Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

At first glance it looks like a gigantic and long overdue crackdown on the H-1B visa. I haven't looked at the rest of it yet, but knowing Tom's position I had to go see about this first.

It greatly shortens the stay (365 days in a two year period, as opposed to 3-6 years with infinite extensions to wait for a green card), prevents filings for employees who've already been snuck in, removes the ability to transition to any other status while under this visa (no squatting for a green card), and no wife and kids coming along. It mandates that employers post all the jobs in America's job bank (as opposed to nowhere as is legal now). In short, the H visa becomes a true guestworker visa and can no longer be used as an immigration visa, plus it will give Americans at least a peek at the jobs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is my response to the Once_A_Democrat concerns to the, "guess worker part". I see that there is a lot more to the bill than just that!

I'm seeing it here:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.R.3333:

and here:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-3333

Here's the juice:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=h109-3333

It looks like what he is doing is diverting the opposition. I think they may be winding up to pitch a fight based on many businesses needing help.

In the fifties through the seventies it seemed to me we had an honest guest worker program. People came from all over the world to work. When their time ran out they would extend it or return home. They worked for honest wages right along side the rest of us. I learned much from them. I was new in my profession. I think they learned some also. We led the world in those days in many fields. I think many took some of that home with them.

We also had a little illegal labor. Over the years the criminals in business have taken over and now we have a few honest people coming in and a lot of illegal labor.

If we are going to return to the honest labor, when we really need it, we are going to have to have a way to bring some in.

I see the opposition working momentum in the media with a chicken little cries that they are going under. Well if they have based their business on illegal labor they should go under. Then again many have been caught up in the lawlessness and will need some help from some honest men and women.

H.R.3333
    REAL GUEST Act of 2005 (Introduced in House)

Introduced in July of 2005. (109th Congress).

Unless it has been re introduced in the current (110th) congress, it is inactive legislation.

<div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Do I have this right?

Congressman Tancredo is saying that we could have a limited, carefully monitored, restricted guest worker program where the worker could come for only a short period of time without bringing in other people with them and after their time they would return to their country of origin?

I don't find this too scarey, if I understand it correctly. (I need to admit, that I'm in a hurry at the moment and read through this very quickly).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by legal4mykidsfuture
    H.R.3333
    REAL GUEST Act of 2005 (Introduced in House)

Introduced in July of 2005. (109th Congress).

Unless it has been re introduced in the current (110th) congress, it is inactive legislation.
    Oops! And we were on a roll.

It used to be this way. Immigrants were brought in only for the time they were needed and sent home. That is the correct way of doing it. Then corporations got involved in using them to make more money then the they started paying big money to keep politicans on there side.
    Now we have Chaos.
    Our politicans are following big business and not the working in the best interests of the people.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

It's kind of like an apprenticeship in a way, because maybe they can return to their countries with good ideas and experience to HELP their countries.....instead of running away and leaving their fellow countrymen left to deal with everything.

this is a good amendment and I hope it goes through.

Of special interest is the etraining for 287g. It starts with a project to see how it would work, that would add 100,000 more trained police officers. And if it does work, it would train tens of thousands at a much speedier rate then it does now.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: HR3333 is Tom Tancredo selling out

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    From what I'm be told this bill has a guess worker part that is unlimited and includes high tech workers. What in the world is Tancredo doing?
    Relax, Tancredo isn't selling out. Bills are complicated to understand, he's not doing anything pro-illegal or guest worker.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast