Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Think about this: how many times has your knight in dented armor come through at the last moment, when you had given up hope and felt like you were on your own? Mine has done so plenty of times and when he fights, he fights harder than I do and with more purpose.[/quote][/quote]

Thanks Junius, I have asked him if there was a rally would he go? He said only if there was alot of people. because he doesn't want to stand on a corner with three people risking getting attacked and looking stupid. I think that is what alot of people are thinking because they see on the "news" counter protest with only a few people and the illegals in their face. People are scared and it shows.

My husband is angry but for some reason he has it in his pea brain that because he is a firefighter that he must remain netural and not be vocal on his position. Maybe he has to do that at work but in his free time he should be able to do whatever he wants right?. Who cares if someone sees him on the corner with a sign? He thinks there would be some kind of retribution. Which in the world we live in there probably would be. He was even questioned at work because of the role I played in a counter protest that turned ugly.

You should see some of these firefighter/police entrance exams. They ask "personality questions" to make sure you are a follower and don't think for yourself and especially never question authority. It is really scary.

I will never forget a comment my son made to me when I was watching coverage non-stop whenever I was home after 9/11. He asked why I was watching all that news about it, which I thought was a stupid comment. I explained to him exactly what went on with that and all the lives that were lost and the real threat to this country by terrorists. He got it and has never questioned me again when we discuss any issues which I think are important to ourselves and our country. He respects my judgement and will ask me to explain it to him if need be. That is educating your children which is what alot of parents in this country do not take the time to do.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My husband is angry but for some reason he has it in his pea brain that because he is a firefighter that he must remain netural and not be vocal on his position. Maybe he has to do that at work but in his free time he should be able to do whatever he wants right?.
    againstillegals, that job issue is a valid concern, I believe.

I guess a lot of the illegals don't have jobs that can't be replaced with another job in a day or two so they can march around and not worry about who sees them. I know that many of them around here don't have jobs to protect.

Responsible people do have to be more careful. The liklihood that people in responsible jobs would get fired for participating is a real possibility-- in some cases, such as a police officer, a real probability. That sense of responsibility is the main reason my husband won't get out there unless it comes to a point where he feels he has no other choice.

I have talked him into going to a few "events" with me. I couldn't talk him into going to Crawford, unfortunately. Since the news hasn't given the people who are against illegal immigration much air time, our pictures would only be recognized by people who really know us very well and could tell us at a glance. If we were interviewed, or if there was enough trouble to make the news (and the potential is there) it would be a whole different story. I really can't criticize my husband for looking at the big picture and acting according to his sense of responsibility.

I really don't care about my job because the only reason I do my job is so some illegal can't get it. But if I had a long career investment, pension, and other considerations, I'd be very careful what I did in public as well. I have had jobs in years gone by that it could have presented a real problem to be seen at any sort of protest.

"Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" sounds good but it doesn't actually exist any more than "freedom of speech" does. In the end, we are all slaves to the necessities in life like a roof over our heads and food on the table. I just can't find it in my heart to knock people who go about their everyday lives responsibly any more than I can knock the people who get out there and peaceably demonstrate against our opposition.

Do I worry about the few NON-peacable people who can ruin our cause in the blink of an eye? You bet I do!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    It all starts at home is my motto. Involved parents are the best role models.
    So true bearpaw. Gone are the days when mothers stayed home and fathers were the main breadwinners. Parents were more involved with their childrens education and other activities. Sometimes both parents work one or more jobs, just to keep up with mortgage payments and other bills. They are relying on babysitters to watch, entertain, and teach social skills to their children. Sometimes, parents even have to resort to allowing their children at a very young age, to become latch-key kids.
    Kids need involvement, routines, and scheduled activities, but unfortunately sometimes they dont get it.
    When I was growing up, my mother who was a stay-at-home mom, but also a RN, told me she thought the Womens' Lib Movement was some kind of communist plot, to destroy the American family. I believe there was some truth to it all. One of the reasons why you dont see a family with more than 1 or 2 children, is because people just cant afford it. That is why 'white' people are getting more and more scarce of any other population in the world. We are a proud race, and do not want to impose or rely on the generousity of other tax payers or our governments for handouts. This doesnt seem to be the feelings of all the illegal aliens who keep having all their ANCHOR BABIES.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234