Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ian the 13 year old said to me that he wont be able to get a job to help pay for college, he sort of laughed and said "not even washing dishes," so that knocks down their theory "jobs Americans won't do." He is in accelerated classes and Iam sure he will get a scholarship when that day comes, but he still will need money.
    They'd much prefer to give out loans than let kids have hard cash; same with the trend of pushing credit cards at them, to the point where debt is considered natural, or a form of freedom - being that conditioned and accustomed to it at that young an age they'll likely never even know they've sold their souls to the money-changers. Leave the cash for criminality, like arms trading and immigration, sucking it all out of our economy for the benefit of what amounts to an alien entity, literally or otherwise(global cabalists/oligarchs in particular).
    The American Conservative

Bail out families, not usurers and speculators.

It all starts at home is my motto. Involved parents are the best role models.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

"dinner table?" What's that???

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother
    Parents need to do more to inspire patriotism, interest in history and interest in current events in their children. The dinner table is a fabulous place to start. I know everyone is going at breakneck speed these days, but we should make time for the things that are important--especially family. A funny thing happened to me the other day. My two & 1/2 year old is very verbal and listens to everything you say. He understood most of a conversation I was having with my husband, and he chimed in "Mommy, these people need to get out of our country." I just about cried laughing! He also thinks people shouldn't burn our American flags because "it's not nice." Out of the mouths of babes. I guess I'm raising a little patriot. Warms my heart! I can only hope some of the lessons he learns from my husband and I stick with him.

I saw my nephew again today and I asked if he saw the protests on television and he said he hadn't -- between working late and all , he just goes home, eats and goes to bed. I was complaining that no one wanted to listen -- he told he listened and he was telling all the guys he worked with what I said. I told him I was talking about the President and Congress.

He has spread the word about some concerns I had and people are taking action or otherwise have everything they need
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

As a 25 year old I feel I must add to this post and let you know you are all right. The majority of young people just don't get it. I have always been told I am an old soul but I would like to refer to it as being an informed concerned American. I actually have to live with the typical young American, my husband is 23 and dealing with him has given me insight into what the typical young person is thinking about this whole thing.

The other day he said something about buying something from walmart I was like I thought we talked about this and he said why are you boycotting walmart? Do you think because you don't go spend your $50 dollars at walmart it is going to change something? I said because they hire illegals and support la raza he said, and I quote "do you really think a large corporation like walmart would risk hiring illegals"? I wanted to kill him. I was almost speechless but I managed to spew out "that is the most naive thing I have ever heard, now I know why we are going to lose this war because of people like you who are just to damn ingnorant to realize that the corporate world as well as our government is corrupt." I was so pissed I didn't say anything to him after that for the rest of the day.

Don't get me wrong he is pissed about the invasion. (Like most people) He just doesn't think anything he does will make a difference. He doesn't discourage me from doing what I do but I think this is really putting a strain on our marriage because this is all I think about or talk about. I have quit talking about it to him because he made a comment about the fact that the illegals is all I talk about. When I am reading posts on ALIPAC he always asks me "what is new in the mexican news" I used to tell him but now I just ignore him I told him I feel like he is just entertaining me by pretending to want to be involved with what I am into. I also told him that I feel if he really wanted to know he would find out for himself and inform himself. Am I wrong? I feel like such a B--ch. But I am angry and I want him to be angry too.

I really think the way he feels is the way most young people feel like they can't make a difference that they don't matter. and that our government will take care of us. Young people cannot imagine anything bad happening to America they probably think that just because we have the most powerful army in the world and the wealthiest people that everything will turn out okay.

It all starts at home is my motto. Involved parents are the best role models
    It's like you took the very words out of my mouth...
    We always took time with our kids, they always were the first priority and to this day we are very proud of the kind of people they turned out to be.They weren't angels, don't get me wrong, but they were taught for little on to know right from wrong, respect other people, and hold on to your values no matter how others may criticize you. We taught them that being loving and kind would get them more places then being a bully. Not only have our kids followed through with living like this, they have instilled these values with our grandkids....I was blessed that I was able to be a stay at home mom, no we didn't know sometimes where the next dollar would come from, but the kids learned our values no one elses. I know this isn't always easy these days. When our older grands were young we took care of them while their parents worked, some parents don't have that I know.
    As far as my oldest grand and going to college, I don't think any of us would have to worry that he would go wild and spend money if he had it. Infact he could be known as the "little banker." All the kids are in sports, and attend church, with their parents right beside them. Yes you have to show your children your values, not just talk to them about them. OK so now I am going on and on, but we are very proud parents and grandparents. Sometimes no matter what you do though, kids get lost, it's not any fault of their parents, it just happens. I have seen it happen with friends and my heart aches for them when they ask us what did we do wrong, sometimes it's not anything that someone did, sometimes it just happens, peer pressure, bullys at school, feeling left out. Beleive me our family has it's share of disagreements, that happens, but we know that we filled them with love, tried to teach them all we could, and made time for them, that's all you can do. No matter how late someone was when they were growing up, supper waited, we always sat around the table together.

Quote Originally Posted by againstillegals
    As a 25 year old I feel I must add to this post and let you know you are all right. The majority of young people just don't get it. I have always been told I am an old soul but I would like to refer to it as being an informed concerned American. I actually have to live with the typical young American, my husband is 23 and dealing with him has given me insight into what the typical young person is thinking about this whole thing.

The other day he said something about buying something from walmart I was like I thought we talked about this and he said why are you boycotting walmart? Do you think because you don't go spend your $50 dollars at walmart it is going to change something? I said because they hire illegals and support la raza he said, and I quote "do you really think a large corporation like walmart would risk hiring illegals"? I wanted to kill him. I was almost speechless but I managed to spew out "that is the most naive thing I have ever heard, now I know why we are going to lose this war because of people like you who are just to damn ingnorant to realize that the corporate world as well as our government is corrupt." I was so pissed I didn't say anything to him after that for the rest of the day.

Don't get me wrong he is pissed about the invasion. (Like most people) He just doesn't think anything he does will make a difference. He doesn't discourage me from doing what I do but I think this is really putting a strain on our marriage because this is all I think about or talk about. I have quit talking about it to him because he made a comment about the fact that the illegals is all I talk about. When I am reading posts on ALIPAC he always asks me "what is new in the mexican news" I used to tell him but now I just ignore him I told him I feel like he is just entertaining me by pretending to want to be involved with what I am into. I also told him that I feel if he really wanted to know he would find out for himself and inform himself. Am I wrong? I feel like such a B--ch. But I am angry and I want him to be angry too.

I really think the way he feels is the way most young people feel like they can't make a difference that they don't matter. and that our government will take care of us. Young people cannot imagine anything bad happening to America they probably think that just because we have the most powerful army in the world and the wealthiest people that everything will turn out okay.
    I'm as bad as you, I think people hate for me to call!

Evidently your husband hasn't seen where Wal-Mart paid $11 million to "settle federal allegations" for hiring illegals

at 23 years old, you might want to remind him he is eligbile for the draft and would be wise to help you in your fight
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

againstillegals, I read your post with interest. I'm a long ways past 25 and my husband is older than me but this sounds pretty familar. I don't understand why guys think that we wouldn't ALL make a difference if we boycotted something or if we all got on the same page and sang the song just once. If we lose this battle against illegal aliens, it will be because of the people who didn't speak up, I'm positive of that.

But I dont' think we are going to lose.

Think about this: how many times has your knight in dented armor come through at the last moment, when you had given up hope and felt like you were on your own? Mine has done so plenty of times and when he fights, he fights harder than I do and with more purpose.[/quote]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

moosetracks, most young adults, I said most Oblivion lol, do not watch the news! I think besides the dinner hour with your kids there should be at least 15 min of watching news then 15 min of discussing current events. got to train them while they are young. When I was raising my kids, I was to busy working putting food on the table to worry about the news myself lol. Sadly, wisdon usually comes with age (its called hindsight),by then it is much to late
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Nittygritty, I'm still inclined to believe that since the news is so slanted and it is likely to slant our kids thought processes to make us look like a bunch of horrible people who won't let those poor little illegal aliens have our country, the best place for kids is as far away from the news as possible.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast