Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latin America to Protest U.S. Bill

Latin America to protest US bill
    A Mexican and his grandson look through the US-Mexico border fence in Tijuana
    The US wants tighter security along the Mexican border
    Officials from 11 Latin American countries have agreed a co-ordinated lobbying campaign against a tougher immigration bill in the US.

At a meeting in Colombia they said they were concerned about the bill, being debated in the US Senate, and wanted jointly to promote Hispanic migration.

The US proposal backs a 1,130-km (700-mile) fence on the Mexican border.

Washington has accused Mexico of not doing enough to stem the flow of illegal immigrants into the US.

Correspondents say that every day an estimated 1,500 Latin Americans, mostly Mexicans, cross into the US illegally.

Campaign

The 11 countries meeting in the seaside resort city of Cartagena were Mexico, the Central American nations, plus Colombia, Ecuador and the Dominican Republic.

Officials decided to send a mission to Washington next week to identify key US lawmakers on the immigration debate, Salvadoran Foreign Minister Francisco Lainez said.

Latin American governments would urge US legislators to change or defeat the bill that has already been passed by the US House of Representatives.

The lobbying campaign will use all diplomatic channels, as well as churches, charities and chambers of commerce, officials said.

President George W Bush has stressed that "border security must adapt to the nation's changing needs".

But Colombian Foreign Minister Carolina Barco said it was essential for Americans to understand how much Hispanic workers contributed to the economy.

The US bill also covers the use of troops and police to halt migrants, and tighter employment controls.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4712794.stm

PLEASE, before I completely lose it..............someone explain to me how a Foreign Government can LOBBY the US Congess?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

With money

I'll say it if no one else will F*** Mexico!!!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LEGALLY

I don't give a rat's ass how many foreign goverments send lobbyists or attorneys or any other scum sucking cockroaches to oppose border security -- this is OUR COUNTRY and I'm not going out with a whimper. I'm going kicking and holllering.
    Don't buy into the brainwashing. Remember American ingenuity?
    Remember our forefathers? Remember the Alamo? Remember Flight 93?
    Remember how we kicked fascists butts after Pearl Harbor?

Don't they teach American history in schools anymore????

We didn't descend from a bunch of lily-livered whimps. WE"RE ON THE RIGHT SIDE.
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

Hey they dont want them back in their country either

Look guys........I could be 100% wrong here but I believe that a FOREIGN GOVERNMENT lobbying our Congress is ILLEGAL and unconstitutional.

That's my point and we should not allow that to happen without making a huge collective noise.

If I'm right then there is Judicial Watch and several other groups that might be willing to tackle it, especially with the brazen admission in print.

If I remember right didn't Clinton get into some trouble over the Chinesse
    doing the same thing

2ndAmendSis, I saw the attorney who will be arguing AGAINST the Mexican government's claim. He appreared to be an intelligent and articulate guy. So maybe they can file a lawsuit, but the attorney I saw seemed to think the Mexicans wouldn't have a chance. Time will tell, but it won't matter if we can muster a million Americans on the border.
    That's what Savage has been promoting on the radio.

As for lobbying the Congress, who's got more clout remains to be seen.
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast