Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"In discussions with coworkers related to illegal immigration, some have argued in favor of illegal immigration referencing how America stole land from the Mexicans and how they are now merely trying to take it back."

By that way of thinking do they believe that every nation on the planet should give back land that they aquired either by purchasing it or through an act of war?

Ancient history. They didn't seem too concerned about it when there was nothing but tumble weed and people traveled cross country by way of the Oregon trial in covered wagons. It was only after Americans built higways, power plants, water distribution and so forth that they started claiming we stole it.

Another issue that has come up is how early immigrants to the U.S. severely mistreated the Native Americans and stole their land.
    This is a complicated, fascinating topic. The first thing to address is that "Native Americans" were not some monolithic group of people. (Ever notice how multiculturalism never actually explores the various cultures?) There were different tribes, alliances, confederacies, and long-standing vendettas among the American Indians. Internal land disputes among the tribes were legion.

The Delaware and Iroquois tribes, for example, unprovokedly attacked a large tribe named the Allegwi and drove them off the land they had lived on for a thousand years. There are situations where tribes would sell the land of enemy tribes to the settlers. Sometimes Indian chiefs and councils would negotiate land sales to the colonies and payment was given, but a sizable portion of Indians would not agree with their leaders' actions. This is a complicated subject even with the benefit of hindsight, and it's a real shame that people want to believe that the colonies just came in and stole the land.

I'm not necessarily saying that the Indians were always treated well or even fairly - they weren't - but there is more to the subject that we normally consider. It is interesting to wonder how the Indians would have been treated had they not sided with the British during the Revolutionary War.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

My Apologies For Sure !

ourcountrynottheirs,

Fogive me Maam ! With all due respect as well ! Yesterday was a very long day, and today has even been longer. Going to town once a month for supplies leaves me weary, but refreshed for another 30...

With the assistance of my better 1/2, I finally noticed w/your hint as well, and the use of a glass, I saw that was a picture of you and Lou. And since I'm new here, forgive me, and now allow me to pull my socks out of my ear. I must admit, I envy you and this meeting w/what I feel as well as many I'm sure, a life time experience w/a Great Human Being !

But forgive me not... for trying to prevail in some quaint way, to get Mr. Dobbs into the White House ! Forgive me not ~

And just having arrived, I noticed Gogo was having problems with drive by cattle shootings ? Whomever... say the word and we'll come a running ! Today was my going to town once a month,that I usually despise, but if not to acquire next months supplies, I'd just stay put on the 10,000 acre back yard...

And Safari... I've about come to the conclusion, the last of the sane one's are here. Excluding me of coarse... I think I lost most of my sanity when I had to adhere to the mere thinking... that most folks can't tell the difference between Legal Immigration, and Illegal border violation, and law breaking, etc.

And being a "full exercizer" of my 2nd Amendment Rights, and Priviledges And Responsibilities, I have but one confession to make here and now publicly...

I AM COLOR BLIND !

To me, EVERYONE is simply gray. And sometimes, I can tell that ALL are pink on the inside, and bleed red blood. But what color I do see, is the color RED, in my eyes when I see someone INVADING, our country, and those we HIRE to keep an eye on things and US safe and secure, and quite overpaid for their limp efforts.

I can see... the Whites in their eyes, when I envision me defending Ms. Liberty from THE INVASION, since the limp kneed people we hire and over pay [anything over $12.00 @ yr] can't do the job hired to do, keeping US safe and secure, AND SOVEREIGN !

But maybe what I see most, is the TRUE BLUE SPIRIT, of those yet to prove, YOU BETTER NOT MESS, WITH MS. LIBERTY ! You might have pulled down her skirt, and took advantage of her... You might have blown out her flame, when the smoke from the towers blocked it's light. You may have spit in her face, but soon, for the last time ! Because YOU, have disgraced Ms. Liberty, and now, you will answer to me.

BECAUSE I DEFEND HER LIBERTY ! HER FREEDOM & RIGHT TO STAND WHERE SHE DOES. TO WELCOME ALL THOSE, WHO COME IN PEACE !

But since NOT, you come in peace, and all you have done, is take a piece, for you, your color I see not, but for you... I have a piece ! A piece of me, and those who stand for Liberty !

My brothers, my sisters, my friends in deed, come forth to your knees, and ask for strength in our needs. To be with us, in our hour of need, to defend... Ms. Liberty ~

To A Better Day America,

Your Loyal Son & Servant,

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death !

Amen to BearFlag

BearFlagRepublic,

Amen ! Amen ! Amen ! Wouldn't you say in your own personal, professional opinion then, THAT OUR COUNTRY HAS BEEN, AND IS CURRENTLY STILL, BEING INVADED ?

In my "Conspiracy Theorists, Racially motivated, Radical, Bigot mind," I see THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, paying quite the sum of money and perks, to those that are only selling US out, to the next highest bidder, doing their best to make US think that they are doing a swell job at selling and even giving our jobs and prosperity, hell our dignity it seems, away to those that care not.... about Ms. Liberty !

So my next question is... SHOULD WE KEEP PAYING FOR IT ?!

It IS, our country, not theirs, and maybe we need to take a safari, and raise Bear Flag to the highest, and show those who deceive US most, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!

Before coming here after unloading the cattle feed, I noticed a PERSONAL REPLIED from e-mail from 1 of the Senators from my state. It was in response to my e-mail petition, & PHONE CALL, asking him to remove the SPP group to protect the SOVEREIGNTY of this Nation.

He went on to tell me it WOULD NOT, destroy the Sovereignty of this Nation or our Constitutional Rights or Freedoms. Yah de dah de Yah de ...

I'll have to slam my fingers in the door before I respond to that one !

I think it is time, once again, to form a coalition in America, once before called... THE SONS OF LIBERTY. And to be fair and equal as WE THE PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE... We'll call them, THE SONS & DAUGHTERS OF LIBERTY ~

STAND UP ! STAND TALL ! STAND FIRM ! STAND STRONG !

To A Better Day America ~

Your Loyal Son & Servant Ms. Liberty !

Give Me Death, or Give Me Liberty !

I, too, patrickhenry am "color-blind" when it comes to the population that makes up the U.S.A. and the World. During my missionary work (I returned from south of the border July of this year), I wrote the following (because of the discrimination I was feeling there):

THE BANANA PEEL EFFECT

A BANANA, AN ORANGE, A GRAPEFRUIT OR ANY OTHER FRUIT THAT NEEDS TO BE PEELED IS LIKE A HUMAN BEING. WHEN YOU PEEL OFF THE SKIN, THE FRUITS ARE THE SAME INSIDE. WHEN YOU PEEL OFF THE SKIN OF A HUMAN, THE BASICS OF THE INSIDE ARE THE SAME.

IT IS FRUITLESS TO CONTINUE ARGUING OVER RACIAL MATTERS
    BECAUSE IT JUST SHOWS HOW BRAINS FUNCTION.

EVERYBODY HAS A THOUGHT PROCESS.
    EVERYBODY EATS AND DRINK.
    EVERYBODY SOCIALIZES.
    WHERE THEY CHOOSE TO SOCIALIZE IS THEIR CHOICE.
    NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME ABILITIES FOR EMPLOYMENT.
    SOME ARE PHYSICAL LABORERS.
    SOME WORK USING THE MENTAL PROCESS.
    SOME USE THEIR MINDS TO PERFORM CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES.
    SOME USE THEIR MINDS TO INTIMIDATE OTHERS.
    SOME USE THEIR MINDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE A CONSCIENCE.
    WHEN THEY HAVE A CONSCIENCE,
    THEY CAN MAKE REASONABLE AND RESPONSIBLE CHOICES.

THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT.
    CHOICES THAT INDIVIDUALS MAKE.
    CHOICES CAN EFFECT THE WORLD NEGATIVELY.
    CHOICES CAN EFFECT THE WORLD POSITIVELY.
    THE DIRECTION OF THE WORLD ARE DETERMINED BY CHOICES INDIVIDUALS MAKE.
    INDIVIDUALS GENERALLY MAKE CHOICES TO ASSOCIATE WITH THE LIKE-MINDED.
    INDIVIDUALS AS GROUPS HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT ON SOCIAL ISSUES.
    INDIVIDUALS AS GROUPS HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT ON POLITICAL ISSUES.

THEREFORE IN THE WORLD THE BANANA PEEL EFFECT REMAINS.

IT’S THE MIND AND ACTIONS IT GENERATES THAT WILL MAKE OR DESTROY THE WORLD.

J. MARIE RUBIO, 2006
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

got carried away and didn't finish my thought process because I hit the right buttom, not the left.

The issue in the "interest of the U.S.A." is the legal immigrant vs illegal factors. I really feel for the legal immigrant with whom I do side-by-side tutorial work for the derogatory position they are put in. Many of them realize it is the fault of "illegals" and I have done many a session as "counselor" instead of tutor. They realize the importance of the need to learn English. I don't just work with Spanish speaking legal immigrants.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234