Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't really care if they were illegal or not. I don't think people should stand on a street corner and soliciting anything. Cops don't know if they are hookers(male or female), drug dealers, loitering to stalk someone... I'm sorry but standing around in an intersection doesn't necessarily mean you are a day laborer. If we are going to protect that, then the unsavory can hang with them too and say, we are just day labors when they are really drug dealers.

No one should be approaching vehicles from a public or private lot in exchange for services. That's just my opinion.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

FYI: if anyone read my post, they would have seen that it stated specifically that they were/are both legal and ILLEGAL day laborers.
    I never lumped the "day laborers" into one group.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Citizen

I am a U.S. citizen, and I strongly oppose illegal immigration and any form of amnesty.

My wife and daughter are both LEGAL immigrants who happen to be Latino. Neither my wife or daugther nor anyone in their extended family have ever lived illegally in the U.S. They followed our laws in coming here, work hard to assimilate, and the only flags they wave are American flags.

I do not appreciate stereotypes of Latinos as criminals, illegal aliens, or those who aid and abet illegal immigration. Some Latinos are criminals and illegal immigrants, but most are not. While we are all opposed to illegal immigration or amnesty, we need to be sensitive to legal immigrants, who are increasingly feeling the backlash against illegal immigrants. Many of the initiatives designed to curtail illegal immigration instead hurt legal immigrants.

When anyone makes sweeping characterizations about groups of Latinos or any other ethnic group for that matter, that is stereotyping, which is unfair and is a form of racism. If you see a group of Latinos anywhere in the U.S., DO NOT assume they are criminals or illegal immigrants, which is apparently what happened in Mamaroneck.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Re: Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by bquasius
    I am a U.S. citizen, and I strongly oppose illegal immigration and any form of amnesty.

My wife and daughter are both LEGAL immigrants who happen to be Latino. Neither my wife or daugther nor anyone in their extended family have ever lived illegally in the U.S. They followed our laws in coming here, work hard to assimilate, and the only flags they wave are American flags.

I do not appreciate stereotypes of Latinos as criminals, illegal aliens, or those who aid and abet illegal immigration. Some Latinos are criminals and illegal immigrants, but most are not. While we are all opposed to illegal immigration or amnesty, we need to be sensitive to legal immigrants, who are increasingly feeling the backlash against illegal immigrants. Many of the initiatives designed to curtail illegal immigration instead hurt legal immigrants.

When anyone makes sweeping characterizations about groups of Latinos or any other ethnic group for that matter, that is stereotyping, which is unfair and is a form of racism. If you see a group of Latinos anywhere in the U.S., DO NOT assume they are criminals or illegal immigrants, which is apparently what happened in Mamaroneck.

bquasius,
    I hope you are fully aware that ALIPAC endorses Legal Americans who come here through the proper channels and we DO NOT lump any group of people together. There is a diverse group of people who are members of ALIPAC and they do not condone any type of racism and that is the one very reason that I am a member. I come from a multicultural family and would be offended if they did anything differently.

How about we stop the bantering and we enjoy our Holiday? The debate will still be here Friday.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Stereotyping

2ndamendsis, you may not have intended to lump legal and illegal day laborers together, but the Mamoreneck police apparently did. Not only did they lump legal and illegal day laborers together, they even targeted Latinos who weren't day laborers as if they were day laborers or criminals. Read the judge's decision.

I don't agree with some Latino leaders who characterize any criticism of illegal immigration or amnesty as racism, but at the same time selectively enforcing laws against a group of people based upon their racial or ethnic appearance is racism.

In this case, I do believe town officials pandered to the sensitivities of some voters using day laborers and by proxy Latinos as scapegoats.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Music

jp_48504, your post is music to my ears!

It appears there was selective enforcement based upon ethnicity or race. That's not immigration enforcement; that's racism
    It might be profiling but it's not racism. Is the entire police force white??

Websters dictionary:

Main Entry: rac·ism
    Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
    Function: noun
    1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Racism is used far too freely. If someone doesn't like Latinos....they're racist. Latino is NOT a race. Matter of fact Latinos are caucasians for the most part. But then again, if people can't find an excuse to yell racism, albeit wrongly applied, then they go searching for it. You said that only Latinos were ticketed....

White people who were seen driving without seat belts were told to buckle up, while Latinos driving by were ticketed. I'd call that clear evidence of racism.
    You'll have to pardon me if I find this unbelievable....How could you possibly know that unless you were privy to each and every traffic stop and what was said. This is a prime example of what happens all the time. Someone gets a ticket and then spreads the word that they were being picked on. What were the Latino's ticketed for? How do you know what the police said? I'm not standing up for anyone but broad statements like this are highly questionable. Again this may be profiling, but it's not racism and, no, profiling is not racism either dispite what people want to believe.
    Profiles are produced based on the likelihood of someone behaving or committing a particular act. It has nothing to do with race, unless race becomes a factor in the profile......eg.....they were looking for a white man in the DC sniper case, because that was the profile of a sniper. Even though they were wrong, past experience had proven that to be so.

Re: Stereotyping

Quote Originally Posted by bquasius
    2ndamendsis, you may not have intended to lump legal and illegal day laborers together, but the Mamoreneck police apparently did. Not only did they lump legal and illegal day laborers together, they even targeted Latinos who weren't day laborers as if they were day laborers or criminals. Read the judge's decision.

I don't agree with some Latino leaders who characterize any criticism of illegal immigration or amnesty as racism, but at the same time selectively enforcing laws against a group of people based upon their racial or ethnic appearance is racism.

In this case, I do believe town officials pandered to the sensitivities of some voters using day laborers and by proxy Latinos as scapegoats.
    I most certainly did intend to "lump them together" as that is exactly what that group is. Would you prefer that I lied about it? Skewed the truth? The day laborers in Mamaronack are both legal and ILLEGAL.

The group are both. However, The JOHN DOES are ILLEGAL #1-2-3-4-5-6.

I do not appreciate stereotypes of Latinos as criminals,
    No one here has stereotyped latinos as criminals.
    However, if they are ILLEGAL then they are CRIMINALS. Approx 85% of the ILLEGALS are latinos. What are you going to do about that? Lie about the numbers? Call it RACIST to tell the truth?

You have an agenda. Sadly, you could do more good by helping to stop the Illegal invasion rather than trying to throw the RACE CARD around here so freely such as the hispanic groups who are pro ILLEGAL do on a regular basis. I wonder if you get it, Bq? laraza, mecha et al use this method. I don't believe that you want to be lumped in with them, do you?

However, you have already called me a RACIST.

I expect an apology, not a recitation about stereotypical nonsense. Do NOT attempt to skew my words and do NOT attempt to turn this on me.
    YOU made the accusation.

BTW, you know nothing about Mamaronack other than what you read.
    Why not go see for yourself rather than be a shill for the press.

bquasius,

I think you are singing to the choir. There is nothing wrong with stereotyping. In fact, it's often quite funny and the root of many jokes. Neither stereotyping nor profiling are racist.

Secondly, the people making the connection of illegal aliens and Hispanics are the members of the Hispanic community that support illegal immigration. They want everyone to believe that the people opposing them are racist and against all immigrants, especially Hispanics. Those are the people you should be chastising for the confusion, not members of Alipac or the Americans that oppose illegal immigration.

You only have to look as far as the Spanish Language newspapers to see words like anti-immigrant rally or anti-Hispanic. Those are the people spewing the hatred, not their opposition. Those news sources are full of false accusations and claims.

Dixie

http://forum.minutemanhq.com/phpBB2/vie ... c2ebc2a313

A first-hand account from the MM website.

excerpt.....

I then went over to the patrol car, parked at the entrance, and spoke to that officer. He said, I'm neutral in this, I only follow orders.

The Mamaroneck police did not speak to the aliens. Did not impede assembly in any way at all. They did not express any opinions at all. They were courteous and formal. *( No contractors came in ). There is no legitimacy at all to the insinuation that the police prevented assembly.

I lived in Latin America and travelled there for years. These aliens are very accomplished liars. I am inclined to be skeptical of almost every thing they say.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast