Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    W wrote:

If you want to stop fighting if they pass S 2611 then go right ahead. I will not stop fighting and I will not recognize these amnestied illegal aliens as citizens.
    What????? Are you crazy . I either wasn't clear or you certainly misunderstood me! I'm with you 100%, I DO NOT WANT THEM TO BECOME LEGAL IN ANY SHAPE, FORM, OR MATTER - nada, zip, zero, none, etc. I was just making it clear that even though they would not become instant citizens should S. 2611 be approved, they would instantly be out of reach of ICE and non-deportable due to their new status. That is unless they commit a deportable crime before they achieve official legal status as citizens. I was not disputing your post, but adding to it. Geez, does the words "not until they prey the steel from my dead cold hands" mean anything to you?

I'm in this sucker for the long term!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    dxd wrote:

So if you vote for any Republican senator you are virtually voting to keep Spectre chairman.
    You failed to mention that the alternative of voting Democrat would be worse though.

I rather see Sen. Specter (R-PA) remain chairman of the senate judiciary then lose the Senate to a Democrat majority (and I hate Specter). The path isn't always clearly defined, but voting to lose the Senate or House to a Democrat majority would be the same as tightening the noose around our own neck in regards to our illegal immigration battle.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

dxd, I don't want to argue with you , but the only thing i would like is if we don't vote Republican , show me how to vote, I live in Florida, the incumbent senator has grade FDemocrat Bill nelson, my electoral section is the 20th, Debbie Wasserman S., democrat, grade F,no chalenger, the democrats for Governor are all pro illegals. SO.......JUST GIVE ME ONE EXAMPLE WHO AM I GOING TO CHOOSE

dxd
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    dxd wrote:

So if you vote for any Republican senator you are virtually voting to keep Spectre chairman.
    You failed to mention that the alternative of voting Democrat would be worse though.

I rather see Sen. Specter (R-PA) remain chairman of the senate judiciary then lose the Senate to a Democrat majority (and I hate Specter). The path isn't always clearly defined, but voting to lose the Senate or House to a Democrat majority would be the same as tightening the noose around our own neck in regards to our illegal immigration battle.
    I disagree. I would not like to see D have the prez and congress but that is not the issue here. Have you modeled these scenrios?

R Prez with D senate and D house
    R prez with D senate and R house
    R prez with R senate and D house

Of course the results of such models are just educated guesses but if D takes 1 or both houses of congress the possibility of any amnesty is not as high as most people think and may actually be less than if R keeps both houses.

Thanks MW. I appreciate the clarification.

Imagine the looks on their faces if they pass this, there is a massive backlash and we start telling the illegals to sign up so we can deport them easier within a few years.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    dxd wrote:

I disagree. I would not like to see D have the prez and congress but that is not the issue here. Have you modeled these scenrios?

R Prez with D senate and D house
    R prez with D senate and R house
    R prez with R senate and D house

Of course the results of such models are just educated guesses but if D takes 1 or both houses of congress the possibility of any amnesty is not as high as most people think and may actually be less than if R keeps both houses.
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this. Look, I'd vote on a Democrat in a heartbeat if I thought he/she would secure the border, repeal the anchor baby law, increase penalties against employers for hiring illegals, and advocate strict enforcement of our immigration laws, but unfortunately there aren't many Democrats that fit that bill. I will vote the issue, not the party. For example my Senator's, Sen. Dole (R-NC) and Sen. Burr (R-NC) voted against S. 2611. Rep. Price (D-NC) on the other hand voted against the HR 4437, so tell me who I'm supposed to vote for? Guess what, if my Senators were up for reelection - I'd be voting for them. As for Rep. Price, I will vote against him in November. Sorry, there are no Democrats that will help the illegal immigrant issue that I can vote for.

Banned
    I'd vote on a Democrat in a heartbeat if I thought he/she would secure the border, repeal the anchor baby law.....

This issue of anchor babies is obviously one of the roots of the current problem.....e.g., the Elvira scenario. What are the chances that this will ever be undone? This is not a component of either bill, though I think JD Hayworth has a bill in the House. Will this need to go to the supreme court to be changed? If we end up with some kind of "temporary" guest worker program, the babies of guest workers would still be citizens and I fear we will never get this situation under control.

COTO,

Please do not derail a good conversation by crossing the line.

W
    Point well taken, and I zapped what I posted, content was redundant anyway. Thanks for enlightening me.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

MW
    Kate wrote:

This issue of anchor babies is obviously one of the roots of the current problem.....e.g., the Elvira scenario. What are the chances that this will ever be undone? This is not a component of either bill, though I think JD Hayworth has a bill in the House. Will this need to go to the supreme court to be changed? If we end up with some kind of "temporary" guest worker program, the babies of guest workers would still be citizens and I fear we will never get this situation under control.
    There are currently three bills sitting in a House subcomittee that would end the process of granting automatic citizenship to children born to illegal immigrants:

Rep. Nathan Deal (R-GA), H.R. 698, 87 co-sponsors
    Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO), H.R. 3700. 1 co-sponsor
    Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ), H.R. 3938, 34 co-sponsors

There is one bill sitting in a Senate subcommittee:

Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK), S. 2117, no co-sponsors

Anyone of these bills would do away with "anchor babies."

Note to dxd: Each of the bills designed to eliminate "anchor babies" were written by a Republican. Where's the love from the Democrats?

Thanks everyone for the good info.
    W, I will never stop fighting as well.
    I've often thought of what backlash may occur throughout the nation of S. 2611 passes.
    It scares me to death to think of the ramifications if this bill does pass.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast