Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can't find a mention of it at Associated Press, Agence Presse France, Deutsche Welle, Asia Times, Washington Post, Washington Times, New York Times, BBC, Sydney Morning Herald or Moscow Times or Al-Jazeera. This is really beginning to sound like a hoax.
    Asia Times, Moscow Times and Al-Jazeera don't really like the US, so they would be the first to blast this about us crumbling to another world power. The rest of them would spread this as to the horror that that the South Lawn will now be claimed by China.
    Time to start calling D.C.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just called my congressman's office and asked if they had heard of any of this. They will be looking into it and give me a call back. The aide was not able to find anything on any website either. Also, emailed the White House press room telling them it was floating around the web and if it were true, it would be like China claiming the land. Undoubtedly that thought would be in the minds of many people as we have watched the Russians plant flags under the Arctic ice to claim the oil deposits.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is Thursday folks, this has been here on the open boards for four days.

From the looks of it, only Dixie and Vortex and workingforchange have tried to verify this story.

We simply do not have the staff and funds to do all this for you folks.

Why are more of you not helping? Why is this story still not confirmed after four days?

W

I found a link on ron pauls website..all the others are from forums

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/99279
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

The dailypaul website has nothing to do with Ron Paul.
    Called my congressman's office and they could find nothing either. It has been quite a few days and have not heard back from them.
    This sounds like a distraction to keep us in an uproar over the administration. There is too much verbal garbage being disseminated and planted, mostly by people heavy into special interests.

Can't find anything on the Chinese Embassy website:
    http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/xw/ Of course, there are links to all the sources we have already listed.
    Will keep searching. This is starting to make me crazier than I already am.

W, this story is unverifiable. I call shenanigans. Can't find anything from a reliable source.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    W, this story is unverifiable. I call shenanigans. Can't find anything from a reliable source.
    I just received an email from a member of Congress that asked around and was told this happened before and that Bush let the Chinese do this too.

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I just received an email from a member of Congress that asked around and was told this happened before and that Bush let the Chinese do this too.

W
    I'm glad you have the connections that you have Why was there no outrage when Bush did it then? Why do we care all of a sudden? If this is true, then there should be hell to pay! This is AMERICA and we fly only one flag, unless you are at Six Flags Over Texas
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

W

Okay.......since I'm up, I did some research and ran down some information which will hopefully shed some light on this because it doesn't appear to be something which can be dismissed as incredible and churned out just to stir the pot, but, at the same time, also doesn't seem to be anything to get all in a dither over either.

The 60th anniversary of the PRC is on Oct. 1 and my research shows that there are events to commemorate the occasion.....including a film festival....scheduled for, literally, all over the world. These events begin taking place in mid September continuing right on through til Oct. 1.

That a ceremony is taking place at the White House, complete with a flag raising, is, apparently, not the big issue filled with sinister intent and hidden meaning that is being read into it though either.

This particular event is just one of many similar type events which regularly take place at the White House. In fact, I found one reported on the site of the Greek Embassy which took place on March 25, 2009 to commemorate Greek Independence:

http://www.mfa.gr/www.mfa.gr/Authoritie ... +House.htm

As for the flag being flown on the White House grounds, I tracked down an article from 1918 published in the New York Times which explains that also.

This is something which began in 1918 with President Wilson..... to honor the French in the fall of Bastile........ who even commissioned a seperate flag pole for the White House grounds on which flags of foreign nations would be flown on occasions to commemorate special occassions. It will be from this specially designated pole that the Chinese flag will be flown commemoratively .....same as other foreign flags are flown during their special commemorative events.

A copy of the original 1918 article appears at the link:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.h ... 5B888DF1D3

TRICOLOR ON WHITE HOUSE.; President Wilson Orders Honor Paid to the Flag of France.
    Sign in to Recommend

Jul 14, 1918, Sunday

Section: Editorial, Page 25, 793 words

WASHINGTON, July 13.--President Wilson today issued an order that the French flag be flown from all public buildings and vessels tomorrow, July 14, in honor of the holiday commemorating the fall of the Bastile. [ END OF FIRST PARAGRAPH ]

Evidently China made application.....as everyone else seeking a special commemorative event at the WH must do as well.....and it was approved but we shouldn't jump to any conclusions over the approval either. For all we know, it might have been approved because that date just happened to be available.

That it hasn't shown up anywhere being touted as some big event of great importance or significance is no surprise because it really isn't.

Hopefully this will allay concerns and put this to rest now?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast