Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[xx

There are many aliens, like myself, who come to this country legally, but go out of status.
    This is a nice way of saying you are an illegal alien. The fact that you may have came here legally does not make you legal now.

but there are people who would benefit themselves and the coutnry if they were given legal status, many cases are extremely different yet they place immigrants in the same position. Some earn the right to be granted legal status, some don't. What I'm trying to say is that general rules sould be abolished, and instead more specific ones should be enacted, such as the DREAM Act.
    There are already too many laws and too many people making exceptions to something that should be pretty simple. The DREAM Act would be just another incentive for more illegal aliens to come into the country.

Your parents let your legal status expire. It should be up to them or you to fix the problem. Not the US government. The obvious fix is that you should return to your home country. Otherwise you will continue staying in the US and living a lie. Using fake documents to survive. Driving without a drivers license. It will catch up with you sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by nick18
    Well, I'm glad either of you would call me such thing becaus I WOULD NOT call you that either.
    Not by sneaking into the country. How many nations allow people to sneak across their borders? It is time to put an end to ILLEGL ALLIENS crossing into our country ILLEGALLY.
    There are many aliens, like myself, who come to this country legally, but go out of status. I didn't sneak accross any borders, I came here in a place through an ariport. And I am not saying the US should allowed everyone in the world who wishes to come here to do so, but there are people who would benefit themselves and the coutnry if they were given legal status, many cases are extremely different yet they place immigrants in the same position. Some earn the right to be granted legal status, some don't. What I'm trying to say is that general rules sould be abolished, and instead more specific ones should be enacted, such as the DREAM Act. Once again, have a nice day.
    If I forget to renew my Drivers License. Am I breaking the law.
    If I forget to pay taxes on April 15th. Am I breaking the law.
    Should I be held accountable, for either my ignorance or just simply that? I knowingly disregarded the Law. Yes, I should and so should a person that knowingly breaks the law of either letting there Visa's expire or came here Illegally. If me and My wife can obey the Immigration laws. I am sure that everyone else can too. It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to know a law is a law.
    As for you saying about kids, it's not there fault. True, but There is age of accountability. When all knows right from wrong. There is a time that, they the kids, should know in there hearts and in there minds. That there Illegal

As for the parents. Yes, they should be held and Deported. That is the biggest shame is the parents, that knowingly breaks the law. But the worst part is they knowingly, put the kid through it.

This is a bad example but you will know what I mean.

If two parents, commit fraud, a bank robbery or anything. Should they not be punished, simply because they have Kids. I don't think so. With logic like that, life for everyone is going to get a whole lot worst.

Websters definition of ALLEGIANCE

SYN.- ALLEGIANCE refers to the duty of a citizen to the government or a similarly felt obligation to support a cause or leader; FIDELITY implies strict adherence to an obligation or trust; LOYALTY suggests a steadfast devotion of an unquestioning kind that one may feel for one's family, friends, or country; FEALTY, now chiefly a literary word, suggests faithfulness that one has sworn to uphold; HOMAGE implies respect, or honor rendered to a person because of rank

With this I say,

You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one.
    Scubayons 02/07/06
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Well said Scubayons.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Banned
    One question for you Nick. How can you pledge allegiance to the Republic if you don't respect it's laws. I'm sorry for your circumstance, but the fault for that lies at your parents feet.

Someday soon you wil get out of school and join the work force. At that time you'll be taking a job from A.) A citizen or B.) a LEGAL immigrant.

Frankly, neither of those options appeals to me.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Nick, hi, 18 huh? College, very optimistic about your future? Well, this is your pre-adult course in real life. Those illegals you are so promoting, if we do nothing about their ILLEGAL presences now, by the time you finish college, you will not have a job!! Those illegals will have bumped out yet another group of Americans into a field they are not qualified for and then the field you are qualified for will all be taken up.

And about that Native American statement, your barking up that tree. My mother is half and I am a proud American, period, I am not a hyphenated American. This is my country, this is everyones country. We cannot go back and do things differently, this country is what it is now and it is good the way it is, I live in it just like you and anyone else. There are many more "full-blooded" people of Native American descent that love this country and are on this side of the argument. They too want the illegal issue resolved and the illegals out. Should we totally close our borders? No, what we want is a decent control of the flow of LEGAL immigrants into OUR country, not to overwhelm our resources, both man made and natural.

When you get bigger and are out there supporting a family of your own, and you can barely pay your overpriced slum rent (BECAUSE OWNING A HOUSE IS UNAFFORDABLE ON SLAVE WAGES) and electric bill, you will understand the reasons for our outrage as full grown, experienced adults.
    I have a daughter older than you and two kids younger than you, my husband served in Vietnam, we've been around the block a few times, we feel strongly because ILLEGAL ALIENS (they are not "poor immigrants" they are ILLEGAL!!) are depressing the wages of the average blue-collar American, they are also breaking our laws.

Now Nick, picture this: I live in a two-bedroom place with 6 people right now (this is true, my husband and I have converted a garage to sleep in), but you know, I see the nice neighborhoods here in Portland with some really big nice houses that sometimes only two people live in, well this is just not fair as we live in a crowded
    sub-standard place. So........I and my husband go to one of those nice big mansions on the west side (Thelma knows what I'm talking about) and take up residence in a home we thought looked good for us. Notwithstanding that it was already someone else's home, but, well, we are poor and our place was no longer big enough for us and was pretty run down, we needed a better "LIFE". Now by the law, what would happen if we just up and move into someone else's house because it's bigger and better without permission? IT'S CALLED BREAKING AND ENTERING AND IS HIGHLY PUNISHABLE BY LAW, WE'D GO TO JAIL!!

Nick, when the ILLEGAL ALIENS enter our country, our home, without our permission, it is no different. The law must be upheld. Since it is not right for me to do it, then it is not right for them to enter MY country illegally and expect tp get all the benefits of a citizen.

AND BY THE WAY NICK, THEY DO GET STATE BENEFITS AND FREE HEALTH CARE AND WIC (PROGRAM TO SUPPLEMENT WOMEN INFANTS AND CHILDREN). OREGON HAS A BUDGET SHORTFALL OF $172,000,000.00 AND THAT IS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES ALONE!! THEY ADMIT THAT THEY DO NOT THOROUGHLY CHECK DOCUMENTATION. THIS IS GOING ON ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.

AND FURTHER MORE, DON'T EVER PLAY THE RACE CARD, IT DOES NOT WORK, THERE ARE PEOPLE FROM ALL RACES IN THIS FORUM ALONE, WHITE, BLACK, ASIAN, INDIAN, BUT THE COMMON THREAD BETWEEN US ALL IS BEING AMERICANS, CITIZENS WANTING OUR LAWS UPHELD.

Nick go to college, get an BIG education, you are going to need it if you do not get pro-active about illegal immigration, as that education will be the only way you will be able to get hired on at Burger King or McDonalds, gee, maybe as a manager of all those illegals you so support.
    Then when your long day is done, you're tired, you smell like grease you have little to nothing to show for your hard work, you live in some crappy little apartment, and can barely scrape enough together to get a TV dinner to eat, you can thank your own inactivity about illegal immigration.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay, let this one be my last post here. I think I was more than educated stating my opinion and now that it was heard and critized, which was my purpose, I don't think there is nothing left for me to do here. To wrap it up let me post my story, just imagine it was you.
    So you are twelve and are in a really bad economic situation, you live in a 3rd world country, you are surrounded by poverty and no chances of growth, your parents love you, they don't want to see you living that life, the same life they had to live, so an oportunity to go to a better place with more oportunities shows up, of course they are going to take you. Yes, they would be breaking the rules after a while, but at least they would be able to provide you with a nice place to live and hot meals everyday, plus they give you a chance to a better education and even a new language, and what wouldn't any parent do for his/her child??? If you balance it up, your well-being is more important to them than the rules. So, they take you to that place, you are glad to see that your lives are improving, yet when you are a kid you don't experience discrimination, or are not subject to stop doing things other kids your age do. Then you enter your teenage years, you are in high school, and you see that you can't drive like your friends do, you can't get a part time job to have your own money like your friends do, you can open a bank account like your friends do, and then when high school is almost over, you can't even apply to college like your friends do. By this time, you've been there for long, you've fell in love with that place, with that lifstyle, with the goals you created during you teenage years, and all of that cannot be thrown away just because your parents wanted something better for you. If your parents kill someone, you don't have to go to jail. So that is the type of people the DREAM Act would help. Only them, people brought here when the were kids, who stayed out of trouble. And it would not promote future immigration because it would be a one time thing, only 180 days after enacted to be able to apply for benefits under this act. After this act is enacted, more laws should be enacted as well to PREVENT future immigration. Once again, not being so generic when granting visas and watching the borders more carfully, and whatever else they could do to stop FUTURE immigration. It was all a pleassure to share my opinions with all of you, also, I understand where you are comming from, exept many things you believe are just assumed and if you are not in our shoes you shouldn't judge. But then again, we all have different values and moral standards. I hope you can all open your hearts a little. I'm here for good, I love this land more than many Americans. Why not accept someone who is just like you, who thinks just like you and feels just like you to be part of your society? Have you seen the movie The Day After Tomorrow? If something like that ever happened, which I think that someday it will, do you think that Mexico would close it's borders on you? When you need them? And do you think that people from all over the world wouldn't accept you and shelter you? They would, it's the humanitarian thing to do. Thanks everyone for your time and have a great life.

Sincerely,

Nick.

Nick,

Same thing happens to poor families here in the US. The difference is that families work hard, work to make their local communities better, and encourage their children to work hard in school so they can have a better life.

Americans don't run to other countries seeking what they have and we work to make things better where we live. That is why America is a great nation.

Your family did not flee a war or famine.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Nick, again I want to say that I feel for you, and abhor the situation you've been put in through no fault of your own. In a perfect world, things would be a little different. But the truth is, I can't care so much for you right now, because I have kids of my own that need me.

I'm a single dad that grew up in the construction trade. Because of the illegals that 'take jobs Americans don't want', the construction trade has been turned into a minimun wage industry.

Not taken into account is the aditional costs that are incurred by the taxpayer for "entitlements" that are given to illegals; food stamps, heath care, and education, including scholarships that should be given to citizens.

Truthfully, the BEST way to solve this problem is to hold EMPLOYERS criminally accountable. If the minimum prison term is 2 years per illegal hired, then the fence will be unneccessay. Hell, even 3 months per would do the trick.

[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by nick18
    There are many aliens, like myself, who come to this country legally, but go out of status.
    there are people who would benefit themselves and the coutnry if they were given legal status, many cases are extremely different yet they place immigrants in the same position. Some earn the right to be granted legal status, some don't. What I'm trying to say is that general rules sould be abolished, and instead more specific ones should be enacted, such as the DREAM Act. Once again, have a nice day.
    Since you are out of status, how about getting in status by leaving the US. I am sure many here would volunteer to drive you to the airport. Then if you want to benefit the US, apply to enter legally, and wait you turn like most people in the world do.

The DREAM Act is a specific rule to reward Hispanic illegal aliens, while at the same time making Asian legal immigrants wait longer. That is the problem with specific rules, they are racist.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast