically correct' crapola.

It is unfortunate that Patriotism isn't 'politically correct'. America lost something when we allowed our Pledge of Allegience to come under attack and actually be debated and litigated because of a few who didn't want to recite it correctly.

I feel blessed that my boys are not growing up now. I do have two g/d that have trouble at school. One is very smart and is in special classes, the other one is just in la la land most of the time.
    Our children aren't getting the education they should be. Having to cater to non English speaking children is taking away part of their education.
    We really need to be on this. This is America, we speak English!
    I asked my husband yesterday if we have merged with Mexico? He said no! I said maybe we have and we just don't know it yet. Look at the languages on our products, look at the Spanish required in schools. No border fence. It sure looks to me like we have merged.
    We never should of taken God out of our schools.
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

From what i'm hearing from friends/family and what I'm reading online it sounds like the children of the US are being brainwashed,like the patriotism is being educated OUT of them.What will the children just starting first grade this year be like by high school? Scary.
    If they keep having multi-culturism indoctrination at school what will they stand for when they grow up? Will any of them want to join the military?

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

My school tax went up because we have to pay for it

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex_2585_8538
    My school tax went up because we have to pay for it
    Us too...
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

We're looking at the end of public education as we know it.

My friend in LA told me once: "I can't send my blue-eyed, blonde-haired girls to LAUSD (LA Unified School District), they would be terrorized."

AFAIC it's racism to teach bilingual spanish classes but leave out Laotian, Cambodian, Korean, Japanese, German, Italian etc.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    My youngest is 16 and in school now. From her view there are halls that you just don't go down. Places you don't go and basicly unless they try and talk to you.....you keep your mouth shut and move on. She is horribly shy and will go to any length possible to just stay out of the lime light. She is scared to go to school and pretty much sticks like glue to her friends and the teachers. Now she says the girls are more violent but it seems to be more black and brown fights with the girls and usually over guys. She doesn't go for this illegal immigration at all and wishes they would all go away because nothing is safe anymore even if you just stay by yourself and leave everyone alone. She's very much one that counts on rules and boundries and has no problem abiding by rules and figures the world would be a much better place if everybody just did that. She refuses to learn Spanish and isn't one to make thier adjustment any easier since thier presence has turned her life upside down and apparently aren't making any effort to make her transition any easier or treat them kindly. Like she said.....why should I have to learn to speak a foreign language to talk to them when I wouldn't want to talk to people who act like that anyway. Besides.....most already can speak English....they just won't now. She does not feel any compassion at all for them because she says they're just plain mean and rude and violent. I mean these are kids she's been through school with that have suddenly turned once they got in the higher grades. Shes also very smart but not that social and doesn't go to any games and such or care about guys, (too much ) .....she just wants to get through school alive and go home. She notices wierd things......why is it they can't abide by the boundries of our country when it's on a map....but I'm supposed to figure out what "turf" I'm not allowed to go in at school without getting beat-up? Why is it "their" land when they were born around the same time I was ,probably even in the same hospital? Why do they make special arrangements for them because they don't speak English but made me wait another year because I couldn't open my thermous at lunch by myself and they couldn't help me? Why did they want to hold me back because I was too scared to read in front of class but they pass kids who can't read in either language? Why is it parents have to pay for tutors if their kid isn't good in math or something but they don't have to pay if their kid has trouble with English?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

"Join the military?" Why? The military has already been infiltrated w/street gangs. There was a show on TV that exposed the whole thing. How gangsters in the military are tagging in Iraq! How a solider was murdered when he was jumped into a black gang in Germany!

Here's the CNN transcript:

ZAHN: Appreciate it.

A lot of people are worried that there is a ticking time bomb inside the U.S. military. Gang members are enlisting, learning to kill, and,, some day, they will be coming home.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When these cats come back from -- these gang members come back from Iraq, we are going to have some hell on these streets.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ZAHN: Out in the open next: What can our military and our cities do now to head off deadly trouble later?

Also, the numbers are going to make you absolutely sick. Why are high school students dropping out at the rate of 6,000 a day? Now, that's something to debate, Reverend Sharpton.

SHARPTON: I agree with that.

ZAHN: That's disgusting, isn't it?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

ZAHN: Out in the open now: the shocking truth about gangs in the U.S. military. The armed forces are the perfect place to go if you want to learn how to kill. And, more and more, members of white, black, and Latino street gangs are signing up. It is so serious, in fact, the FBI calls it a national security threat.

Here is Thelma Gutierrez.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

THELMA GUTIERREZ, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Airman 1st Class Miguel Robinson, AKA Scooby (ph), Los Angeles Crip, Marine PFC Thomas James Laden (ph), AKA Irish (ph), Hammerskin white supremacist, Lance Corporal Andres Raya, affiliation, Norteno gang, they are gangsters in uniform who have infiltrated every branch of the United States military, and mark their territory on base, in barracks, even overseas in Iraq.

At this NCO club at Fort Bragg, a sea of hands openly flash gang signs, the rank-and-file so brazen, their affiliation is often no secret at all.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I started recruiting active-duty military personnel to join a white supremacy movement to eventually overthrow the United States government.

GUTIERREZ: T.J. Laden (ph) was an extremist, a recruiter for a white supremacist anti-government group who joined the Marines.

(on camera): Why were you there?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: To just gain knowledge, gain understanding. The military made me a better recruiter, organizer, and propagandist.

GUTIERREZ: Miguel Robinson is a Crip. He joined the Air Force to get away from gang life. It didn't last long.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I was guilty of drug trafficking in the military and I was guilty of setting up a gang atmosphere.

GUTIERREZ: Robinson and Laden say the military trained them to become more lethal.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Give me a .50-cal sniper rifle, and I can take down a .747 tomorrow over any major United States city.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They put me in the military and gave me a gun, so now I shoot straight now? I'm not just spraying? I'm actually knocking things down?

GUTIERREZ (on camera): No one knows for sure just how many gang members are in the military. By some estimations, it's less than 1 percent of all military personnel, hardly an epidemic, but enough to prompt the FBI to issue this report.

(voice-over): Gang members at military installations from Fort Lewis, Washington, to Fort Bragg, North Carolina, have been involved in drug distribution, robberies, assaults, and murder. According to this 2007 internal FBI document, the report found that gang activity in the U.S. -- quote -- "is increasing and poses a threat to law enforcement officials and national security."

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Military men training gangsters on how to use weapons.

GUTIERREZ: An issue law enforcement is taking seriously.

Al Valdez (ph) is a former detective. He trains police around the country on gangs in the military.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It's not illegal to be a gang member in the United States. And it's a protected right. In fact, the head of Army Recruitment Command correctly states that. What happens is, they bring that gangster mentality within the military.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When these cats come back from -- these gang members come back from Iraq, we are going to have some hell on these streets, because these dudes are coming back with training that's on another level.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A gang member that has military training, he doesn't run. He stands his ground and goes after that cop.

GUTIERREZ: Ceres, California, 2005. Lance Corporal Andres Raya is home from Iraq. The 19-year-old Marine who police say has close ties with the Norteno Mexican gang, but no criminal history, sets up a police ambush. No one knows why.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We're still shooting. We're still shooting.

GUTIERREZ: Wearing a poncho and carrying an automatic assault rifle, Raya calls 911, and lures police to a liquor store. Security cameras capture the rest.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I was yelling orders at this fellow to show me your hands.

GUTIERREZ: Officer Sam Ryno and his partner are the first on the scene. Raya spots them. He takes cover at the corner. Then, using a military tactical technique called slicing the pie, Raya searches out his targets, then begins firing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The next thing I remember is hearing a shot and instantaneously, getting hit in the lower left leg.

GUTIERREZ: Reya continues firing, hitting Ryno four times.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I can feel the bullets hitting on the pavement by me so I know this guy is still trying to kill me.

GUTIERREZ: That's when officer John King (ph) arrives, a seven- year veteran of the Army. King grabs his rifle and returns fire.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Copy. I'm coming in from the east.

GUTIERREZ: A Marine on a rampage who begins firing at a fourth officer, using a technique called suppression fire.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He continued to fire on Howard the whole time, keeping Howard pinned down behind the wall.

GUTIERREZ: Sergeant Howard Stevenson (ph), a 23-year year veteran of the Ceres Police Department, didn't have a chance.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He ran up on him and within three feet and shot him in the head twice with -- at point blank range with an automatic rifle.

GUTIERREZ: Reya is then cornered and killed in a firefight with officers.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: In this case, this guy was a killer hiding in a United States Marine Corps uniform.

GUTIERREZ: The Defense Department declined an on-camera interview for this story, but acknowledged to CNN it is concerned about gang activity. The United States Army Criminal Investigation Command states, quote: "We do not deny there is some gang activity and gang association within the military. But we do not see it as a rampant issue."

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And they will tell you straight to your face, we don't have a problem with gangs in the military. Wow. Amazing.

GUTIERREZ: T.J. Laden (ph), a former Marine and former skinhead now writes about extremists.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You have racist graffiti, gang graffiti in Baghdad on military installations in the United States. Guys wearing gang clothes to E-clubs, but you don't have a problem with gang members in the military? Quite interesting.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Looked like a kid.

GUTIERREZ: Miguel Robinson (ph), a Los Angeles Crip, who now brokers ceasefires between warring gangs, says some gang members may change for the better in the military but warns most will not.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You can take the gang member out the hood but you can't take the hood out of the gang member. See what I'm saying? So when they come back and they shed that uniform, they are still going to pick their rags back up.

GUTIERREZ: No comfort to Sam Rino, who was forced to retire because of his wounds. He says a day doesn't go by that he doesn't think about the Marine with street gang roots who took his friend's life and nearly ended his.

Thelma Gutierrez, CNN, Ceres, California.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

ZAHN: And recently one military unit tried to do something about gangs, but what happened next has outraged New Mexico's governor.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GOV. BILL RICHARDSON (D-NM), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: I do believe when you strip search soldiers without any substantial cause, there should be an apology.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ZAHN: So coming up next, why did authorities strip search members of the National Guard unit?

And a little bit later on, an appalling crisis that is hitting our high schools all over the country. How can it be that more than a million students a year are simply dropping out?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

ZAHN: Welcome back. We are bringing gangs in the U.S. military "Out in the Open" tonight. Earlier, we reported that white supremacists, black and Latino gangs, have all infiltrated the military where they're learning to kill. Sometimes, taking that skill home to America's streets.

The military says the problem is not widespread, less than 1 percent of the armed forces may be gang members, but that would mean well over 10,000 in uniform. So what is the military doing about that? Well, members of one New Mexico National Guard unit that served in Kuwait say they were singled out because of their race. Forced to strip down to their shorts in a search for gang tattoos. The majority of them, Hispanic.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP) SGT. 1ST CLASS FRANK RAMIREZ, NEW MEXICO NATIONAL GUARD: It's very undignifying and a very hurtful situation for our soldiers mostly.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ZAHN: The commander of the New Mexico National Guard says Task Force Cobra was targeted after one soldier from Wisconsin complained about the unit and sparked an investigation.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

COL. KENNY MONTOYA, NEW MEXICO NATIONAL GUARD: The investigator picked up on this and he came 200 miles away to look at our unit because they we were the only Hispanic unit in-country, 55 percent were Hispanic last named.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ZAHN: An Army investigation found that the search was legal and authorized and race played no part. But it also said the tattoo inspections should be stopped. Well, that's not enough for New Mexico's congressional delegation, which is calling for a new investigation supported by governor and presidential candidate, Bill Richardson, who joins me now.

Always good to see you. Welcome.

RICHARDSON: Thank you, Paula.

ZAHN: So you know what the Army is saying about this? That this search was absolutely legal, it was authorized, it had nothing to do with race. Why are you so convinced that these soldiers were targeted because they were Hispanic?

RICHARDSON: I mean, just because somebody has a tattoo and just because somebody is Hispanic doesn't mean that they're a gang member. And so what you're seeing is men and women that are in combat, that are Hispanic, that are patriotic, and they're stripped down to see if they have tattoos. And they're not given a rational explanation.

ZAHN: What was your personal reaction when you heard that they had to strip down to their black shorts and be subjected to the humiliation of this kind of search?

RICHARDSON: Well, I was upset and I asked the general, Montoya (ph), I said, what are you doing about this? This isn't right. This is typecasting. This is stereotyping Hispanics just because somebody has a tattoo. Almost everybody that I see around has tattoos.

ZAHN: Do you have a tattoo?

RICHARDSON: No, I don't have a tattoo, but this is prevalent. And so General Montoya said, I want to handle this through military channels. I said, fine, but I believe there has been a whitewash by some elements in the Army, some very sloppy investigation. ZAHN: Governor, as I'm listening to you, it sounds to me like you're trying to have it both ways here. On one hand, you're accusing the Army of practicing racial stereotyping. On the other hand, you say it is a possibility that there was some sloppiness and stupidity involved here.

RICHARDSON: I think it's mainly sloppiness, ignorance. Is it conscious racism? I can't prove that. I do believe when you strip- search soldiers without any substantial cause, there should be an apology.

link to the video:

http://msthirteen.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide
    From what i'm hearing from friends/family and what I'm reading online it sounds like the children of the US are being brainwashed,like the patriotism is being educated OUT of them.What will the children just starting first grade this year be like by high school? Scary.
    If they keep having multi-culturism indoctrination at school what will they stand for when they grow up? Will any of them want to join the military?

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

When my older children were in elementary school, there was a huge protest outside the building by parents insisting the official language of the school be changed to Spanish. After all, they reasoned, 60% of the kids attending did not speak English.

My daughter is now 17. Her feelings are that illegal immigrants are in two groups. Adults who knowingly came here of their own free will, and children who came with mom and dad. She thinks the first group should be deported, but the latter are as American as she is. She feels that they should have one year from the time they turn 18 to file for legal status. If they don't, they are as illegal as their parents. She also feels it should be a special legal status where the right to sponsor any family members is waved for 20 years. She says an 18 year old can not honestly claim that they can totally support themselves, therefore supporting others is absurd.

My 13 year old son says, deport them all, especially step-dads (regardless of legal status) who make poor innocent American children do homework before playing video games

My three year old has no opinion.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast