Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Read the Decision!

Why can't you just read the decision before spouting off your stereotypes about Latinos? Here it is again:
    http://www.prldef.org/Civil/mamaroneck.pdf

A few important things you missed in your diatribe:
    1. The town harassed all Latino day laborers, not making any effort to distinguish between illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, or citizens. Latinos who weren't day laborers were also harassed by police.
    2. Only one of the plaintiffs was Mexican; the others were from Guatemala or El Salvador. Unless there's been a war I didn't know about, Guatemala and El Salvador are not part of Mexico.
    3. The town admitted they had no knowledge of whether any of the Latino day laborers were illegal immigrants.
    4. There was no evidence connecting any day laborers with public urination, prostitution, drug use, etc., and in fact these events happened either away from the site or at night.
    5. The judge concluded, based upon credible evidence, that there was intentional discrimination by the town.

I submit to you that this case is about racial discrimination, not illegal immigration. The police didn't harass just illegal immigrants; but Latinos in general, and in my book that's discrimination.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Re: Read the Decision!

Quote Originally Posted by bquasius
    Why can't you just read the decision before spouting off your stereotypes about Latinos? Here it is again:
    http://www.prldef.org/Civil/mamaroneck.pdf

A few important things you missed in your diatribe:
    1. The town harassed all Latino day laborers, not making any effort to distinguish between illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, or citizens. Latinos who weren't day laborers were also harassed by police.
    2. Only one of the plaintiffs was Mexican; the others were from Guatemala or El Salvador. Unless there's been a war I didn't know about, Guatemala and El Salvador are not part of Mexico.
    3. The town admitted they had no knowledge of whether any of the Latino day laborers were illegal immigrants.
    4. There was no evidence connecting any day laborers with public urination, prostitution, drug use, etc., and in fact these events happened either away from the site or at night.
    5. The judge concluded, based upon credible evidence, that there was intentional discrimination by the town.

I submit to you that this case is about racial discrimination, not illegal immigration. The police didn't harass just illegal immigrants; but Latinos in general, and in my book that's discrimination.
    Please point out the STEREOTYPES of Latins that you're referring to.
    I must have missed it and would appreciate your clarification.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Evidence

There's a group of Latinos, obviously poor or they wouldn't be seeking day work, and its assumed they're criminals without any factual basis.

The town referred to them as "locusts" among other derogatory terms, even though there's no evidence any of the day laborers engaged in criminal activity, etc. Even Latinos who weren't day laborers were harassed by police, while white people in similar situations were not harassed. Note that it was the town that moved them to the park because a luxury apartment development didn't want them nearby, so they moved.

Now tell me, how did they engage in all these criminal activities with the police "staring" at them and aggressively ticketing contractors or Latinos who happened to be driving by? White people who were seen driving without seat belts were told to buckle up, while Latinos driving by were ticketed. I'd call that clear evidence of racism. That's how the judge saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    Wow.

No police patrols near people conducting criminal activities.

What a novel concept.

Prostitutes and meth-lab entrepreneurs rejoice!
    What made this entire situation worse was the fact that the judge didn't give a damn about the threat to the residents that can't/won't utilize the town park {right there} or the area in general due to the ILLEGALS constantly harrassing them, especially in a sexual nature.

How's them there apples!!

The men of Mamaranack should band together and dare, DARE these bastards to open their mouths at the women and kids. They should make it so uncomfortable for these bastards that they move out.

There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

They're criminals because they're in this country illegally, you {mod edit}

If you had actually read the article then perhaps you would have picked up that little nugget of information.

I know this concept is quite difficult for that mind of yours to assimilate, but people who are in this country illegally are not entitled to work.

1. There's no evidence to demonstrate that the police questioned-much less harrassed-anyone in this town who was not an illegal day laborer or a person soliciting their services illegally.

2. They have committed criminal activities-in addition to the criminal activity they are engaged in by remaining in this country illegally-which you would have realized if you had any clue, which you quite evidently do not.

3. They ticketed contractors because what they were doing is AGAINST THE LAW. What part of this very rudimentary concept is eluding that befogged contraption you call a brain? I suggest that you look up the relevant statutes, which penalize employers of illegal aliens.

4. How this Clinton-appointed judge-who is almost as profoundly dense as you are, as hard as that might be to conceive of-perceives the situation is immaterial. She is telling the authorities not to enforce the law and to-essentially-create a red light district and free criminality zone in the middle of their city.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Oh, so it wasn't our Alipac members that were "stereotyping" these loving and law abiding day laborers who happen to be hispanic, many who are ILLEGAL. I'm glad I asked as your post made it sound as those Alipac was doing the stereotyping.

Guess you don't get it, B.

They ARE ILLEGAL.......mr. johnny doe 1-2-3-4-5-6
    The judge, in all her love of Constitution for the American people, did NOT allow the information concering the ILLEGALS illegality to be entered due to their fear of deportation. It's a wonderful thing that the judge, if one can call her that, finds it in her heart to protect ILLEGALS instead of Americans.

I will tell you something interesting, if you don't mind. You know all these ILLEGALS who are invading our beautiful country? The very people, who are approx 85% hispanic, who give not a damn about our Rule of Law. These people and their disregard for our Laws and our Country are making it very bad for Legal Immigrants. They're causing trouble for the Legal Immigrants. It's a shame that those who've respected our laws are the ones who will suffer right along side Americans.

Towns across the country are being boxed in due to the huge numbers of ILLEGALS who congregate to "wait for work." They urinate in public streets and walkways, harrass women, use drugs and some are quite physical. That happens in large numbers. It's unsafe and unsanitary not to mention, unlawful. But the poor towns, cowards that they are, have a choice. Try to be "nice" and get these bums a place to congregate or have them willy nilly all over the taxpayer's living areas.

Back to the, ahhh, day laborers.
    The lovely and polite day laborers who congregate in this little town are made up of both legal AND ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Now, why do you think there was a lawsuit? Hmmm, it was because the police WERE TRYING to get the area under control. And, gee wizzz, the legals and ILLEGALS didn't like having a police vehicle staring at them while they were harrassing the fine women and children of the little town and doing whatever else they do.
    How could there be "evidence" of criminal behavior when there's been difficulty in patroling the area?

the PARK IS DESTROYED. Who did it? The women and children? You know, the very ones who are afraid to go near the area?

Now, how about you hop on over to Mamaronack and tell those women and kids that THEY'RE NUTS and using derogotory terms to explain all the HARRASSMENT that the legals & ILLEGALS - most if not all of whom happen to be hispanic - have been doing to them is rude and nasty. Tell those ignorant Americans that they'll just have to go somewhere else to play and stroll even though, oh my........the legal folks of that town paid their taxes to keep it a pretty and safe place to live.

Why don't you go and tell the good people of Mamaronack that they must take this ABUSE from mostly if not all hispanic/latino day laborers many who happen to be ILLEGAL? You know, the law breakers that get off of the hook and are ALLOWED to work in our country without fear of the law.

BTW, you are correct! They're not locusts, B..........they're worse. They're hateful, dirty, nasty, LAW BREAKERS who don't give a damn about mom and apple pie, your wife, my kids or anyone other than their own gratification.

I've said my peace.........JOHNNY DOE 1-2-3-4-5-6 ARE ILLEGALS.

Sorry B.........not gonna fly.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

bquasius

If you don't mind, please point out where I was RACIST in the above post.
    I re-read it but couldn't find it.

Thank you

bquasius,

If you are in this country and are an illegal alien, you are a criminal. You become a criminal the moment a single strand of your DNA crosses the border.

Also, I didn't see the personal attack. If you are refering to the statement that the majority of illgal aliens are Hispanic, 2nd is absolutely correct and accurate in that statement. I'm sure the Pew Hispainc Center will even confirm that statement.

Dixie

And O.J. didn't do it!

Missed the Point

You keep trying to spin the town's actions as anti-illegal immigrant, but the evidence shows the police were harassing all Latinos, whether illegal, legal, or citizen, day labor or otherwise. The town admitted at the trial they had not even determined whether the day laborers were legal immigrants or otherwise. One would think if police were cracking down on illegal immigrants they would check documents and chase illegal immigrants, while leaving legal immigrants and citizens alone.

It appears there was selective enforcement based upon ethnicity or race. That's not immigration enforcement; that's racism. I don't doubt that some of the day laborers are illegal immigrants, but likely some are not. The news articles I have read indicate some were illegal, but some legal immigrants and citizens.

You mentioned legal immigrants. Well, it just so happens that my wife and step-daughter are both legal immigrants and Latinos, who have never violated our immigration laws, and have never waved foreign flags, flown American flags upside down, or demanded amnesty at parades. I might add they have experienced considerable backlash for problems that have nothing to do with them.

I'll bet if they had been in Mamaroneck at this location during daytime hours, they likely would have been treated by police as if they were criminals.

Stereotyping an ethnic or racial group as criminals is a form of racism. I'm all for stopping illegal immigration, but please don't use immigration issues as a cover for racism. Racism is un-American and un-democratic. We have many patriotic - and Latino - immigrants in this country who deserve to be treated with respect.

Re: Missed the Point

Quote Originally Posted by bquasius
    You keep trying to spin the town's actions as anti-illegal immigrant, but the evidence shows the police were harassing all Latinos, whether illegal, legal, or citizen, day labor or otherwise. The town admitted at the trial they had not even determined whether the day laborers were legal immigrants or otherwise. One would think if police were cracking down on illegal immigrants they would check documents and chase illegal immigrants, while leaving legal immigrants and citizens alone.

It appears there was selective enforcement based upon ethnicity or race. That's not immigration enforcement; that's racism. I don't doubt that some of the day laborers are illegal immigrants, but likely some are not. The news articles I have read indicate some were illegal, but some legal immigrants and citizens.

You mentioned legal immigrants. Well, it just so happens that my wife and step-daughter are both legal immigrants and Latinos, who have never violated our immigration laws, and have never waved foreign flags, flown American flags upside down, or demanded amnesty at parades. I might add they have experienced considerable backlash for problems that have nothing to do with them.

I'll bet if they had been in Mamaroneck at this location during daytime hours, they likely would have been treated by police as if they were criminals.

Stereotyping an ethnic or racial group as criminals is a form of racism. I'm all for stopping illegal immigration, but please don't use immigration issues as a cover for racism. Racism is un-American and un-democratic. We have many patriotic - and Latino - immigrants in this country who deserve to be treated with respect.
    You called me RACIST, Bq.

Where was I RACIST, please? Don't make an invalid accusation. Thanksgiving no less and you're trying to use the RACE CARD with me?
    Are you for real?

Who's stereotyping an ethnic or racial group?
    What are you referring to? Illegal Aliens are criminials? Is that your verification for a bogus accusation?

Ohhhhhhh, so you don't believe that ILLEGAL ALIENS are breaking the law, eh? Now I get it.

What's your agenda, Bq?

I'll warn you right now, don't even try to pull that shit with me. You have no basis to call me a RACIST and I won't let you get away with throwing that empty, old crap at me. That's where I draw the line. You've attempted to slander my reputation and I will not sit by and let you get away with that ignorant action.

You accused me of personally attacking you? eh?
    WHERE? Please show your validation of such an empty accusation.

I believe that YOU, Bq, have purposely lied about me {people can see my above post for verification} to attempt to move your agenda forward concerning "immigrants." That's all I've got considering your posts continually mentioning your wife is a legal immigrant who came here on a finace' visa.

I do expect an apology.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast