Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... t/asection

Somewhat related to this topic is a report today on Fairfax County schools, which thus far, have been rated as some of the best in the nation. Now that Fairfax County has been all but a sanctuary area for illegals, they are now pulling down the test scores according to the NCLB act.

However, if you read through it, every liberal panderer is fighting to the death to make excuses for them and see to it that special provisions are made to pass them through anyway. Let's see ... how about not letting any of them in in the first place, SAVE money, AND keep test scores where they normally are?

You've really got to wonder how dumb we really are sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/23/AR2007082300846.html?nav=rss_print/asection

Somewhat related to this topic is a report today on Fairfax County schools, which thus far, have been rated as some of the best in the nation. Now that Fairfax County has been all but a sanctuary area for illegals, they are now pulling down the test scores according to the NCLB act.

However, if you read through it, every liberal panderer is fighting to the death to make excuses for them and see to it that special provisions are made to pass them through anyway. Let's see ... how about not letting any of them in in the first place, SAVE money, AND keep test scores where they normally are?

You've really got to wonder how dumb we really are sometimes?

It's very related to the topic, I think.

But don't kid yourself. It's not just the libs doing the pandering. Where I live, we have a fairly conservative education "reporter" in the "conservative" paper. I have communicated with her off and on over the years. A series of stories in the paper over how badly "at risk" (code for fulla Illegals) schools are doing left the "experts" scratching their heads. When I noted to her that it was tough for schools with 70-80-90% children-of-illegals populations to do well in any area but Spanish language, she almost hysterically insisted that no, no...that's all been factored into the numbers!

She couldn't show me HOW it was factored, in...just assured me that it was.

Remember that 98% of ALL politicians were behind the Bush-Kennedy Scamnesty bill before the excrement hit the fan via the 'net and Americans of ALL political persuasions, in bi-partisan numbers (80% of us!) I have not seen in my life, got together and told the %#@!s in DC: enough!

They have been dumbing down the schools in order to account for the influx of illegals who don't speak the language and have a very low regard for education, anyway. Remember, most of these people come from cultures where it is very, very shameful for a son to be "better" than his father (I've told my kids: you have no choice: you WILL be better than your parents in every conceivable way) and where they laugh at the idea of girls being educated at all.

In my state, the education officials are continually scratching their heads in the media...they just CANNOT figure out why it is test scores in these schools keep going down, other than to say that (can you guess this one?) they need...more money!

Tokie

An Uplifting Note

My youngest is into classical music and psychology (don't ask..no idea how this happened given that her dad and mom are just a couple of dumb rednecks) and is taking German (language) because well, you wanna study classical music and psychology, you better have a passing understanding of German.

Anyway, the class is packed to the gills with 27 kids (she took French last year...7 kids in the class--this is a public shool with a pop. of 1600). So, like in many classes, the teacher had the kids all tell why they'd chosen German. She said that nine or ten of them said they were tired of Spanish, that all of their friends were taking Spanish and that they could hear Spanish anytime they wanted at McDonald's or on TV, so they wanted to take a different language!

Cool.

Maybe we have a chance?

Tokie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345