Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Xianleather, consider boycotting the products that are advertised on the commercials of the media outlets that offend you. The media is driven by their sponsors and the sponsors are in turn driven by your wallet.

We became tired of this kind of thing and finally cancelled our cable co. We now use an antenna for our reception and spend the money we save for the purchase of DVD movies. We still get a number of good shows with a cheap antenna BTW.

Gads, really, I hardly see that at all, being for illegals, especially E.D. she just about jumps off her seat she gets so upset about illegals. I have it on from 6 to 9 and I really haven't gotten a sense of them being "for" illegal immigration. CNN will almost bash Bush no matter what, did it during the campaigns. I do watch it occasionally but I see just as much pro and con on that channel as I do on Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by VOATNOW1
    Xianleather, consider boycotting the products that are advertised on the commercials of the media outlets that offend you. The media is driven by their sponsors and the sponsors are in turn driven by your wallet.

We became tired of this kind of thing and finally cancelled our cable co. We now use an antenna for our reception and spend the money we save for the purchase of DVD movies. We still get a number of good shows with a cheap antenna BTW.
    Oh i have, our boycott list grows day by day, as a matter of fact I just saw in small local paper that local growers are starting up their seasonal "Farmers Markets" around Long Island, so we will be buying all of our produce from them, dole and the rest have seen my last dollar. I'll post up times and locations in a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xianleather
    Quote Originally Posted by VOATNOW1

Oh i have, our boycott list grows day by day, as a matter of fact I just saw in small local paper that local growers are starting up their seasonal "Farmers Markets" around Long Island, so we will be buying all of our produce from them, dole and the rest have seen my last dollar. I'll post up times and locations in a little bit.
    Farmer's markets are great.

I buy some stuff at the one they hold in Union Square occasionally.

Rod Dreher explored this issue-and how it dovetailed with living a conservative, patriotic lifestyle-in his book Cruncy Cons.

Ever since he left the New York Post that paper has been a rag.

Its gradual, but inexorable, downfall began with the abrupt dismissal of Scott McConnell-can't have any non-open borders type on the masthead of a major editorial page, now can we-then got progressively worse after the great Eric Breindel passed away from cancer, Don Feder retired-Ray Kerrison left, they subsequently discontinued his column-and they dropped Hilton Kramer from their op-ed page.

Now the only reason to buy a copy is if you're interested in prurient celebrity gossip.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Friends on fox, are real good about giving info on the cons of illegals...
    E.D. is as upset as we are.
    Moosetracks- Fox & Friends are good about giving info. And E.D. really speaks her mind. But she can get away with it because she pals around with alot of representatives. I forget their names, but her and her husband take fishing trips with these guys.
    But the rest of them BOW DOWN to the Bush people. Why do you think they pick Fox News to do all their "exclusive" appearances Funny, isnt it?! And then they nab Tony Snow. Hmmmm.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Fox News has given some good coverage on illegal immigration, but overall they're not a reliable source for information. Watch the movie Outfoxed.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Friends on fox, are real good about giving info on the cons of illegals...
    E.D. is as upset as we are.
    Moosetracks- Fox & Friends are good about giving info. And E.D. really speaks her mind. But she can get away with it because she pals around with alot of representatives. I forget their names, but her and her husband take fishing trips with these guys.
    But the rest of them BOW DOWN to the Bush people. Why do you think they pick Fox News to do all their "exclusive" appearances Funny, isnt it?! And then they nab Tony Snow. Hmmmm.
    Tony Snow worked for Bush's father, so him becoming Bush fils' press flack isn't all that surprising. I would love for one of the reporters at his next press briefing to ask him about his extensive involvement with Free Republic, and why his account was deleted. Knowing the vapid, dry-blown, self-absorbed liberal airheads that populate the D.C. press corps my hope is probably in vain.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

You can say what you want, thank God that is what freedom in America is all about. As for me, Fox news is the one station who kept harping about illegal immigration until I begin to get my eyes open as to how bad the problem really was. yes, O'reilly is a bag of wind at times, but he and Hannity were the first ones I heard talk about the problem of illegal immigration. I first saw and heard of the minutemen from Bill and Sean, they have constantly harped about this for 2 years until everyone knows the problem now. Hannity is a decent guy and usually will go toe to toe with anyone about illegal immigration, been to the border lots of times with Chris and Jim. Bill O'reilly, will always have my undying gratitude for the part he has played, almost single handly going after states to pass jessic's law for stiffer penalties for sexual deviates preying on our kids and grandkids and also going after the liberal media and judges for being easy on them, so the man has earned my respect if for nothing else then for looking out for the kids, no one really cared about them before him rape a kid and get a slap on the hands or 3 yrs what a laugh. Yes, I will admit they are probably more conservative then the rest of the liberal media but give me a break here, you have to admit the rest are far left media at least they tr y to give 2 sides of the story. I havent noticed they are more pro illegal then anti illegal and I watch them probably 7 to 8 hours a day for the last 2 yrs since retirement. the only one om cnn to really be right of the issue on illegal immigration is our Lou Dobbs,. the rest are blatently liberal and mostly on the left. If you don't watch you can paint yourself into a corner and be isolated until you find out you are very much alone, surely you can't be saying that you take for truth every thing you read on the net can you? I will listen to a little of all and sift out what I feel is not the truth or does not hold with my convictions, however, I simply can't throw out the baby with the bath water. That's my story and I am sticking to it .
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Banned
    Nittygritty, I agree that Fox appears well right of center only because the mainstream is so far left. At least Fox has not been caught falsifying documents on a modern computer and trying to pass them off as Vietnam era typewritten government docs, or putting squibs in gasoline tanks to "dramatize" a collision-induced explosion without bothering to mention that it's a dramatization. And guys like Brit Hume are probably as close to having journalistic integrity as any major television news personnel are likely to have. All the same, I've been relying more and more on true independent news sources. There was once a day when that meant your local newspaper, but they're all owned by one conglomerate or another and all their national and international news stories, along with about half of the local ones, are not written by their own reporters but rather drawn from the same AP pool everyone else uses. At least there used to also be UPI, but now it's either AP or some foreign-controlled news agency like AFP.

He who controls the flow of information...

re: TONY SNOW
    Heard him doing an interview on the radio tonight...Hannity I think.

He sounded like a tape recorder straight out of the GOP.
    Made a fool of himself, actually.

That * Was * That......he's off my radar screen now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast