Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How to respond to arguments in favor of illegal immigration

In discussions with coworkers related to illegal immigration, some have argued in favor of illegal immigration referencing how America stole land from the Mexicans and how they are now merely trying to take it back. Another issue that has come up is how early immigrants to the U.S. severely mistreated the Native Americans and stole their land. Therefore, what we are experiencing now is no different than what we have inflicted on others. How do you effectively respond to these arguments?

Besides ?????.

I simply point out that few places on the planet are still peopled by the original inhabitants. Many, many of those people have moved across the land because they were being persecuted in their own country, their king sold their land out from under them, or someone came and took their land.

Few of us are of pure blood, we are a mixture of some who conquered, some who were conquered.

History is not really pretty - and we can't make it right.

We can only work from where we are in history.

As for the Mexicans, remind them that Mexicans are a mixture of the Spanish conquerors and the Indians - so they don't have the moral high ground here either.

But of course, we can't account for the 'old people' of the SW who were here before the Indians - did they get killed out? Moved out?

And the fact that many SW Indians have similar DNA to Asians - perhaps the land bridge or ice bridge was a fact and our Indians are actually Asian conquerers - mixed with the inhabitants here then.

You could tell them that evidently they don't know history very well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I remind pro-illegal people that American soldiers are the ones who've shed blood in order for america to remain a Democracy and to allow other countries to do the same. Japan,Germany and other European countries pulled themselves up and are vibrant economies. Mexico on the other hand has remained a corrupt,filthy,greedy third world. Mexico has never been a friend to the U.S. and it is up to Mexico to clean up its act. Last time I checked Mexican soldiers are not side-by-side with our soldiers, instead they joined the ranks of the cartels. Tell them to put their efforts into Mexico not America!

Struggles and wars are part of nations' histories. How ridiculous to go backwards and allow illegal alien invaders to destroy and overtake America because of this thinking. Citizens from third world nations flooding in daily will beget a third world nation. We will have a tower of babel nation, with many different languages and no common way to communicate. We will transform in to a total welfare nation, taking care of millions and millions of people who have not entered the legal way and have no way of supporting themselves as most legal immigrants do. We will lose our sovereignty through open borders and we will no longer exist as America as we have known.

Ask people, how much is enough? How many people are enough? How much of your tax dollars do you want to go to illegal aliens? Do you like having to pay for insurance and illegal aliens do not? Do you like to present proof of who you are, where you work, and how much you make to buy a home or a car or to open a bank account and illegal aliens have to provide nothing or very little and it may be fraudulent.

A recent call to Bank of America revealed that illegal aliens are required to provide zero to open an account. That was provided to me after going through person after person and waiting a lengthy time period. Some may be asked to have a secured account, but just imagine what you would be asked to provide.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Treaty of Cahuenga ended the Spanish-American War in 1847 and the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo determined the lands that were acquired by the United States in 1848. You may read more about it on this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Cahuenga

America did not "steal" the land from Mexico... Land acquisition was settled by documented Treaty!

This all happened 160 years ago. Tell them to get over it!
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Who gives a damn what happened 150 years ago? These issues are DEAD, DONE DEAL. GET OVER IT. Stop using stupid excuses to jusify breaking the laws of another country.

Interesting post. Change the we's to you's. Sound familiar?

The south west America has been American about 160 years. New Spain became Mexico in the 1820's in 1840's it became America's. You see troll New Spain was a Spanish creation and had nothing to do with what is now called Mexico. Did you know that Baja was offered for million or so you see the Mexicans where just as corrupt then as they are now they sold it to us. I'm sure the great Mexican hero's enjoyed spending the money. Do you really think Mexico would be a better place if Mexico still held south west? Get real it's people that make counties great not land case in point all of Latin America.

Come and Get Some

nntrixie... Amen !

rlkapp... a sensitive area to have to discuss in the 1st place, if fellow co-workers are in favor of illegal immigration. In the 1st place, they are warranting the breaking of our Immigration Laws and the Constitution.

2nd... One needs to INFORM these kind of idiots lacking a serious education and loyalty to America, that they are merely being USED, by our elected officials and corporate fascists, to ruin the American way, and the ironic part, if they weren't trying to sneak in the back door and stick one in our back pockets, they would all be making the wages we Americans were making prior to their INVASION !

But let me not fault the Mexican Education system for doing such a poor job, along w/all the other poor jobs their country is doing, nor the people of their country that haven't figured it out yet. But when the main stay of their educational system and government seems to be to learn how to Invade your neighbor and smuggle dope across our borders, what else can you expect?

THEY SAY... we took this country from them, and they are now posting all over the Internet how THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE US OVER. WE CAN'T CATCH THEM. AND SOON THEY WILL BE LIVING IN OUR FORECLOSED HOMES THE BANKS ARE STEALING FROM US.

They couldn't get the job done during their past attempts to do so, and if they want US so bad and THEIR land back so badly, then all I can think to say is the same thing I used to say in the doors of the Huey's in Nam....

COME & GET SOME !!!!

To A Better Day ...

___________________________________-

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death !

I remind them that when the Spaniards came to Mexico they wiped out the Aztecs. Then I remind them that Mexico signed the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. I did take Latin American history towards a required credit for my degree and in these debates it comes in handy. Now I am thinking too bad I sold the one textbook on it.
    I also agree that it is ancient history and really should not be used as an excuse.

patrick

You are loaded for bear, aren't you?

I like that.

One more thing one could say - because it is against our laws and we are a nation of laws.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast