Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: cnn

Quote Originally Posted by jazzloversinc
    CNN has no clue about delegates. Your problem is listening to the media who knows nothing. Unbelieveable.
    Fox did the same break down. It is mathematically impossible for anyone else to take the nomination from McCain.

Ok...

Dolly...please outline the delegate process for us. I'd like to know more about it. thanks.

Re: Ok...

Dolly...please outline the delegate process for us. I'd like to know more about it. thanks.
    CNN LIVE EVENT/SPECIAL

Obama Cleans Up; Huckabee Still Alive in Presidential Race?

Aired February 11, 2008 - 20:00 ET

"ROBERTS: Well, according to CNN calculations, Governor Huckabee has so far tallied 217 delegates, compared to McCain's 723. They need 1,191 to win the nomination.

And what we want to do is just play out a scenario here, just to keep this in perspective. You need 1,191 delegates to win. And these are the approximate numbers that everyone has right now. These are estimates, McCain at just about 900, Huckabee at just about 300. So, this is the game we're going to play.

Let's assume that Mike Huckabee wins all the remaining states with 50 percent of the vote. McCain gets 40 percent. And Ron Paul gets 10 percent for all the remaining states. So, let's tap on Huckabee. He wins Idaho. He wins Oregon. And we're going to go all the way through. And this is how the delegates divide up. Mississippi, North Carolina, Virginia, big wins for Mike Huckabee, and finally not to forget Hawaii.

ROBERTS: Not to forget Hawaii.

TOOBIN: Hawaii. There we go. OK.

ROBERTS: We want to go cover that one on the 19th.

TOOBIN: Look at what happens. Even with Huckabee winning all the remaining primaries, John McCain is over the top. He's got 1,204 delegates, and you only need 1,191 to win.

ROBERTS: There you go.

TOOBIN: So, this is why, you know, we're not just making it up that Mike Huckabee has no chance of winning the nomination. It just seems like the numbers aren't there for him.

ROBERTS: And nobody is saying that this is going to happen, because perhaps of the acrimony between the campaigns, but if Mitt Romney decided to release delegates and let them go to whenever they wanted to, and let's say they went to Mike Huckabee...

TOOBIN: The numbers still aren't there, because McCain is over the top even with Romney keeping all his delegates or giving them all to Huckabee."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... se.01.html

no no...

Oh no no Dolly...I don't want a transcription from cnn talking heads...I'd like for you to explain the delegate process for this thread. I didn't even read the above post. I need to understand it...i do not believe the cnn or fox or whoever..newspeople really know it...so that was not help to me. thanks!

Re: no no...

Oh no no Dolly...I don't want a transcription from cnn talking heads...I'd like for you to explain the delegate process for this thread. I didn't even read the above post. I need to understand it...i do not believe the cnn or fox or whoever..newspeople really know it...so that was not help to me. thanks!
    I am not going to argue with you. If they are saying that Romney who had 300 delegates when he dropped out----and Huckabee who has about 220 delegates now----had no chance of winning even if they would win every other state by 50% and even with the other's delegates-----there is no way that Paul is going to win with less than 50 delegates.

Huckabee lost Virginia. Is it a winner take all state??

Viriginia is a winner takes all delegates state.

MW
    Dolly wrote:

If they are saying that Romney who had 300 delegates when he dropped out----and Huckabee who has about 220 delegates now----had no chance of winning even if they would win every other state by 50% and even with the other's delegates-----there is no way that Paul is going to win with less than 50 delegates.
    You're right, Paul has no chance. I know how his supporters feel though, because supporting Hunter put me in the same boat.

Paul painted a pretty clear picture of where he thought his campaign stood right after Romney bailed out.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456