Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latino in America part 2

It's on right now and the opening story goes straight to the old smypathy tugging example of 'Oh the poor children'.

((I wish we had a real time chat room.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I watched it for awhile but had to change channels. Too much polishing on the subject of Latino's. This one is about Pico Rivera Cali and how they just filled in as Americans were leaving the area. Which is now 92%Hispanic community. Most of these Illegal aliens aren't even Latino! How many are really from Latin America? Hispanic,yes.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I think the Heritage Day in Shenandoah, PA is stupid. People should only fly an American flag and focus on being on good American. I think it stupid for people whose ancestors came from countries 100 or 200 years ago to fly flags of their ancestors. Some of my ancestors were Spanish conqusitadors and I would never think about flying of Spain in this country.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

I'm glad they interviewed the founder of Save Shenandoah. He did bring up the point that illegals often do take away jobs from black Americans.

I rode my motorcycle through Shenandoah backin the 70's, stopped for a bite to eat and it was a great town. Of course back then there were no invaders changing the status quo. How anyone can even suggest that to protect what has been built by your forbearers is racist really pisses me off. It's as if someone likes what you have achieved but rather than achieve it for themselves they just take it from you. Then when the original owners complain they're called racists!

Can I go to Mayor Bloombergs home and say "Wow this is nice, I deserve to live here too."

note: status quo is sometimes a very good thing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think the following American Hispanics/Latinos should have been interviewed

-Col Al. Rodriguez
    Igancio "Nacho" Ramos and his family
    Jose Compean and his family
    Lupe Moreno founder of Latinos for Immigration Reform
    Raymond Herrera- Minuteman

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    I rode my motorcycle through Shenandoah backin the 70's, stopped for a bite to eat and it was a great town. Of course back then there were no invaders changing the status quo. How anyone can even suggest that to protect what has been built by your forbearers is racist really pisses me off. It's as if someone likes what you have achieved but rather than achieve it for themselves they just take it from you. Then when the original owners complain they're called racists!

Can I go to Mayor Bloombergs home and say "Wow this is nice, I deserve to live here too."

II can understand the people of that town feeling a bit uneasy about people with a different culture that look different from them moving into to their town, I mean it is their home. The Latino new-comers have to understand this and make an effort to create a dialog with the by and large White population to understand why they're uneasy and upset. Some sort of town hall meeting between both people perhaps, with an unbiased mediator of course. Each side expresses their feelings and thoughts. We're not gonna get anywhere with the childish name calling by both sides. We're adults for crying out loud, we should handle ourselves like such.

Quote Originally Posted by xfighter

II can understand the people of that town feeling a bit uneasy about people with a different culture that look different from them moving into to their town, I mean it is their home. The Latino new-comers have to understand this and make an effort to create a dialog with the by and large White population to understand why they're uneasy and upset. Some sort of town hall meeting between both people perhaps, with an unbiased mediator of course. Each side expresses their feelings and thoughts. We're not gonna get anywhere with the childish name calling by both sides. We're adults for crying out loud, we should handle ourselves like such.
    The illegals are only trying to "make nice" to further their goals. Beneath their refusals to assimilate are cultural beliefs that white and black Americans do not belong on their continent and that we are to blame for their current positions in poverty as well as the rape and genocide of their ancestors.

If you want to make things even with them you can give and give until you have nothing left and the only thing left that will quell that kind of deep rooted anger and hatred is for you to leave the continent or offer up your throat.

W

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by "xfighter
    The uneasy feeling has nothing to do with skin color nor is it a latino only issue. It has to do with the refusal of any newcomers to assimilate, to fit in with the town. It has to do with any newcomers demanding things they have not earned nor worked for. It has to do with not obeying our laws. It has to do with demands that we accept their cultures..in our country. You're in the US now, don't make demands and assimilate. Keep the good parts of your culture and tell us about them, who knows, we may adopt them too. Get rid of the bad parts of your culture, we have enough criminals to deal with, we don't need more.

Look at the father who ran his own daughter over because he thought she was too "westernized". This is not acceptable in the US, if he didn't like "westernization" he was more than free to leave. Read all the stories of men raping children. This is not acceptable in the US, even though it may be acceptable in some cultures. Here in the US, NO means NO. Females are worth more than the price of a cow, deal with it.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seem to think that there are no white latinos? The US is called the melting pot because different cultures have assimilated together.

In closing, been there, done that, took some time but I did assimilate and I'm still able to celebrate and honor my heritage. That's the beauty of the US.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by xfighter

The illegals are only trying to "make nice" to further their goals. Beneath their refusals to assimilate are cultural beliefs that white and black Americans do not belong on their continent and that we are to blame for their current positions in poverty as well as the rape and genocide of their ancestors.

If you want to make things even with them you can give and give until you have nothing left and the only thing left that will quell that kind of deep rooted anger and hatred is for you to leave the continent or offer up your throat.

W
    But couldn't you make the argument that many Blacks in this country have similar resentment towards Whites considering our past? They may harbor these feelings deep down inside, but it doesn't stop them from engaging with Whites on a day to day level even at a personal level as friends. There are many hispanics in my area, and I'd hate to think that all these friendly encounters with them have been nothing but BS. That once I turn by back around, they hate me for what I am. I find it really hard to believe they'd want me out of "their" land after having gotten to know me. Sure, like Blacks, they may feel that they're ancestors were somehow robbed of something, but it doesn't mean we can't win them over, by, you know, talking and creating friendships?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast