Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    I understand your frustration! Sometimes wonder if we're fighting a losing battle. If we lose hope, then we've lost everything. Take a break and come back re-charged and ready to roll.
    Good. That means your brain in sync with your heart. You call it frustration, I call it a CALL TO ARMS. This is where it is at, you dig?
    I know it all sounds like talk and no action at times. That is because the American people are just now waking up. You just came on board. Everyone finds this board out of deep FRUSTRATION. Otherwise you would not have been looking in the first place. Just know that we have a true Southern Gentleman as our PRESIDENT who has the grace of a symphony man and the heart of a fighter. Hang in there and welcome to the most frustrating issue of the 21st century.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Re: I must leave...?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSmith
    I sent William a picture of the house in Aurora, Colorado where the Mexicans have to fly the Mexican flag instead of Old Glory and I asked him to post it since I am not sure how? Be sure to see the car in the driveway that has no license plates or even temporary bill of sale sticker?
    (I need to go over there and see if they got tags yet cause if they do not I can probably call the police?)
    !
    why is it that Mexican's that are "illegal aliens" can fly a Mexican flag and southerner's can't fly the Confederate Flag? the "American" Civil Liberties Union would on it like white on rice -- but according to the ACLU, "illegal aliens" have "equal protection" under the law that isn't theirs
    Could it be because we are WHITE PEOPLE. I mean, does anybody see us? We are on a website, but how do people really classify us? We could be from several different races, but people wouldnt recognize that, because we are in unison with ONE PROBLEM. And that is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, PERIOD!
    Don't you mean non-hispanic white? I'm starting to hear that phrase used more often to describe whites.
    WE are not white people. Don't play into that bovine dripping. I am non-hispanic BLACK. Any other black people on this board? HELLO.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Re: I must leave...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixx
    WE are not white people. Don't play into that bovine dripping. I am non-hispanic BLACK. Any other black people on this board? HELLO.
    I was wondering if there were also "non-hispanic BLACK's" -- we're ALL LEGAL CITIZENS of the states and we cannot let these race-baiters divide us
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Jack, your a good man and a patriot. Take some time to de-compress. I was the President of a small Truck Drivers Union. We were all of 30 people against a company that was in a dozen states at the time, they even had their own law firm. Out of 30 guys we had $200,000+ in uncompensated hours (provable) in just 2 years (the most you can go back by law). The Labor Department refused to get involved. We scrapped toghther the money and sued. Our first Lawyer quit, the company went on a smear campaign against me, actually sending out letters to all the employees calling me every name in the book. They likened me to Don Quixote chasing windmills with a horse and a lance, and that I would never get anywhere. The fight started in 1996 and finally ended with them waving the white flag and surrendering in 2000 and gave us all that was owed plus expenses. During those four years the pressure, anger and frustration seemed unbearable at times. I endured threatening phone calls in the middle of the night, slashed tires, smashed windshields, the worst trucks in their fleet and every newbie guy that came along as a partner. I had to learn to decompress, so once a week I would go fishing with a friend and force it all from my mind. I always felt refreshed when it was back to business. I was the Union Prez, but I was a driver too. We were relentless in a fight that seemed un-winable. Ole Don Quixote made a charge on that white horse and parked that lance square in their butts. Below is a poem I use to hang on the outside of my locker door. Every day I would put a copy up and every day the branch manager would tear it down. Read and enjoy!

Don't Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit-
    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a fellow turns about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out.
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
    You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
    It seems to a tired and faltering man;
    Often the struggler has given up
    Whe he might have captured the victor's cup;
    And he learned too late when the night came down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -
    The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It might be near when it seems afar;
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Defens,

you are right -- the race doesn't go to the swift or the strong, but to those that patiently endure

I'm still waiting to win that race!!!
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234