Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As someone who spent many years as ticket/gate agent at an international airport, I am more than well aware that there are millions in this country that don't speak english, most here illegally and many here legally. Where you and I part ways is in your assertion that there are hundreds of thousands of U.S. born citizens that cannot communicate in english. Kids under 8 perhaps, but certainly not adults!

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    Where you and I part ways is in your assertion that there are hundreds of thousands of U.S. born citizens that cannot communicate in english.
    Key word "cannot"! Many "choose" not to speak English although they were taught/learned the language. I find it disrespectful for a citizen to choose not to use English for business and public communication. I don't think business documents should come with translations into several different languages...including voting ballots!
    "Remember the Alamo!"

LOL, come on down to Arizona and get a real dose of reality.
    I have been to Arizona and I was raised in New Mexico I think I probably have been exposed to illegals for a long time - long enough to be able to look at them and generally tell which part of Mexico or South America they are from. Lets not confuse illegals with Americans that look hispanic.

Dose of reality? How about Mexican Nationals that invovled in:
    Murder
    DUI
    Drugs
    Child abuse
    Rape
    Theft
    Identiy Theft
    Voter Fraud
    Subversion
    I have news for you, you don't have to go to Arizona to find that anymore it all right where we all live.

Just because you work at the border and say you work for the Border Partol, doesn't make your every opinion about this correct. I have been on the border, and I know Mexican Nationals that spreak perfect English. I also know some that speak no English. You want to pick up small numbers to make your point. Lets say that the MAJORITY of illegals in this country do not speak English. The Majority of the non English speakers in this country are illegal. One of the requirements to become a citizen of this country is to read, write and speak English.
    Furthermore:
    As I’ve said, we’ve got US born citizens that don’t speak English and illegal aliens that speak better English then most posters on this site. And we’re not talking a few, but hundreds of thousands.
    This little cheap shot is just that, a cheap little shot.

How is it over at Free Republic these days?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    If born in the U.S., most children attend public school. You must pass a graduation exam, containing English proficiency in order to graduate.
    If going through the legal system an immigrant is required to take proficiency exam for English. So if a citizen born here CAN NOT speak English, obviously this person did not attend school. If a person immigrated here and passed the exam for citizenship, then that person CHOOSES not to speak English. Maybe many on the border CHOOSE not to speak English, whether or not citizens. So I see what you are saying about they CHOOSE not to speak English so it can't be assumed that a person speaking another language is illegal. But anyone who came to this country to become a citizen and wishes to be patriotic probably CHOOSES to speak English in public. That could be why citizens are suspicious of those speaking another language on a daily basis. I think that may be Exactly why English should be the official language of this country. What a person chooses to speak in their household and on personal level is not my concern. However, when it comes to business and public communication, I feel English should be the one. We are spending a lot of money hiring translators for every company with an 800 number.....so why do people refuse to practice their English? When I visited Mexico, I practiced my Spanish. When I visited France, I practiced my Frendch. ETC...
    I'm 100% for Federal and State Governments operating in English only as well as our public schools.

However, if a person wishes to open a business, give the business an ethnic name and cater to folks of that ethnicity and only speak a foreign language in that business, that's his or her right.

If you don't like it, don't spend your more at that business; and don’t harass the owner.
    <div>&ldquo;No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.* You win the war, by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country&rdquo;</div>
    <div>--General George Patton, Jr.</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    Lets not confuse illegals with Americans that look hispanic.
    I'm not, but allot of folks on the internet sure are.

Dose of reality? How about Mexican Nationals that invovled in:
    Murder
    DUI
    Drugs
    Child abuse
    Rape
    Theft
    Identiy Theft
    Voter Fraud
    Subversion.
    What about them? If they are committing crimes, arrest, convict and jail them. No different then if a US Citizen was doing it.

How is it over at Free Republic these days
    You tell me; it’s obvious you’ve been there lately.
    <div>&ldquo;No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.* You win the war, by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country&rdquo;</div>

Marineinspector,

I'm dying to call ICE and report the illegals living next door to me and one of my points to ICE was going to be that they don't speak english, not a word ever comes from their property. I guess that's not a deciding factor in an investigation of legality?

BUT, if I add to that the fact that they keep a loaded revolver in their garage (I have seen it twice and it's a felony under federal law for illegals), have strangers (people that don't live at the house) coming and going at all hours (and even have strange, non-english speaking mexicans living in their garage for weeks at a time) and have constant police calls to their residence (even hourly on-premesis checks lately), what do you think my chances are of having them, at least, investigated for being here illegally?
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Quote Originally Posted by Nomoremex
    I'm dying to call ICE and report the illegals living next door to me and one of my points to ICE was going to be that they don't speak english, not a word ever comes from their property. I guess that's not a deciding factor in an investigation of legality?

BUT, if I add to that the fact that they keep a loaded revolver in their garage (I have seen it twice and it's a felony under federal law for illegals), have strangers (people that don't live at the house) coming and going at all hours (and even have strange, non-english speaking mexicans living in their garage for weeks at a time) and have constant police calls to their residence (even hourly on-premesis checks lately), what do you think my chances are of having them, at least, investigated for being here illegally?
    Document everything; take photos is you can, without drawing attention to yourself, write down plate numbers off of the vehicles, and anything else you can think of. If you know they are violating city or state laws, write down the violation dates and times, and the codes they violated. Make very good notes.

Once you get a nice large file, make copies and take them in person to ICE and the local police. Let them know that if no action is taken, you will go to the press and your State Reps.

If you give them something to work with, they will most likely act on it. But if they don't, then let them know you’re not going away and you'll go public. No agency likes bad publicity.

Excellent advice marineinspector. I have been logging all the lic numbers that frequent their residence lately and am gathering all the evidence I can as you said. I also have a very good digital camera that I use to photograph them and their 'visitors' without being noticed.

I was just hoping that ICE would take my suspicion as it is and do something about it before it's too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomoremex
    I was just hoping that ICE would take my suspicion as it is and do something about it before it's too late?
    ICE is very short on manpower and resources, so you'll have to do the intital leg work. The hope is, one of the vehicles being linked to another case they may be working on. That's why the plates are so important.

Also, if you call, they can completely ignore it. If you are there in person, it's harder to ignore. Also, if you can, record your conversation with ICE and the PD.

I spoke to the local ICE office agents and they told me that I HAD to call the hotline ONLY with any info I had on illegals. THEN if the information was deemed worthy it would be directed to them to take action.

They don't do anything locally on their own and are directed through the washington office so it may not do any good to go to the ICE office in person with anything unless I live in Washington DC?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast