Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Tiny, that was great!
    But I need to ask, You said you had Lou in the corner. He had an answer for all of your questions and both of you made sense in everything you said.

Lou is like us.. he can only do so much. I don't think it would be fair to expect any more.

I got a laugh out of this Leonard guy who was a Obama fan
    I believe I said I put Lou on the spot. Same thing as a corner, though, I guess. I just thought I could get him to clarify his position a little more. I did, however, get him to agree that we need to enforce our immigration laws.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Seems to me that Lou could give a simple answer to the question of deportation of xx million IA's. Remove the magnet that draws people here...jobs. Enforce the law, punish employers who hire illegals, and they will self deport. Am I oversimplifying this? As an example, I am searching for a roofing contractor and I asked the company manager.."Are your work crews legal?" His answer was very straightforward. "No, it's too much of a risk and I don't want to lose my business." Seems like a simple answer to me.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Just listened to it. Good job Tinybob asking very clear and specific questions.

While I appreciate Lou's belief that we must secure the border etc., I'm still leery when he talks about "reform packages" after the borders and ports are secured. Note while he admits it's "absolutely critical" that we enforce current law, he states that after the borders are secured and we have "control of immigration in this country...then we have to make public policy decisions but it's a fools errand to discuss what these reform policies should be until that happens..."

I wish he would clarify what he specifically believes these "reform policies" should be (e.g. does this mean "pay a small fine" pathway amnesty??), and does he believe in attrition through enforcement as the way to primarily deal with the majority of illegal immigrants currently in the country.
    Thanks, Populist. I agree, and I still have the same questions. Maybe some of you can call in to his radio show and take a stab at it and possibly get a little more out of him. Although he agreed that we should enforce our laws, he didn't say when.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Seems to me that Lou could give a simple answer to the question of deportation of xx million IA's. Remove the magnet that draws people here...jobs. Enforce the law, punish employers who hire illegals, and they will self deport. Am I oversimplifying this? As an example, I am searching for a roofing contractor and I asked the company manager.."Are your work crews legal?" His answer was very straightforward. "No, it's too much of a risk and I don't want to lose my business." Seems like a simple answer to me.
    I think some people in the media just seem to miss the most obvious solutions to a problem. What bothers me is that while we spend years debating this issue, it continually gets worse by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Tiny, that was great!
    But I need to ask, You said you had Lou in the corner. He had an answer for all of your questions and both of you made sense in everything you said.

Lou is like us.. he can only do so much. I don't think it would be fair to expect any more.

I believe I said I put Lou on the spot. Same thing as a corner, though, I guess. I just thought I could get him to clarify his position a little more. I did, however, get him to agree that we need to enforce our immigration laws.
    I think you answer my question before i even posted
    ------------------------

Tiny, that was great!

I think you answer my quetion befoer i even posted
    I'm good at that, huh?

While I appreciate Lou's belief that we must secure the border etc.,
    I'm still leery when he talks about "reform packages" after the borders
    and ports are secured. Note while he admits it's "absolutely critical" that we enforce current law, he states that after the borders are secured and we have "control of immigration in this country...then we have to make public policy decisions but it's a fools errand to discuss what these reform policies should be until that happens..."

I wish he would clarify what he specifically believes these "reform policies" should be (e.g. does this mean "pay a small fine" pathway amnesty??), and does he believe in attrition through enforcement as the way to primarily deal with the majority of illegal immigrants currently in the country.
    Lou said, more than once that "it makes no sense to even talk about the packages."
    ------------------------

While I appreciate Lou's belief that we must secure the border etc.,
    I'm still leery when he talks about "reform packages" after the borders
    and ports are secured. Note while he admits it's "absolutely critical" that we enforce current law, he states that after the borders are secured and we have "control of immigration in this country...then we have to make public policy decisions but it's a fools errand to discuss what these reform policies should be until that happens..."

Lou said, more than once that "it makes no sense to even talk about the packages."
    I'd really like to know what in those "packages."

Tiny, that was great!

I think you answer my quetion befoer i even posted
    I'm good at that, huh?
    No argument about that
    ------------------------

Lou never has said what should happen to all of the illegal immigrants already in the U.S. I feel that he tries to keep the issue on our laws and not the race. I really think he is torn over this issue. Remember his wife is Mexican. He has stated that he has worked along side of legal and illegal immigrants.

I have heard him say that we should help Mexico in their fight with the Drug Cartel's. Today on his show I heard him say that he was for NAFTA.

I think at the same time he is against illegal immigration, he would like Mexico to solve it's problems and both countries live in harmony.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast