Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HUGHLEY; “OH NO YOU DIDN’Tâ€

HUGHLEY; “OH NO YOU DIDN’Tâ€

First off,
    WELCOME

to ALIPAC, ilatinogal2!!, Sounds good to me, ilatinogal2, but then again, I'm not a moderator.

I believe most blacks have been bamboozled into thinking that illegal immigration is more of a civil issue rather than an issue of legality. Of course, when their leaders like Rev Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton state the former, they don't help things here. La Raza has made good freinds with these two and I don't think blacks, most anyway, will come to realize the incorrectness in what they say, not until the race card is discontinued. So, most blacks and hispanics think that since citizens, white citizens that is, are discriminatory and racist becuase of the propaganda being spread by La Raza. La Raza knows that the anit-illegal immigrant groups have very valid points about the presence of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS in this country and La Raza doesn't have a leg to stand on, so what do they do? Play the race card--Al and Jesse have been bamboozled as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hughley

You are wrong. Most Black folk I know have been tired of illegal immigrant for years. Illegals moved into Black communities first and because White folk wanted cheaper labor, Black people have had to deal with all the BS. Like everyone else, we have had to deal with Illegals in our schools, hospitals, etc. and we as Black people never had a choice in the matter. Illegals don't treat us like they treat White Americans. They treat us much worse, but because of people like Hughley and Jackson, we are forced to accomodate them in our community. We know most Hispanics don't like us, but what do you expect us to do. People wanted cheap labor and now they got it, along with a whole lot of things unexpected. Next time, people need to stop thinking that what will affect some Americans won't reach them at some point.

Re: Hughley

Quote Originally Posted by dginki
    You are wrong. Most Black folk I know have been tired of illegal immigrant for years. Illegals moved into Black communities first and because White folk wanted cheaper labor, Black people have had to deal with all the BS. Like everyone else, we have had to deal with Illegals in our schools, hospitals, etc. and we as Black people never had a choice in the matter. Illegals don't treat us like they treat White Americans. They treat us much worse, but because of people like Hughley and Jackson, we are forced to accomodate them in our community. We know most Hispanics don't like us, but what do you expect us to do. People wanted cheap labor and now they got it, along with a whole lot of things unexpected. Next time, people need to stop thinking that what will affect some Americans won't reach them at some point.
    Welcome, dginki! I agree. There were too many people who didn't mind this illegal immigration because they were profitting from it in some way. Cheap labor, nannies, gardners, whatever. They live in their affluent, gated communities and don't have to suffer through the ill effects as the rest of us. They think that they are insulated and "above it all," but someday it will come to bite them as the rest of us.

The politicians are just pandering now to get the "Latino" vote. They see the Latinos as the up and coming "new majority minority" and both parties are vying for this new "voting block" using the immigration issue. Funny thing is that only legal citizens should be voting and legal citizens should want our immigration laws enforced and a sane immigration policy which is in the best interests of THIS country and its CITIZENS.

The activists keep making comparison between the illegal issue and the fight for Civil Rights by African Americans, totally ignoring the fact that African Americans were only fighting for rights they had long been denied AS CITIZENS OF THE U.S. If I were an African American, I would deeply resent this comparison. But some people get confused and are swayed by that.

BTW, it isn't just "white" people who employed the illegals, but affluent people and business people of all stripes, including other affluent Latinos.

Then why is it that just about every black person I talk to doesn't think illegal immigration is an issue????? It is La Raza, Jesse and Al who are all spewing forward that illegal immigration is a civil issue and not an issue of legality.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

First wellcome to ilatnogal2 and dginki. Second just look at the unemployment rates for african americans in states that are heavy in illeagals.

I've met blacks with both opinions on the issue. Same as whites, if they are not impacted or competing with the illegal aliens, then they can pretend like it is not a problem. Unless it is directly effecting them, or they have been enlightened, then they don't see it.

This might come as a supprise to some but I know a lot of conservative blacks that would never vote for a Marxist like Obama and I know some White people that voted for him. It's got more to do with life experiences and how gullible they are than it does with skin color.

Frankly, MSM is making Obama’s inauguration all about race. They are going on and on about the "first black president". He's actually bi-racial just like a lot of other Americans. I think calling him black is like denying that he's half white. Honestly, I'm not sure why Obama doesn't correct the press, like Tiger Woods does. I just think Obama and the MSM are doing a great injustice to the person of the future that will truly be the frist black president. That credit belongs to them, not Obama.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Then why is it that just about every black person I talk to doesn't think illegal immigration is an issue????? It is La Raza, Jesse and Al who are all spewing forward that illegal immigration is a civil issue and not an issue of legality.
    Maybe it is the group of Black folks you are talking to. I am a physician and most of my friends and family are educated men and women who have to deal with the issue of illegal immigration on a whole different level. I have a friend who came to this country from Haiti when she was 9 years old. She was very pro-illegal immigrant because of her circumstances. When her sister became very ill and she had to deal with nurses at a major NY hospital who could not communicate very well in English, my friend became very angry. You see, it's not until something happens very close to home that some people wake up. My friend is a physician and now becomes very angry when she is forced to speak another language in order to take care of the illegals that come to the emergency room. She speaks three different languages and now feels so offended when she has to learn to speak Spanish. If your life is not disrupted in much of a way, you don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I've met blacks with both opinions on the issue. Same as whites, if they are not impacted or competing with the illegal aliens, then they can pretend like it is not a problem. Unless it is directly effecting them, or they have been enlightened, then they don't see it.

This might come as a supprise to some but I know a lot of conservative blacks that would never vote for a Marxist like Obama and I know some White people that voted for him. It's got more to do with life experiences and how gullible they are than it does with skin color.

Frankly, MSM is making Obama’s inauguration all about race. They are going on and on about the "first black president". He's actually bi-racial just like a lot of other Americans. I think calling him black is like denying that he's half white. Honestly, I'm not sure why Obama doesn't correct the press, like Tiger Woods does. I just think Obama and the MSM are doing a great injustice to the person of the future that will truly be the frist black president. That credit belongs to them, not Obama.

Dixie
    @Dixie, I can see where you are coming from, but the problem is that through out the history of BLACK folks in this country, it did not matter what quantum of African blood you had, you where black. It was not because that is what people chose to be, but what they were told they were and they had no say in it. We are talking about 400 years. The descendents of African slaves in this country are so "mixed up" with so many different things that you will have a hard time categorizing folks. Are we now suppose to adopt the Apartheid mindset and start messuring peoples noses and looking at their hair type? Please go back and look at the so called famous African Americans in history. Many of them had one White or Native American parent, but they where thrown into the batch with people who had so called two black parents(questionable). The whole issue is so much more complicated then you know and it is best to allow people to see themselves as they see fit. See, you can't come in now and decide who people are. Let them decide. Tiger made his decision and I can make mine.
    If you look at how you think, that may explain why some black people are not on our side of the immigration debate. The issue of color and race is a complicated one and instead of concentrating on what we disagree on, we need to focus on what will unite us.

Dixie & dginki ; you both wrote good sound opinions of which I will add my 2 cents worth.

Obama does not have American slave ancesters nor was he around when we were marching in the streets for equal rights for all Americans.

I am not saying he should not be our President and I am willing to have a wait an see attitude and I pray he does not favor the far left agenda but I am sick of everyone's focus on his black heritage by a African father.

I wish the first black President would have been a black person whoes family suffered the degredation of our racially biased past by not only some whites but by other nationalities as well, including some blacks.

That would have been a truely historical moment instead of this watered down attempt at casting a half black half white man raised in a white mothers enviroment as being the First African American President.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast