Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I was just a little suprised to see that only one restraunt used Everify at all. I hope that there is more and maybe they didn't get included in that list. and we have a bunch of restraunts around here not just drive through joints

I saw restaraunt companies who own various restaraunts on the list for Florida. Unless you know which specific restaraunts they own then it is useless.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick
    you can go to this site, type in your state (or city & state) and see which companies use e-verify.

http://www.smartbusinesspractices.com/pilot/

good to check out if considering using a certain business.
    Great link! I'm going to hate losing this one.

No restaurants in my area but it is good to see we have some honest businesses using the system.

Gonna bookmark this. Was glad to see Frito-Lay, American Red Cross of the Carolinas, Staples, and Coca-Cola as well as the county use E-Verify. Every food and beverage reference name was some company I had never heard of, which could mean they own franchises or the single restaurant.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick
    you can go to this site, type in your state (or city & state) and see which companies use e-verify.

http://www.smartbusinesspractices.com/pilot/

good to check out if considering using a certain business.
    Funny, but e-verify is supposed to be mandatory in AZ, yet there are no mcdonalds, burger kings, wendy's, arby's, listed as participating (no hires in last 2 years?), and I checked a few help wanted ads on Craigslist (Tucson) and the following places in hospitality are hiring, yet not listed as participatig: Caffe Nation, Blue Willow, Michelangelo, Jerry Bob's, Laff's Comedy Cafe. Shouldn't every business that hires anyone be using E-verify by now? Who can this be reported to? Doesn't even McDonald's need to comply, even though I saw a statement they issued saying they don't "discriminate"?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123