Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HEADS UP

just saw a spot on CNN Headline News,
    glenn beck is going to talk about this tomorrow (wed) night

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    HEADS UP

just saw a spot on CNN Headline News,
    glenn beck is going to talk about this tomorrow (wed) night
    Thanks for the info! I'm glad this is getting exposure.

I know I'm a little off topic but does anyone realize that Columbus Day is next week? Remember how the East Los Angeles College and the SPLC butchered that holiday?

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... umbus+splc

If this crap doesn't stop soon we won't be able to celebrate any American holiday without someone telling us we are wrong or trying to make us feel guilty.

Final decisions on which of the festivities will be axed will fall to the principals at each of Ridgeland School District 122's five schools, Supt. Tom Smyth said.
    This jerk should not only have his head examined, but he should be fired. I wonder what his wife and kids are saying about his support of this, that is unless he doesn't have a wife or any kids. Only an athiest would support this satanic jesture of getting rid of the celebration of Christmas. What a fool!

If you take away Santa from the kids, you will surely hear about it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Final decisions on which of the festivities will be axed will fall to the principals at each of Ridgeland School District 122's five schools, Supt. Tom Smyth said.
    This jerk should not only have his head examined, but he should be fired. I wonder what his wife and kids are saying about his support of this, that is unless he doesn't have a wife or any kids. Only an athiest would support this satanic jesture of getting rid of the celebration of Christmas. What a fool!
    Rockfish...this isn't necessarily true. I'm an atheist, and I really wish you wouldn't use "satanic" and "atheist" in the same sentence. Atheists are not satanists. Atheists have no more of a belief in Satan than they do in God.

Anyway, my point is that while some atheists take offense to Christmas, many of us do not. I happen to love Christmas. Now, of course, it really has no religious meaning to me, but I would NEVER dream of depriving those who do find religious meaning in Christmas of their right to celebrate what they believe is the birth of Christ.

Just wanted to lay that out there.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    This is nuts. I'm offended quite often, but that doesn't mean that I go around telling people to change things. So what if I'm offended? I'm a lesbian - I'm offended - I just don't let it bother me if I see/hear things. Who cares? You gotta have thick skin in this world.

I am SO sick of people being "offended". WHO CARES? We're ALL offended by something - no one should be able to change anything because of it. Geez - get a life.

Boy, am I glad I'm pushing 60 and I can remember the old days when we all spoke English in school, and anyone from anywhere else had to learn OUR ways. You're in this country, buster, and we're mostly Christian, so you'd better get used to it - that was the old way.
    I had to laugh at your post,just the other day I was speaking to someone saying "Remember the good old days when you had the freedom to say what you really thought.You didn't have to be afraid of someone freaking out."
    Now that I think about how things are I realize how sad and scary it is that things are like this now.

Rawhide!

"Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    This is nuts. I'm offended quite often, but that doesn't mean that I go around telling people to change things. So what if I'm offended? I'm a lesbian - I'm offended - I just don't let it bother me if I see/hear things. Who cares? You gotta have thick skin in this world.

I am SO sick of people being "offended". WHO CARES? We're ALL offended by something - no one should be able to change anything because of it. Geez - get a life.

Boy, am I glad I'm pushing 60 and I can remember the old days when we all spoke English in school, and anyone from anywhere else had to learn OUR ways. You're in this country, buster, and we're mostly Christian, so you'd better get used to it - that was the old way.
    I had to laugh at your post,just the other day I was speaking to someone saying "Remember the good old days when you had the freedom to say what you really thought.You didn't have to be afraid of someone freaking out."
    Now that I think about how things are now I realize how sad and scary it is that things are like this now.

Rawhide!
    Hear, hear!!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Rockfish...this isn't necessarily true. I'm an atheist, and I really wish you wouldn't use "satanic" and "atheist" in the same sentence. Atheists are not satanists. Atheists have no more of a belief in Satan than they do in God.

Anyway, my point is that while some atheists take offense to Christmas, many of us do not. I happen to love Christmas. Now, of course, it really has no religious meaning to me, but I would NEVER dream of depriving those who do find religious meaning in Christmas of their right to celebrate what they believe is the birth of Christ.

Just wanted to lay that out there.
    I can respect that, americangirl, sorry to have offended you. To me, Christmas time is a time for giving. That's what Jesus Christ wanted us to do with our lives..to give and love. To celebrate Christmas by giving, people who don't believe are actually participating in the Lord's will. The Lord is spirit. Again, sorry for the offensiveness.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rockfish...no offense taken.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456