Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have two elementary school age boys. One of them was struggling and needed to go in early for some "special needs" help. Anyway, the school system is putting the ESL kids in the special needs classes because they don't know where else to put them. In essence, my son can not get the help he needs, because they are trying to teach kids english. We got him a private tutor.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I don't have any children, but my observation has been that teenagers tend to be idealistic, and therefore more liberal. Of course, they wise up as they grow up and real life hits them!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I'm only 22 but when I was in high school. I had to deal with the negative effects of illegals. They basically always had to be catered to and many refused to learn English. There were a couple of incidents were kids and their families were deported. I have relatives whose kids are in middle school and high school and the kids too are fed up with illegal immigration issue. American school children in many ways have lost opportunties and a chance for a better education because of anchor babies and illegal immigrant children.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

My oldest daughter is 20. She has "anchor babies" as friends and have met their parents. As with just about every group......there's a vast difference between the people. She's had one friend be taken to Mexico for the sake of "love" to just be dumped. She had another friend commit suicide with her illegal boyfriend by getting ran over by a train because the parents (both sides) didn't want them together. Her best friend is an anchor baby and her dad left back for Mexico as soon as she got pregnant and married. I would say there hasn't been much problem if any problem with the girls.......it's the guys where she's at. Violent, very dis-respectful and abusive especially with the girls and alot are involved not so much in doing drugs as in selling them and other illegal endeavors. Now she's a pretty mouthy girl that don't take much but she's also very outgoing and friends with all sorts of people of different races. She sympathises with the kids because it wasn't their choice and most are of age now and on their own who probably wouldn't get that bent if their parents were deported. Miss em....ya....just a good excuse for a road trip to go see them. Also.....I got.... Mom...if the government excused this for this long and didn't do anything about it....why crack down now. It's like having your cigarettes be ok then suddenly telling you you're a criminal now because they decided to ban them. She is definately Speak English and abide by the rest of the rules though. She doesn't see them as being left out of chances for anything....if anything....they get a free ride. She understands Spanish and had some nasty sexual comments made to her at school in which she promptly mouthed off something like F U in your dreams and she got in trouble for swearing....she tried to tell them what filth they said to her in Spanish....but nothing was done because the teacher didn't understand Spanish but did understand F U.

My youngest is 16 and in school now. From her view there are halls that you just don't go down. Places you don't go and basicly unless they try and talk to you.....you keep your mouth shut and move on. She is horribly shy and will go to any length possible to just stay out of the lime light. She is scared to go to school and pretty much sticks like glue to her friends and the teachers. Now she says the girls are more violent but it seems to be more black and brown fights with the girls and usually over guys. She doesn't go for this illegal immigration at all and wishes they would all go away because nothing is safe anymore even if you just stay by yourself and leave everyone alone. She's very much one that counts on rules and boundries and has no problem abiding by rules and figures the world would be a much better place if everybody just did that. She refuses to learn Spanish and isn't one to make thier adjustment any easier since thier presence has turned her life upside down and apparently aren't making any effort to make her transition any easier or treat them kindly. Like she said.....why should I have to learn to speak a foreign language to talk to them when I wouldn't want to talk to people who act like that anyway. Besides.....most already can speak English....they just won't now. She does not feel any compassion at all for them because she says they're just plain mean and rude and violent. I mean these are kids she's been through school with that have suddenly turned once they got in the higher grades. Shes also very smart but not that social and doesn't go to any games and such or care about guys, (too much ) .....she just wants to get through school alive and go home. She notices wierd things......why is it they can't abide by the boundries of our country when it's on a map....but I'm supposed to figure out what "turf" I'm not allowed to go in at school without getting beat-up? Why is it "their" land when they were born around the same time I was ,probably even in the same hospital? Why do they make special arrangements for them because they don't speak English but made me wait another year because I couldn't open my thermous at lunch by myself and they couldn't help me? Why did they want to hold me back because I was too scared to read in front of class but they pass kids who can't read in either language? Why is it parents have to pay for tutors if their kid isn't good in math or something but they don't have to pay if their kid has trouble with English?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    steelerbabe:
    My son wrote a terrific paper this past year on illegal immigration comparing it waiting in line at an amusement park and having others cutting in front and the security guards doing nothing about it.
    That's good! And then the line cutters demand that everyone else already in the park pay for their admission fee, ride, lunch, etc.
    How true! Fortunately, my son (10th grader) attends a private Christian school. To my knowledge, there are no illegals or anchors in attendance. I resent being forced to pay extra for my son to receive a quality education, but I have no choice. I have tried to educate him on the illegal alien crisis, but he considers it an "obsession" with me. He's more interested in PS3.
    That is really a shame Deb. You are paying 2x for his education. Not to mention all the other things we all pay double for- for ourselves and then we pay for everything and then some for illegals

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    The children are no different than adults. If it's in their face as a negative they'll dislike it. If they live a rich town where Maria is their maid they don't care.

The only difference with the kids is that they're indoctrinated by the schools that it's "racist" and "intolerant" not to be thrilled with the illegals.

In most of the country schools teach spanish and insist that children need to learn it because it's like a second language (they can't seem to teach a useful language such as Mandarin Chinese or French).

Don't forget that most of today's youths are listening to rap "music" which has heavy hispanic gang culture overtones.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

I feel lucky my children are grown and do not have to deal with going to school with the illegals...But my daughter is an elementary school teacher in Anaheim California...Most of her class is made up of illegals, and she gets extra pay for teaching them!

We pulled our kids out of public school 6 years ago and have homeschooled since. Our oldest son was in 3rd grade and the youngest was in kindergarten. At that time there weren't many hispanic kids in the school they attended, but spanish WAS being taught in kindergarten. There was ONE little hispanic boy who spoke no English in my son's kindergarten class- none in the oldest's class. I thought it absurd to teach spanish BEFORE proper english--so did the teacher who, by the way, spoke no spanish.
    Both of our boys are well aware of illegal immigration and problems resulting from it. Their friends who attend public schools fill them in on some things that happen at school. They tell my kids how lucky they are to be homeschooled and away from all the 'racial crap' (their words) that goes on in school.
    My oldest is in Boy Scouts (working on his Eagle - yeaaa!) and there's one little hispanic boy who brags constantly about his illegal alien father who is in jail for growing pot; how he loves Mexico; how nobody is illegal; blah blah...ALL the other boys in the troop finally had a belly full of his mouth and somehow 'handled' it (I didn't ask, and they didn't tell), so now he pretty much doesn't talk about his beloved country or his father.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    My youngest is 16 and in school now. From her view there are halls that you just don't go down. Places you don't go and basicly unless they try and talk to you.....you keep your mouth shut and move on. She is horribly shy and will go to any length possible to just stay out of the lime light. She is scared to go to school and pretty much sticks like glue to her friends and the teachers. Now she says the girls are more violent but it seems to be more black and brown fights with the girls and usually over guys. She doesn't go for this illegal immigration at all and wishes they would all go away because nothing is safe anymore even if you just stay by yourself and leave everyone alone.
    I'm sorry for your daughter. She sounds horribly traumatized. By law she must attend school but is trapped in a hostile situation. Unfortunately way too many American kids are likewise trapped.

If by some miracle we start deporting illegals asap there will still be plenty of "anchor babies" left. I hope you take time to go over the misinterpretation of birthright citizenship with her. This is our next fight, and extremely important. She may want to lend her voice to it. She is not too young for some political involvement via letters or emails. If she feels that she wants to do it, I mean. It might make her feel less helpless if she is fighting this.
    [i]“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.â€

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    We pulled our kids out of public school 6 years ago and have homeschooled since. Our oldest son was in 3rd grade and the youngest was in kindergarten. At that time there weren't many hispanic kids in the school they attended, but spanish WAS being taught in kindergarten. There was ONE little hispanic boy who spoke no English in my son's kindergarten class- none in the oldest's class. I thought it absurd to teach spanish BEFORE proper english--so did the teacher who, by the way, spoke no spanish.
    Both of our boys are well aware of illegal immigration and problems resulting from it. Their friends who attend public schools fill them in on some things that happen at school. They tell my kids how lucky they are to be homeschooled and away from all the 'racial crap' (their words) that goes on in school.
    My oldest is in Boy Scouts (working on his Eagle - yeaaa!) and there's one little hispanic boy who brags constantly about his illegal alien father who is in jail for growing pot; how he loves Mexico; how nobody is illegal; blah blah...ALL the other boys in the troop finally had a belly full of his mouth and somehow 'handled' it (I didn't ask, and they didn't tell), so now he pretty much doesn't talk about his beloved country or his father.

I don't blame you for home schooling your kids....My daughter teaches second grade and finds it very frustrating teaching the children of illegals ...The parents have little interest in their childrens education...She too tells me stories about the strange home lives of many of these children...A couple of years ago one little kid from Syria told my daughter things I'm sure his dad wouldn't want her to know...She told me "I think I'm teaching a child whose father sounds like a terrorist!" The things this little kid told her were kind of creepy!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast