Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    No bother at all Walter34. You're fortunate I'm in a good mood tonight and will graciously leave your post for all to read. Bye again!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Had quotas been as restrictive as they are today, they would not have had that opportunity
    I'm curious as to why people think the quotas are so restrictive. Seriously.

We have 20 million illegal aliens in this country who are pretty much holding up the line for people who would come legally and yet people say the quotas are too low.

SAND BLAST THE ENGRAVED MESSAGE ON THE STATUE OF LIBERTY! -- THE U.S. NO LONGER WANTS THE COLD, THE TIRED, AND THE HUDDLED MASSES....
    And I know you probably meant this to be a joke but I think it is a fabulous idea. We DON'T want the huddled masses. We are tired of supporting the huddled masses. Once it was nice, now it isn't. We no longer have the means to support everyone in the world who just happens to want a free ride. Unfortunately, most of the illegals who are here came for that free ride and Americans are beginning to resent it.

Having lived overseas for a number of years, five of them in a third world nation, I got the opportunity to talk to many of the local people. (I'm not much of a fan of hobnobbing with the bigshots because phoniness annoys me.) Most of those people, from all over the world, actually, not just from one country, think that every American is rich and just dying to share their largesse with the downtrodden. They don't understand that the same five dollars that buys a bag brimming over with fresh vegetables in their country barely buys three pounds of tomatoes in the United States.-- won't even buy it, these days.

Now, we have many of those "huddled masses" firmly entrenched in this country. They are pretty much just as poor here as they were in their own lands. They don't understand. And it makes me sad to know that whereas I was once happy to help people in need, I no longer give anything to any charity that I even suspect MIGHT give so much as one cent of my money to an illegal alien.

Say there were no illegals in this country. Say they had a major crop failure in some South American country or even in Mexico. I'd be the first in line to donate money or food or anything else that was asked of me. Not anymore. And I'm not the only person who feels that way. Too bad for them that our government wouldn't close the borders to illegal aliens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SAND BLAST THE ENGRAVED MESSAGE ON THE STATUE OF LIBERTY! -- THE U.S. NO LONGER WANTS THE COLD, THE TIRED, AND THE HUDD0LED MASSES...
    Dontcha just love it when people use the missive on the Statue of Liberty to justify illegal immigration? They seem to forget what everyone who passed though Ellis Island to citizenship knew: We have screening processes in place to make sure those huddled masses dont include criminals, the mentally unstable, the infectious, political dissidents, ect.

I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
    Nothing but twisted logic used by those who prefer sneaking in through the unlit back door.

Re: dproberts...I'm back...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter34

But I don't take that statement lightly...I was concerned about historical ignorance in the United States....so I became a History teacher here in the U.S.
    Truely frightening!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
    and I think some of those dogs who don't completely understand English are reading it as: Come lift your leg beside the golden door.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: dproberts...I'm back...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter34
    tinasdad...(it's refreshing to so a dad proud of his child ) There lies your problem...the children are here...guess what? It is in the best interest of the US and its economy to educate them. It is an investment in the future of this nation. These people do pay taxes...but not as they should. We need to get them out from the shadows in order to make them more productive members of this great nation. Prisons full of undocumented aliens? That sounds dumb. If they have no status here...why would they get free room and board? Is deportation of THESE locked up prisoners less expensive than keeping them locked up? That issue can be solved...you want lower health care...decrease the number of lawsuits against doctors and hospitals. Congratulations on being hispanic. You are right...this is a country of law and order (don't roll through another stop sign.)
    I have to ask, how is it in the best interest to educate the children of people that come here illegally with their hands extended asking for a handout? To be educated in America is not a constitutional right; it is a privilege that should be reserved for its citizens. America was never designed to be a soup line for the world to come and feed and then go on their way. The illegal aliens bring nothing to the table, Thy reject our culture and burden our schools with overcrowding and the high cost of education. And what about the parents, well they too are taken cared of, our government is very good about providing subsidized housing. Simply put, our economy does not rely on illegal labor, if all illegal aliens were to leave tomorrow, the economy would adjust and the American worker would reap the benefits. As for prisons being full of illegal aliens, you are right, it is dumb that we should have to provide them room and board for breaking the law, but yet we do. I understand how liberals like to ignore these little facts.

As Investors Business Daily reported in March 2005:

"The U.S. Justice Department estimated that 270,000 illegal immigrants served jail time nationally in 2003. Of those, 108,000 were in California. Some estimates show illegals now make up half of California's prison population, creating a massive criminal subculture that strains state budgets and creates a nightmare for local police forces."

Cost of medical care? Yes you can legislate and possibly cap law suits, but that will still leave those requiring assistance with a 3-4 hour wait because the E.D. room is full with illegal aliens waiting for their free medical care and the county residents footing the bill.

Re: That's right....

Quote Originally Posted by tinasdad
    Why do you suppose that Hospital visits are so expensive? Could it be that illegals use Hospitals as their own private physicians?
    Oh, they absolutely positively do! I couldn't get an appointment with my regular doctor for 3 weeks when my blood pressure was going up. (I since gave that uncaring doctor the boot!) The nurse kept telling me they were "all booked up" and to go to the walk-in clinic or the ER. I refused telling them that was a MISUSE of emergency services and I wasn't going to wait 6 hours at the walk-in clinic over a matter they should work me in as a regular patient for and also told them I wasn't going to go to the extra cost of the ER or the clinic for a matter that is IN-OFFICE!

This one REALLY irritates me -- and I keep hearing it over and over from the b.s. artists in the media: This myth about the "Latino backlash."

I keep hearing about the awesome power of the Latino voting bloc, and how all the politicians are scared to death to do anything that would alienate the Latino voter.

Let me set the record straight:

1.) George Bush has done nothing BUT suck up to the Latino vote. And look where his approval ratings are: At an all-time low! "Latino backlash" my behind.

2.) After Governor Pete Wilson's Propostion 187 passed, I kept hearing about the awesome "Latino backlash" -- how the Republicans were finished in California because they had alienated the "Latino vote." But guess what? We ran their boy, Governor Gray Davis, out of town on a rail, and put Pete Wilson's boy, Arnold Schwarzenegger, firmly back in the governor's seat. "Latino backlash" my behind.

THeres a backlash, all right. But the lashes seem to be coming from OUR direction. And we have to make this point abundantly clear to any of our Senators that may be on the verge of doing something very, very stupid. Which they will regret.

(Post editted for language-PinestrawGuys)

Quote Originally Posted by Acebackwords
    1.) George Bush has done nothing BUT suck up to the Latino vote. And look where his approval ratings are: At an all-time low! "Latino backlash" my behind.
    Like the liberals in the media, you have assumed that we unilaterally vote Democratic and that we favor illegal Immigration. True, we may only makeup only 3% of the vote, but when the public does not exercise their right to vote, we like any other group or individual person can be the deciding factor.

finally I have a haven to vent my frustration on illegal immigrants. This forum is a great place to debate the morality of the current ILLEGAL immigrants here in MY country.

If they want to come here to live the american dream come here LEGALLY.

foolish, uneducated, loose cannon illegal immigrants that make these kinds of comments spitting at the feet of lady liberty is sickening.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast