Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration issues..............

This is really a controversial issue in our society! It is hard and it is a long process to get a legal immigration especially in USA. Wasting money and so much time, but if you are a Native American why spending lots of money and time? Well I heard about the 30 days show on FX Channel, the topic will be all about Immigration.. Here’s the link http://www.fxnetworks.com/30days/

Welcome global_law:

Thank you for the heads up. I, for one, will definitely check it out.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll check it out.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

You’re welcome my friends! I just wanted to share what I have found! Anyway I just wanted to discuss about immigration in the US of A, I am not into a law firm or into a politics, but a concern citizen that willing to grasp some important ideas regarding immigration and immigration process. I heard that this is a huge debate nowadays that many think America was founded on-providing newcomers with freedom from oppression and the opportunity for prosperity.
    My question is: Should the government place further restrictions on legal immigration?
    I hope the 30 days show on FX channel will further discuss this serious issue on both legal and illegal sides of immigration............................

Quote Originally Posted by global_law
    My question is: Should the government place further restrictions on legal immigration?
    I can't speak for everyone on this board, but my personal feelings are that we should simply enforce the immigration laws that we already have on the books.

We have a quota system - let us observe that system. I, for one, have absolutely no problem with LEGAL immigration, but I do not believe that any peoples (who happen to have close proximity to our borders) should be given treatment any more special than those who have to wait in line across the ocean.

Actually, I think it is a major slap in the face to those immigrants who have abided by our rules, waiting their turn in line, have paid horrendous amounts of money, gone through the entire immigration process, and have truly assimilated into our culture, to now understand that all they had to do was sneak into the country and eventually get some form of amnesty.

From what I understand, the immigration laws on the books provide us with a reasonable immigrant quota system.

To me, the best analogy is one of a lifeboat. If you put too many people in, it will sink, and everybody dies.

Check out this link to another thread:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=34892

It's about the guy who's part of the "reality show".

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    global_law said:

Wasting money and so much time, but if you are a Native American why spending lots of money and time?
    Who is Native American and spending lots of money? As far as I know, the Native Americans are the ones BORN here, not ones who lay claim to it for their own convenience, so they can come here illegally, march and then demand amnesty (which is to "forget" their lawbreaking, and sorry, I will not forget it).

I heard that this is a huge debate nowadays that many think America was founded on-providing newcomers with freedom from oppression and the opportunity for prosperity.
    Now here's a thought, oppression and opportunity for prosperity? Well, granted many Latin American countries are pretty nasty, but oppression, hmmm... I am not so sure that a corrupt government the people voted in themselves and do nothing about it is really oppression, it is just a lack of resolve and a series of poor choices. Coming here just to be prosperous? Not a legal immigration criteria, nor should ones own financial status be considered the sole reason we should allow any LEGAL immigrants to come in.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth.

Who is Native American and spending lots of money?
    I have a pretty good idea global_law isn't really referring to American Indians. However I would like global_law to explain what he/she means. I recieve a weekly email newsletter from Cherokee Nation and I don't recall reading anything that mentions anything about spending lots of money.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I don't want to jump the gun here, but the name alone is a little suspect, unless I heard a good reason to pick a name that refers to one's potential belief that we live with "global laws".

Yes, I too want to know who global thinks is "Native American". I consider myself native, being born here in the Pacific Northwest, from several generations of people born here. To me, people born abroad, and coming in to lay claim to that is out of the question.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    I don't want to jump the gun here, but the name alone is a little suspect, unless I heard a good reason to pick a name that refers to one's potential belief that we live with "global laws".
    Something smells I agree. I have my birth certificate. It states Bemidji MN. I know those are my feet. They may have grown but they still look the same and they have not Snuck into someone else’s country for illicit gains.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast