Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

From what I understand the father had two wives living in the same house. O'Reilly had that on when it first happened.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    Can't we the citizens just sue Mexico for pain, suffering and damages bestowed upon us by their "discards." I'm so sick of them exporting their problems. WAKE UP!!!!
    that's an idea. The landlords get what they deserve on this. Might put the fear in other landlords, if they don't want to pay huge legal fees and court decisions. If I read that, my properties would be cleared and I mean NOW.
    The landlords are screwed either way. If they refuse to rent to illegals, they get sued for "race" discrimination. If they rent to illegals that shove 20 people into one apartment and something like this happens.... you get the picture.

The only way landlords can protect themselves would be put the names of everyone living in the apartment on the lease. Yes, even the children's names. This way, if the aliens "invite" others to live with them, it won't penalize the landlord.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

From what I understand the father had two wives living in the same house. O'Reilly had that on when it first happened.

Then he should have been jailed for bigemy !

I doubt that that is the same story. There is no mention of any men present in either story. It sounds like 2 single mothers who had about 10-12 kids between the two of them.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

The death of children is always so incredibly sad. However, I fail to comprehend the difference between this tragedy and the tragedies of countless legal citizens who have lost children in fires. Why should illegal aliens receive a settlement, when legal citizens under identical circumstances would receive nothing but condolences?

They caused the fire, and are therefore liable. This settlement is a travesty that rewards stupidity and negligence, and sets a dangerous precedence.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    Can't we the citizens just sue Mexico for pain, suffering and damages bestowed upon us by their "discards." I'm so sick of them exporting their problems. WAKE UP!!!!
    that's an idea. The landlords get what they deserve on this. Might put the fear in other landlords, if they don't want to pay huge legal fees and court decisions. If I read that, my properties would be cleared and I mean NOW.
    The landlords are screwed either way. If they refuse to rent to illegals, they get sued for "race" discrimination. If they rent to illegals that shove 20 people into one apartment and something like this happens.... you get the picture.

The only way landlords can protect themselves would be put the names of everyone living in the apartment on the lease. Yes, even the children's names. This way, if the aliens "invite" others to live with them, it won't penalize the landlord.
    That's exactly what we do in CA. All the names and the pet's name and type with a section that says no other tenants will be allowed to live in the premises other than those named. That's how we got neighbors evicted from the house next to ours. They were real problems. We let the owners know and they thought we were just being nosy until they went into the house. WHAT A MESS, plus they hadn't paid the rent other than when they first same in. Promises, promises but once they saw the house after only three months and found another guy living there, it was all over.

The family used candles to light the apartment, and one touched off the blaze, officials ruled.

Gee!! 6 Mil? Now they can afford to buy scented candles!

This stinks, - I wish sanctuary Chicago (and all it’s influencing) would stop bending over backwards for this illegal trash.
    No one else would get this type of settlement. And this fast!

I feel sorry for the loss of life, but they did do it to themselves.
    If my stupidity killed my kids, should I get 6 million?
    NO!! I most likely would end up in jail for child endangerment.

This just proves that their 3rd would cesspool way of living just doesn’t belong here.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I had a rental home and I chose not to rent to quite a few families based on credit histories and mostly by reports of previous landlords. And I chose to rent to families who did not maybe have the best credit history but great references from previous landlords. I never failed to get it right. We have since sold the home but never, never had problem tenants. We attended a wedding of the daughter of one family, bought baby gifts to another, and loved the third (along with the neighbor who said he really was going to miss her and her children).

Bottom line, you do not have to rent to anyone without proper credit documentation and references. It is your property and you can't discriminate except for the color green - money.

I am glad for the 6 million dollar award, even though they did not deserve it. Wake up landlords and stop placing a monthly rent ahead of integrity. If you do - perhaps maybe you will never get insurance again. This is as good as seeing an employer do the perp walk as far as a deterrent.

The landlords got what they deserved for renting to illegals. That'll teach 'em to rent to people who cram 20-30 people in an apartment and burn candles for light.

I don't like to see illegal aliens come here and break our laws and behave stupidly (burning candles in a small apartment crammed with people); however, it's things like this that will WAKE LANDLORDS UP and perhaps make them more reluctant to rent to illegals.

I don't have any children myself, but I DO know that $6 million dollars could never replace one's children.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

It's probably not a good idea to rent to a non-English speaking mother who has 10 children on the tax payers dime. It's just common sense.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast