Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: No Intestinal Fortitude

Quote Originally Posted by jazzloversinc
    Huckabee shouldn't drop out..if he stays in..there is NO WAY mccain can get all those delegates he needs and a brokered convention will happen which will be better to insure INSANE MCCAIN will not win the nomination.
    The variable of staying in the race to convention was taken into consideration by those looking at the numbers. The consensus is that Huckabee won't be able to prevent McCain getting the required delegates, even if Romney threw his delegates Huckabee's way. Earlier this morning I heard one of Huckabee's campaign staff say he isn't necessarily in to win; rather he wants to continue having a voice in the "process".

LOLLLL

LOLLL Huckabee has been running on Ron Paul's platform for awhile. Well I guess they say imitation is the greatest form of a compliment. No IRS, return to the Constitution, lol..he tried to do a moneybomb which failed, and now he's staying in "for the message" lol. Well, ok. At least SOMEBODY is listening to Ron Paul.

There have been several posts on here about how the delegate process works and they have obviously been ignored. I seriously doubt Mccain has all those delegates...because many of them are delegates for other candidates and they haven't even been assigned until the STATE conventions occur which wont' be until around April.

Again, PLEASE stop watching the main stream media channels..they are brainwashing you into believing that McCain has won..and there is no chance for anyone else..which will cause people who have not voted to make errors in judgement when voting.

MW
    Saki wrote:

The numbers have been crunched by the best, and consensus seems to be that Huckabee has no shot at the nomination.
    That's not what was reported in my local newspaper this morning. According to the article I read, Huckabee will bow out when it's no longer mathematically possible for him to win (Raleigh News & Observer).

Jazzloverinc wrote:

Earlier this morning I heard one of Huckabee's campaign staff say he isn't necessarily in to win; rather he wants to continue having a voice in the "process".
    Obviously we're reading and hearing conflicting reports. Who and where was it said that Huckabee wasn't necessarily in it to win? That's not what I've been reading and hearing. When making such comments please be specific on the who and where.

SHAME on Hunter if he entertains the thought of being a VP to huckabee who is clearly an advocate for amnesty...HYPOCRITE.
    Obviously you have failed to fully research Duncan Hunter. If you had, you would immediately know that your comment is about as ridiculous a comment as could be made. There is no way on God's green earth that Hunter would ever consider advocating for illegal immigrant amnesty. Other than Tancredo, no politician has been more consistent on the issue.

Would you rather have an illegal immigrant advocate as VP or a proven anti-illegal immigrant advocate? Why is it so impossible to believe that Hunter may actually think he can make a difference on the issue of illegal immigration and border security from the VP position?

Dolly wrote:

On CNN tonight.........They said that even if Huckabee would win every single remaining state by 50%------and even if he ended up with Romney's delegates somehow...........McCain would still beat him!!!
    CNN can say what the will, however, one fact remains - they don't own a crystal ball. Several months ago the news media had all but written McCain's obituary but look at where he's at now.

Rockfish wrote:

Maybe we can all urge Mike to take Hunter now as his VP.
    I'm with you on that, Rockfish.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bottom Line...

Bottom Line..the Main stream media is NOT NEWS it's nothing more than a bunch of egotistical editorialists. I never listen to them.

They have no way of knowing who those delegates are OR who they will be assigned to. There have been NO state conventions and no voting for delegates have occurred.

MANY of McCains delegates WILL BE RON PAUL people. Ron paul people are going to turn out to vote for their delegates at the state conventions.

I'm tired of beating my head against the wall on this subject. It is now FLAT!

People get the government they deserve.

I could support a Hunter/Huckabee ticket largely because of my great respect for Hunter, but the point is moot as 99% McCain will be the GOP nominee.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It only gets to be a brokered convention if McCain doesn't get enough votes.. and then (if I'm not mistaken) aren't only the delegates not already voting for McCain up for brokerage?
    So, based on that fact, if any two other candidates stay in the race, lets say Mitt and Huck, and Ron Paul holds on to his delegates, McCain would still win.. the only way a brokered convention would favor anybody besides the leader going in, is if another person gets enough delegates to pass the leader, is that not correct?
    So, under that assumption, if Mitt, Huck, and Ron all hold thier delegates (I would doubt very much if either Mitt or Huck would toss their delegates to Ron) then we end up handing it to McCain.. simple math.. he with the most votes wins, the ONLY way to beat the leader is to get more votes, and if they don't pool them to 1 person, its all over, McCain wins.
    The totals so far are as follows: there are 2380 total delegates, there have been 1242 delegates decided so far, McCain has 723 Mitt has 286 Huck has 217 and Ron has 16 (numbers from CNN) the ONLY way Ron can win, is if he takes almost all the rest of the delegates, and that will not happen, the only way McCain loses is for Mitt or Huck to throw their votes to the other, and then to get like 2/3 of the delegates left, that is a possible solution, but with Mitt 'out of the race', it is highly unlikely he will get the votes needed to win, so your choice becomes McCain or Huckabee.
    (BTW he NEVER said his immigration/border policy involved a 'touchback' system, that was misinterpreted, he has always stated that those here must leave and go to the BACK of the line, he only said that the entry system should be sped up, that waiting for 12 years was too long, if we can do background checks faster it should take weeks or days, not years to clear people)

MW
    Populist wrote:

the point is moot as 99% McCain will be the GOP nominee.
    McCain is in the driver's seat, that's for sure. However, I don't think he's reached anywhere near a 99% probability yet.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jabwocky
    It only gets to be a brokered convention if McCain doesn't get enough votes.. and then (if I'm not mistaken) aren't only the delegates not already voting for McCain up for brokerage?
    So, based on that fact, if any two other candidates stay in the race, lets say Mitt and Huck, and Ron Paul holds on to his delegates, McCain would still win.. the only way a brokered convention would favor anybody besides the leader going in, is if another person gets enough delegates to pass the leader, is that not correct?
    So, under that assumption, if Mitt, Huck, and Ron all hold thier delegates (I would doubt very much if either Mitt or Huck would toss their delegates to Ron) then we end up handing it to McCain.. simple math.. he with the most votes wins, the ONLY way to beat the leader is to get more votes, and if they don't pool them to 1 person, its all over, McCain wins.
    The totals so far are as follows: there are 2380 total delegates, there have been 1242 delegates decided so far, McCain has 723 Mitt has 286 Huck has 217 and Ron has 16 (numbers from CNN) the ONLY way Ron can win, is if he takes almost all the rest of the delegates, and that will not happen, the only way McCain loses is for Mitt or Huck to throw their votes to the other, and then to get like 2/3 of the delegates left, that is a possible solution, but with Mitt 'out of the race', it is highly unlikely he will get the votes needed to win, so your choice becomes McCain or Huckabee.
    (BTW he NEVER said his immigration/border policy involved a 'touchback' system, that was misinterpreted, he has always stated that those here must leave and go to the BACK of the line, he only said that the entry system should be sped up, that waiting for 12 years was too long, if we can do background checks faster it should take weeks or days, not years to clear people)
    For Republicans, the nominee has to win 1100 delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Saki wrote:

The numbers have been crunched by the best, and consensus seems to be that Huckabee has no shot at the nomination.
    That's not what was reported in my local newspaper this morning. According to the article I read, Huckabee will bow out when it's no longer mathematically possible for him to win (Raleigh News & Observer).

Jazzloverinc wrote:

[quote:2vh9i9r0]Earlier this morning I heard one of Huckabee's campaign staff say he isn't necessarily in to win; rather he wants to continue having a voice in the "process".
    Obviously we're reading and hearing conflicting reports. Who and where was it said that Huckabee wasn't necessarily in it to win? That's not what I've been reading and hearing. When making such comments please be specific on the who and where.

SHAME on Hunter if he entertains the thought of being a VP to huckabee who is clearly an advocate for amnesty...HYPOCRITE.
    Obviously you have failed to fully research Duncan Hunter. If you had, you would immediately know that your comment is about as ridiculous a comment as could be made. There is no way on God's green earth that Hunter would ever consider advocating for illegal immigrant amnesty. Other than Tancredo, no politician has been more consistent on the issue.

Would you rather have an illegal immigrant advocate as VP or a proven anti-illegal immigrant advocate? Why is it so impossible to believe that Hunter may actually think he can make a difference on the issue of illegal immigration and border security from the VP position?

Dolly wrote:

On CNN tonight.........They said that even if Huckabee would win every single remaining state by 50%------and even if he ended up with Romney's delegates somehow...........McCain would still beat him!!!
    CNN can say what the will, however, one fact remains - they don't own a crystal ball. Several months ago the news media had all but written McCain's obituary but look at where he's at now.

Rockfish wrote:

Maybe we can all urge Mike to take Hunter now as his VP.
    I'm with you on that, Rockfish. [/quote:2vh9i9r0]

"CNN can say what the will, however, one fact remains - they don't own a crystal ball. Several months ago the news media had all but written McCain's obituary but look at where he's at now. "

No, not a crystal ball---but they did the math will all of the remaining states and delegates. Plus, even with them throwing in Romney's delegates going to Huckabee---it is not mathematically possible in any way for Huckabee to win the nomination.

cnn

CNN has no clue about delegates. Your problem is listening to the media who knows nothing. Unbelieveable.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast