Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Okay guys maybe I will agree with Chicano that, just want them to have the opportunity to pay for their mistakes in a "fair and balanced" way. I suppose we’re all immigrants in one way or another. Some of us don't really understand the immigration is! And even myself don't know what immigration is, I guess I'm gonna watch the 30 days show on the 26th, I'm sure this will help me/us to understand further more about immigration, I heard that they will make a balance look on both sides of immigration. Let’s talk about it here after watching it.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/30days/

If any media gives it a balanced look I will be amazed and from what read (Thanks to Cheyenne’s link) I don't think this show is fair and balanced when the producer edits the individual's comments and places them out of context. That’s called deceit and deception where I come from.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Fair and balanced is when people obey the laws, and when the government enforce the laws, unilaterally.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Chicano,

OK, you finally said something I can agree with totally. Stating that...

"I don't want to make anyone legal. I just want them to have the opportunity to pay for their mistakes in a "fair and balanced" way. "

Couldn't agree with you more. Using that train of thought, we have laws on the books that specifically deal with your statement. In fact, folks are classified criminals and a specific range of punishment is outlined for such behaviour ranging from deportation to jail sentences and deportation.

Now, after reading some of your entries, I find that your statement above is completely contrary to what your doing here. You are in fact trying to find a way to legalize what millions have done, you are trying to find a way to usurp the present law or efforts to reform it to a more reasonable and current set of laws, and speaking completely for myself, you have in fact broken the rules on this board. On a personal note, I find that anyone who lies and claims they are a man, is less of a man than the rest of the human race. You've already demonstrated your ability to lie about the issues concerning this site, and misrepresent mainstream America. No matter what you try to say from this point forward, that fact will always be with you.

Yes guys! The 30 days show will have a balance look on both illegal and legal immigration, infact one of the minutemen is going to live with a family of illegal in the first episode of “30 Days.” I guess this man is eager to know about being illegal one! Try to check this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vofb-XDF9Ig

global_law:

But the Minuteman refuted what is going to be broadcast.:

How could they possibly even dare to think that I had changed my mind? Not a chance!
    check out this thread where he explains everything:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=35043

Quote Originally Posted by global_law
    Yes guys! The 30 days show will have a balance look on both illegal and legal immigration, infact one of the minutemen is going to live with a family of illegal in the first episode of “30 Days.” I guess this man is eager to know about being illegal one! Try to check this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vofb-XDF9Ig
    GLOBAL

What's your point? We are already aware of this show. You've mentioned several times even though it's been posted before.

Share with us what point you're trying to make. Let us in on your motive for being here at Alipac. We'd like to help you if we only knew what it is you want
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Global,
    Do you work for the show? Just wondering, sounds like you are promoting the show without regards to what we all have already read about the truth of it.....

Hi everybody! My real point is that, I want to know more about immigration, both legal and illegal, and focusing illegal ones. Honestly I have some relatives here in the US that is illegal immigrants, I just want to learn more about it, co'z I wanted to help them how to be legalized, and I don't have much ideas about this issue. And lastly I didn't promoting the show; actually I am thankful to my friend who told me about this show, which will discuss all about immigration. I guess this will help for me and others to understand what immigration is.

Global:

Surely you can't believe that a "reality TV show" is going to teach you about immigration. But then again, perhaps you do.

As I indicated on an earlier post on this thread, the Minuteman refuted what was going to be broadcast.

If you want to know about illegal immigration, check out the postings by robins_aussie. He's an Australian who was here illegally, turned himself in and is now waiting in Australia and fighting to come back to the US.

He posts here regularly and keeps us updated on how he's doing.

The show you keep referring to shows only one family (probably a very nice one) that is illegal interacting with a Minuteman (whose part was edited).

This is no true representation of the immigration issue. It is much more far ranging than that.

Let me give you one person's view (mine) of immigration.

First, the citizens of this country are expected to obey the laws of this country or we go to jail.

Second, illegals have broken the laws of this country and are now demanding that we ignore that and give them some form of amnesty.

Third, (something I have repeated over and over) is that I'm tired of hearing that this is a land of immigrants. Every nation on this planet has been, at some time in its history, invaded, conquered or migrated into. So, therefore, every nation on this planet is a land of immigrants with the possible exception of the Israelies.

Fourth, I am completely in favor of immigration - LEGAL immigration. I believe that immigration will add to the intellectual development of this country. Having said that, I also expect the immigrant to fully assimilate because that is what has made this country strong.

Fifth, I see this country as a lifeboat - if you put too many people into it too fast, it will capsize, or sink, and everybody dies. That's just plain logic.

My people were conquered by those who came later. We have learned to assimilate and yet still keep our own culture. You can do both.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast