Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'pre-banned chicken'

one of the guys I'm working with has been telling me his mother wasn't too keen on the idea. Well, she came home today and told him there was a meeting at work and he was RIGHT! He doesn't know what the meeting was about, but whatever it was it changed her mind, she's on our side and is standing behind him -- another black southerner for the cause!
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Two of my grandsons, 13 and 10 (we have 14grands in all) were here for Easter and they are very much concerend what is going on. Every morning and every evening they would listen to Fox news with us....and yes my son said they listen at home....on their own. They both go to very conservative public schools, which is almost unheard of these days. The oldest said this is discussed in his civic class all the time. Ian the 13 year old said to me that he wont be able to get a job to help pay for college, he sort of laughed and said "not even washing dishes," so that knocks down their theory "jobs Americans won't do." He is in accelerated classes and Iam sure he will get a scholarship when that day comes, but he still will need money. My daugher had a full scholarship and still needed to work. My grandson makes me proud, not many 13 year olds are thinking that way, and by no means is he some sort of nerdy kid, just one that is thinking about his future.

Here's my spin on it. Too many of our youth are running around pretending to be gangsters. They are wearing those hoochie mamma clothes, flashing gang signs, tattooing themselves, hanging with the homies, listening to Latino music, graffiti... My kids are around 20 and I have been fighting that garbage. All of them are gangsta want’a be’s. I'm so mad. They think it's cool to act like a "Chicano". I've said if I loaded up a car full of them and dumped them out in Rock Island at night, they would all pee their pants. That would end that!

I think that will all change soon. The Hispanic kids will start turning on other races, it's just a matter of time. They have got a hostile united attitude brewing and there is no room for outsiders so the other kids will soon be shunned. Thank God!!!!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't really know how to handle this with my grandchildren - they are younger - but in school.

Of course, it isn't really up to me - that's their parents decision, but how do you handle it with small children?

Now they go to school with overwhelming Mexican - some illegals - some under some HB or NAFTA work program.

My children and grandchildren have never even considered the ethnicity of a person. My stepmother and brother and sister are of Mexican ancestry.

It is a concern.

They haven't had any problems with them except on the soccer field. Now these kids can play soccer - I mean they are great. The bad part is their parents and coach, teach them to cheat. They teach the 6 and 7 year olds to grab the shirt, trip , and punch the American kids.

One night there was a Mexican referee and the parents were yelling in Spanish for the kids to do this, thinking none of the white people could understand. My husband is hard of hearing, but I made him walk around so he could hear. He told my son. My son is 6 ft, 240 and looks like wrestler. He is kinda mild mannered - but the referee was doing nothing and the coach was too PC to say anything. My son stood up and yelled - 'Stop right now. This is going to stop, (pointed at the referee) and you will be fair about this or this game is over - right now." We are talking hearing pin drop.

The game went fine after that - but I don't think my grandson will play soccer again next year. That is just too much hassle.

My daughter in law says the kids are well behaved at school, though.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As parents, it's our duty to make sure our children are aware of the important issues. My son, who just turned 16, used to think I was over reacting to the illegal alien problem. Gradually though, he began to show more and more interest. Now, if 6 o'clock rolls around and I don't have Lou Dobbs on, he'll say dad, aren't you going to watch Lou Dobbs? Then, when he saw the demonstrations of Mexican flag wavers and these people demanding their "rights", he finally got it. It's important that we instill values in our children and the ability to make reasoned decisions.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Educating young children about our country really does start at home. As a child I had an Uncle who fought in WWl and he taught me more about what went on than my history teachers and books. My 18 year old niece is very much aware of what the issues because her parents and family have been hands on with her education.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

I usually advise forum posters under age 24 to go live awhile and then come back and talk politics. Because until they do go live a bit, they are either guilded by their parents or more often than not their youth. Both based in a certain amount of ignorance. No offense but parents opinions forced onto their kids, isn't the kids own opinions. I like to hear directly from the kids mind.
    In other words, I should be seen and not heard?

Some of you saw what I have posted. To say that my ideas don't contain at least an iota of truth is not really sound.

They are wearing those hoochie mamma clothes, flashing gang signs, tattooing themselves, hanging with the homies, listening to Latino music, graffiti...
    I'm laughing coz I've gone through the same as you. I actually had my oldest thank me today for not allowing her to do those things. BTW she got her first job. YMCA camp counselor. They said it was refreshing to find such an intelligent young woman that didn't have studs and tatoos. They were also impressed how she handled the various conflicts with the children. Which if you knew her as a youngster would be startling. Parenting classes paid off I guess.

I saw one young latino girl in Jr.High with a big Tatoo across her very low back that said, "SAY MY NAME". Sad. I just kept after mine and said once you're 18 and on your own you can do what you want......but not while you're under my roof!!! (sound familiar ) Fortunatly.....by 18 she changed her mind. Ya....she wore the dog collars and was into the gothic stuff.....so I wasn't that strict, but held my ground on others. I'm happy to say there's something besides black in her wardrobe now and haven't seen the huge chains and dog collars in a while. She isn't much into politics at all......just her corner of the world though.

Re: I don't think the young people get it!

Since when during the ages of man has this ever been any different! LOL. I didn't care either when I was their age.

And actually, I saw MANY young people (not illegal aliens) in the streets with the protestors. Youth likes the underdog.....we are the grumpy, old, parental, establishment!

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    I think many young people are too busy doing what they do.....

to pay attention to any of this....and it's their future that we are trying to protect.

Today, I stopped at a BP gas station, to purchase some cigarettes, I asked this guy what he thought was going to happen, now that Bolivia has grabbed control of BP and other oil firms there......

He looked to be maybe later 20's. He said he hadn't heard a thing about it!!!

Between their working, school, playing games, whatever...they are not paying attention!!

Many older people may be like this too...but it seems to be the younger ones.

Parents need to do more to inspire patriotism, interest in history and interest in current events in their children. The dinner table is a fabulous place to start. I know everyone is going at breakneck speed these days, but we should make time for the things that are important--especially family. A funny thing happened to me the other day. My two & 1/2 year old is very verbal and listens to everything you say. He understood most of a conversation I was having with my husband, and he chimed in "Mommy, these people need to get out of our country." I just about cried laughing! He also thinks people shouldn't burn our American flags because "it's not nice." Out of the mouths of babes. I guess I'm raising a little patriot. Warms my heart! I can only hope some of the lessons he learns from my husband and I stick with him.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast