By Ashley Knight
Published: May 15, 2016, 8:30 pm Updated: May 15, 2016, 10:43 pm

Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions talks about the possibility of being trump’s running mate. He hasn’t been asked but said he’d be willing. This morning on ABC’s0 This Week, Sessions broke down Trump’s policies and why he’s supporting the Trump campaign.

The first senator to endorse Donald Trump, Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions this morning spoke on why he is supporting Trump and what sets him apart as a presidential candidate.

“Somebody strong enough to take on Washington, will he challenge the establishment, will he end the illegality in immigration, will he insist on trade agreements that lift our economy, increase manufacturing, and will he stand up to the elites? And he’s doing so,” says Sessions.

He says these traits are bringing in a new kind of voter to the Republican Party. Sessions also touched on the meeting Trump had with GOP leaders to allay their fears about Trump’s intentions.

“He talked, they talked, explained concerns they had and he responded appropriately, and it was not tense and afterwards people came around him and gathered around him and talked informally. I was just really pleased with where it went. (are we going to see a different Donald Trump, did you get a sense of that?) Well, I think he’s already being more careful about some of the things he says but he’s out there speaking to 20,000 people in a crowd. He doesn’t use notes or teleprompters, he goes straight into the issues people are concerned about. And I think that’s part of his strengths.”

Sessions said he believes Trump has the temperament to be commander in chief.

“I think Donald Trump would say to the military, what do you need, what can we do to increase the pressure on them, I’ll back you up, we’re going to destroy Isis.”

He says he does think Trump needs help understanding the complexity of the terrorist cells overseas, and how careful you have to be when committing a military force.

Sessions does not expect to be tapped as Trump’s running mate, but says he would be honored to assist him in any way possible.

http://wkrg.com/2016/05/15/jeff-sess...-running-mate/