Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I have to ask!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

William,

I don't think anyone really answered your original question regarding the legality of a Student on visa to purchase a gun. It was pointed out several times on NBC and ABC that was legal, during the period the Visa specifies. Upon looking closer, I don't think you going to like the reason why? From what I can see so far, much of the language that concerns any type of visa was inserted into the federal law from the last time immigration was an issue back in the 80's. It is hard to trace, but a correlation or connection can be made.

That being said, I am not a supporter of that language. I would be for supporting a change to that policy and here is why...I believe that those who are bonafide citizens of the USA should have the right to own, and if necessary, protect their property and life with a firearm. Just look at the issue in the District of Columbia. They had a handgun ban in place for years, how many deaths have occurred prior to the overturned ban? Well, if I counted, at least one a day (some days several). Why not give the right back to the people, allow them to at least make an attempt to help safeguard theirs or others lives. Maybe that is what it will take to curb the violence our Nations Capitol currently experiences.

See ya Sunday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by novaman
    William,

I don't think anyone really answered your original question regarding the legality of a Student on visa to purchase a gun. It was pointed out several times on NBC and ABC that was legal, during the period the Visa specifies. Upon looking closer, I don't think you going to like the reason why? From what I can see so far, much of the language that concerns any type of visa was inserted into the federal law from the last time immigration was an issue back in the 80's. It is hard to trace, but a correlation or connection can be made.

That being said, I am not a supporter of that language. I would be for supporting a change to that policy and here is why...I believe that those who are bonafide citizens of the USA should have the right to own, and if necessary, protect their property and life with a firearm. Just look at the issue in the District of Columbia. They had a handgun ban in place for years, how many deaths have occurred prior to the overturned ban? Well, if I counted, at least one a day (some days several). Why not give the right back to the people, allow them to at least make an attempt to help safeguard theirs or others lives. Maybe that is what it will take to curb the violence our Nations Capitol currently experiences.

See ya Sunday!!!
    isn't part of the background check (that the gunshop did do) to verify that they are not selling a fire arm to a criminally insane person?
    Wasn't this guy hospitalized and deemed a threat to himself and others?

Well, Cho Seung Hui [the killer] was in fact a legal permanent resident. What bothers me is that the school itself was so inefficient in preventing the second set of killings in Norris Hall. Don't tell me no one noticed the kids jumping out of the windows once the shots went out? That's like saying Bank of America has no reason to think that people signing up with their credits speaking no English and lacking a Social Security number aren't legal .

The kid was a bona fide monster all right....and guns don't kill people, monsters like that do.

iamtired23,,Welcome to ALIPAC,
    ------------------------

Dagmar, I asked the same question...as the so called "news reports" continued, it seemed that no one had officially documented anything! I blame the people in contact with him at that point. If the English teacher for example pulled him from class because of his morbid writings, why wasn't an official report filed? I think because some of those in contact with him were either afraid or ...dare I say...Lazy?!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345