Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I REALLY LIKE TANCREDO. BUT I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED WORKERS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.

WE HAVE PLENTY OF PEOPLE HERE. AMERICANS CAN BE TRAINED. WE HAVE BEEN HEARING FOR SO LONG THAT WE HAVE A WORKER SHORTAGE, THAT IT IS HARD TO GET IT OUT OF OUR HEADS. BUT WE DO NOT HAVE A WORKER SHORTAGE.

THERE ARE TONS OF UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY. AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "JOB AMERICANS WONT DO". THAT IS JUST BS.

TRAIN THEM. PAY THEM DECENT WAGES. GIVE THEM A DECENT WORK ENVIRONMENT....AND YOU WILL HAVE WORKERS. AMERICAN WORKERS.
    It is my opinion that Rep. Tancredo would agree with everything you posted.

Rep. Tancredo's bill would have elminated all of the present guest worker programs. No temporary foreign workers would have been given visas under that legislation until the Secretary of Homeland Security could certified to Congress the following:

(1) The automated entry-exit control system required under section 110 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (8 U.S.C. 1221 note), as amended, is fully implemented and functional, all ports of entry have functional biometric machine readers, and the entry into and departure from the United States of all noncitizens is recorded.

(2) All noncitizens already in the United States legally and all aliens authorized to enter the United States have been issued biometric, machine-readable travel and entry documents, as required by section 303 of the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act of 2002 (8 U.S.C. 1732).

(3) Neither immigrant nor nonimmigrant visas are being issued to nationals of foreign states that refuse to permit the return of their nationals who are ordered removed from the United States.

(4) The EASI Check system described in section 221 of this Act is fully implemented and functional and DHS has an enforcement plan in place that targets U.S. employers based on information from DHS, SSA, and IRS regarding the EASI-Check system, mismatched SSNs, and incorrectly filed information returns.

(5) All of the additional Border Patrol agents authorized under the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-45 have been hired, trained, and deployed and, if necessary, a sufficient number of United States military personnel has been deployed to support the Border Patrol so illegal entry has been reduced to the point that it is estimated at a lower level than annual removals.

(6) The Chimera system required under section 202(a)(2) of the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act of 2002 (8 U.S.C, 1722(a)(2)) is fully implemented and functional and includes digital fingerprints and photographs of all aliens granted admission to the United States and all aliens ordered removed or granted voluntary departure from the United States.

(7) All DHS databases containing information on noncitizens and the National Crime Information Center database are interoperable.

( The absconder rate for aliens ordered removed from the United States is less than five percent for the previous 12-month period.

(9) Section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1357(g)) and sections 209, 232, and 233 of this Act have been fully implemented and United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement employees respond to every request for assistance from State and local law enforcement authorities, either by taking custody of illegal aliens located by those authorities or by reimbursing those authorities for the costs of detaining and transporting such aliens.

(10) At least 80 percent of visa overstays are located and removed within one year of overstaying.

Rep. Tancredo's bill would have elminated all of the present guest worker programs. No temporary foreign workers would have been given visas under that legislation until the Secretary of Homeland Security could certified to Congress the following:

WELL THE LEGISLATION HR 3333 DID NOT PASS. BUT I DID READ THE BILL AND IT DOES ALLOW FOR A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM AS YOU HAVE STATED IN THE FULL VERSION OF YOUR POST.

HOWEVER, I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY GUEST WORKERS. IT IS FINE TO ADD SUPPORTING LEGISLATION TO PROTECT AMERICANS....AND I LIKE THE WAY THE BILL WAS WRITTEN.

HOWEVER IT RELIES TOO MUCH ON NUMBERS WHICH CAN BE CRUNCHED BY OUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT AGENCIES. THEREFORE, THE PROTECTIVE PART OF THE LEGISLATION DOES NOT MAKE ME FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE ABOUT A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM. IT IS TOO VAGUE AND THEREFORE VULNERABLE TO ABUSE.

CORPORATIONS HAVE ALREADY SHOWN THAT THEY ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO BREAK THE LAW TO CIRCUMVENT THE IMMIGRATION LAWS.

THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY I WOULD GO FOR A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM IS THIS: THE GIVING OF ANY JOB TO A GUEST WORKER WOULD HAVE TO BE ANNOUNCED ON PUBLIC TELEVISION....ALONG WITH THEIR QUALIFICATIONS. AMERICANS COULD THEN APPLY FOR THE JOB. BUT FIRST THE COMPANY WOULD NEED TO TRY TO TRAIN AMERICANS.....SIGH.

WHY GO THROUGH ALL OF THAT WHEN WE DONT NEED GUEST WORKERS. IT MIGHT BE MORE CONVENIENT FOR BUSINESSES SOMETIMES, BUT WE DONT REALLY NEED FOREIGN WORKERS. AND AN ABUSED GUEST WORKER PROGRAM IS A DANGER TO AMERICAN WORKERS.

THEY CAN SAY AMERICANS WOULD NOT TAKE THE JOB. SO BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT HONEST A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM CAN NEVER WORK. NOT UNLESS EVERY STEP WAS TELEVISED. IT WOULD GET RIDICULOUS.

COMPANIES ARE CORRUPT SO IT CAN NEVER NEVER WORK. MAKING LAWS IS BASED ON THE LAWS BEING FOLLOWED AND ENFORCED. SO BOTTOM LINE. NO GUEST WORKER PROGRAM IS ACCEPTABLE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

WELL THE LEGISLATION HR 3333 DID NOT PASS. BUT I DID READ THE BILL AND IT DOES ALLOW FOR A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM AS YOU HAVE STATED IN THE FULL VERSION OF YOUR POST.

HOWEVER, I DONT BELIEVE WE NEED ANY GUEST WORKERS. IT IS FINE TO ADD SUPPORTING LEGISLATION TO PROTECT AMERICANS....AND I LIKE THE WAY THE BILL WAS WRITTEN.

HOWEVER IT RELIES TOO MUCH ON NUMBERS WHICH CAN BE CRUNCHED BY OUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT AGENCIES. THEREFORE, THE PROTECTIVE PART OF THE LEGISLATION DOES NOT MAKE ME FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE ABOUT A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM. IT IS TOO VAGUE AND THEREFORE VULNERABLE TO ABUSE.

CORPORATIONS HAVE ALREADY SHOWN THAT THEY ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO BREAK THE LAW TO CIRCUMVENT THE IMMIGRATION LAWS.

THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY I WOULD GO FOR A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM IS THIS: THE GIVING OF ANY JOB TO A GUEST WORKER WOULD HAVE TO BE ANNOUNCED ON PUBLIC TELEVISION....ALONG WITH THEIR QUALIFICATIONS. AMERICANS COULD THEN APPLY FOR THE JOB. BUT FIRST THE COMPANY WOULD NEED TO TRY TO TRAIN AMERICANS.....SIGH.

WHY GO THROUGH ALL OF THAT WHEN WE DONT NEED GUEST WORKERS. IT MIGHT BE MORE CONVENIENT FOR BUSINESSES SOMETIMES, BUT WE DONT REALLY NEED FOREIGN WORKERS. AND AN ABUSED GUEST WORKER PROGRAM IS A DANGER TO AMERICAN WORKERS.

THEY CAN SAY AMERICANS WOULD NOT TAKE THE JOB. SO BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT HONEST A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM CAN NEVER WORK. NOT UNLESS EVERY STEP WAS TELEVISED. IT WOULD GET RIDICULOUS.

COMPANIES ARE CORRUPT SO IT CAN NEVER NEVER WORK. MAKING LAWS IS BASED ON THE LAWS BEING FOLLOWED AND ENFORCED. SO BOTTOM LINE. NO GUEST WORKER PROGRAM IS ACCEPTABLE.
    I agree with all your points and I bet that Rep. Tancredo would too. Tom Tancredo does believe the lie that there are jobs Americans won't do.

There are several guest worker programs already in effect. I liked Rep. Tancredo's legislation because it would have eliminated all of those guest worker programs.

It would have been much harder for any foreign worker to come to this country under Rep. Tancredo's legislation that it is for a foreign worker to come to the U.S. now.

If he elected president, every illegal alien in this country, including visa overstayers, will voluntarily return home or be deported.

legal4mykidsfuture

The 109th and 110th legislation is good for 2 years. The 111th and 112th will be good for 2 years. For some reason, they work in 2 year increments.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234