I had to work the entire day with three illegal alien "painters" in my office today. Only one spoke broken English, the other's couldn't speak any English. The supervisor, who couldn't speak Spanish, had to show some of them how to paint. I wondered if they picked them up at a day labor site.

I work in a Government Law Enforcement office, yet there was nothing I could do short of calling ICE to show up at my office and that would have gotten my job in jeopardy.

They were working as a sub-contractor (I have no idea what their company is) for the contractor that is remodeling in my office. The Contractor is hired by the Government entity and I have no idea what the company of the contractor is either. I would have been inevitable that if I spoke up or tried to do some question asking or digging, I would have been the one in the hot seat, not the illegals.

For those who question "how do you know their illegals?" Like our County attorney who won't accept that as a reason to enforce the new employer sanctions law, I ask, when does this government give out work visas for needed painters? I don't think so. The work visas are for farm workers and other specialized employment, but painters?

This was a very frustrating and annoying situation to be around them for 8 hours today.

It also kind of indicates that they're not very afraid of losing their jobs under the new law either.