Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do we learn any lessons from history? Or do we just continue to spew our ignorance?
    by dproberts

What is ignorant about wanting illegals to go thru the same legal process as millions before them???!!! Immigration is a big part of our history, but most immigrants take the legal path to citizenship. There should not be ANY exceptions to the laws dealing with immigration. They are here illegally and therefore are criminals!!!!

My grandparents came thru Ellis Island and became US citizens legally, what gives those here illegally the right to bypass the legal process of becoming a citizen???

California or ground zero of the invasion

Re: That's right....

Quote Originally Posted by dproberts
    When the native americans had the chance....they should have run out all the "illegal immigrants" that invaded their land. Nobody needs those people coming over on boats (Mayflower) bringing their hypocritical ideas (Protestant Chritianity) and diseases (small pox, syphlis, etc).

The "New World" should have set up strict immigration laws before it got so full of scum from the other side of the pond.

But, that wasn't the case, was it? Those who were here graciously shared what they had (i.e. Thanksgiving) and allowed a mixture of cultures to continue devloping on their soil. Most were thanked by varying degrees of genocide by this new culture. Do we learn any lessons from history? Or do we just continue to spew our ignorance?

Well I have the chance and you're banned from Alipac.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Excuse me........SCUM? I'm offended. If we're such SCUM why do you so easily and illegially want to take what generations of SCUM worked for? I don't think there's any group of people who don't have some trecherous parts to their past while trying to develope their countries and have a life......so stow the SCUM business. I was born here, there's generations in my family who fought and died for this country and helped make it what it is TODAY and they didn't get a handout and they did it legally and I know they suffered some social injustices too.........so spare me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: That's right....

Quote Originally Posted by dproberts
    When the native americans had the chance....they should have run out all the "illegal immigrants" that invaded their land.

Perhaps if the native Americans had an immigration policy they would still be here today and in-charge.

Just because we say that this is a free country, it does not mean you can come here and get to live for free. The cost of illegal immigration is bankrupting many states. Have you considered that 1/3 of all state prisoners are illegal aliens? What about the cost of teaching their children? Why do you suppose that Hospital visits are so expensive? Could it be that illegals use Hospitals as their own private physicians?

And yes, I am a Hispanic. But, that does not mean that I approve of massive people coming across the border and breaking our laws. This is first a country of law and order every illegal alien is breaking the law.

Welcome, Tinasdad. I agree with you. I have often said a country is its borders, its laws and its people. When one violates the borders and hence the laws one forfeits their right to become one of its people. The lack of respect for our national sovereignty is a disgrace!!
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Tinasdad your comment on the prisoners reminded me of a National geographic special I saw recently on the Mexican and Central American gang MS13. These creeps make the Crips and Bloods look like character dancers at Disneyland. They are recruiting not just high schoolers but children. It's scary.

More Mad Words

bornbredhere Not from GA but I was born and live in a border state.

You know, the 1986 Amnesty was not appreciated by Mexicans. Now their children are running around in the street supporting more illegals. I see a 20 something yelling "my parents were illegals." That's gratitude for you. That's blatant disrespect for our country. Why did we give your parents amnesty so we could have all this greif now. What about that ugly Mexican flag too?

This has got to stop now!

I don't want to hear their sob stories about how easy it is to live off of America. The hardships in Mexico are no harder than other countries. That's no excuse to steal a piece of the pie. Also, not a single one of our "European Ancestors" were illegal aliens. Let me tell you, I'm a family historian and they naturalized legally! Besides that, I'm part American Indian. Let's ask the first owners what they want and I bet it is not more Mexicans.

Dixie

And I want to add. My parents were born on farms, with no running water, toilet or climate controls. They did just fine and they grew up eating what they raised and grew on the farm. I'm not talking more than 150 acres. Not a large commercial farm. These Mexicans are saying they can't live in Mexico under those conditions. That's a flat out lie! They don't have to live in America to survive and live well.

So send them home! And let them make demands of their goverment.

PS, Call your Senators and tell them Americans are not expecting them to do anything they haven't done or live any worse of a life in Mexico than you parents or grandparents did in America. Send them back and they fix the problems there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lesson learned. We either enforce our existing immigration laws or most of us will end up dead.

Thanks for the history lesson Droberts *sarc*.

W

Just because we say that this is a free country, it does not mean you can come here and get to live for free.
    There is that word "FREE" again. I know how appealing that word is when they gang up like ants all over any place that is giving something away. I can see how the phrase "free country" is misconstrued by so many who want something for nothing.

Lesson learned. We either enforce our existing immigration laws or most of us will end up dead.
    I LOVE history lessons with such candid conclusions.

dproberts...I'm back...

Spidey...you were the first to respond...I'll oblige you...you are right! I agree with you. Your grandparents came over here and immigrated legally. Had quotas been as restrictive as they are today, they would not have had that opportunity. I am glad it worked out for them. The people you see marching on the streets are asking for that same opportunity. And yes, some of us here are just as illegal as you when you roll through the stop sign (house bill passed, but not on the books yet....and most laws aren't retroactive....can't change the rules in the middle of the game)

Brian...your gracious response was next. Looks like you have as good a chance of keeping me out of your posts as you do of keeping immigrants out of this country. Oh, please Don't hurt my feelings and ban me from your wonderful discussion....oops, my bad....this is no discussion...everyone comes here to express the same ideas...and if someone has a different point of view...they get (scarry music) BANNED!

crazybird....my apologies extended to you...I understand your offense and that does not generate dialogue. Thank you for your response. I am grateful for a country that has done much for humanity on the world stage. The U.S. is a great country that future immigrants want to fight for and, yes, they too will die defending this country. On a personal note...my father served in the U.S. military...4 years and guess what? He was not a citizen. We immigrants are here and we want to contribute. Crazybird...I will try to spare you.

tinasdad...(it's refreshing to so a dad proud of his child ) There lies your problem...the children are here...guess what? It is in the best interest of the US and its economy to educate them. It is an investment in the future of this nation. These people do pay taxes...but not as they should. We need to get them out from the shadows in order to make them more productive members of this great nation. Prisons full of undocumented aliens? That sounds dumb. If they have no status here...why would they get free room and board? Is deportation of THESE locked up prisoners less expensive than keeping them locked up? That issue can be solved...you want lower health care...decrease the number of lawsuits against doctors and hospitals. Congratulations on being hispanic. You are right...this is a country of law and order (don't roll through another stop sign.)

concernedmother...I also agree with you...the illegal immigrants from the United States that settled in Texas should have been punished and deported...but Mexico allowed them to remain illegally as productive members of society (which is what is being asked by this wave on immigrants). The U.S. does not have a good track record respecting the national sovereignty of other countries (certainly not with Mexico) There is a reason Texas, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and California are not English words (we won't go into words like Pontiac, Michigan, Seatle, Wyoming, Cheyenne...the list is endless). It reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw that says "Suburbia--Kill the trees and name the streets after them" I guess we could say, "The U.S.--Kill the injuns and name the places after them"

andy..."have you ever been in a Turkish prison--Airplane"....but seriously, you are right...it is scary...it needs to be stopped. Mara Salvatrucha 13 (Salvadorian roots) is the real deal and should be controlled/deported/tortured (o.k. taken care of) immediately.

Dixie chick...I also thank you for your patriotic tone. Honestly, not every country can have a beautiful flag like the U.S. Some countries are doomed to have an ugly flag like Mexico (just don't tell the Italians) And yes, you are right. Some people are just not grateful enough. Seeing as you live in a border state...Where does your drinking water come from? There sure are a lot of thirsty people just south of your border...too bad the water that flows through those rivers doesn't reach quite down that far. What are neighbors for anyway, right? Good thing your "European Ancestors" came here when they did. Most likely they wouldn't get in today. Quotas are so restrictive...very few make it in legaly...you bring up a good point....lets roll back the laws to when you "European Ancestors" came to steal a piece of the pie as you say. Let's open up the border the way it was back then. (I'm a bit extreme....but even I think that's a bad idea) but it sure goes to show you that the playing field is quite different today. Thanks for the family anecdote though.

W...No problem. History is an important discipline. Unfortunately, most Americans are not interested in learning theirs...and don't understand other historical points of views. But I don't take that statement lightly...I was concerned about historical ignorance in the United States....so I became a History teacher here in the U.S.(most people just complain about stuff without the willingness to do something about it) I try to do my part. On a lighter note, we are all going to end up dead...you don't need to wory about that. You can enforce existing immigration laws if you think that will work, but so far....you can't say it has been much of a success.

Junius...everybody wants something for nothing. I agree with you as well. It brings out the worst in people. Yes, history lessons are loveable.

ALL...I would thank you for the spirited dialogue, but instead I will part offering my sincere gratitude for sharing your ideas with me. It is interesting to see how a nation of immigrants responds...some generations later...others not even that long. You might want to try starting a new thread. Here is a good subject...

SAND BLAST THE ENGRAVED MESSAGE ON THE STATUE OF LIBERTY! -- THE U.S. NO LONGER WANTS THE COLD, THE TIRED, AND THE HUDDLED MASSES....

--dproberts

p.s. Don't worry Brian...I won't bother you anymore

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast