Quote Originally Posted by mummy
Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
Quote Originally Posted by xfighter
Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
Sure, like Blacks, they may feel that they're ancestors were somehow robbed of something, but it doesn't mean we can't win them over, by, you know, talking and creating friendships?
WE need to win THEM over? So you agree with them that their ancestors were robbed of something by the U.S., we are guilty of course, they are here to "reclaim" what we stole, and we have to try to win them over so they can forgive us? You cannot be serious. We don't want to win them over, we want them to get out.

You believe their line that they are "victims" of the U.S. just like blacks. You have actually bought into their attempt to hijack the Civil Rights movement, and claim their history in the U.S. is equivalent to blacks in the U.S. It sounds like you have bought their rationalization for the invasion.

Good thing you're here. Maybe you have known on some level how ridiculous all that sounds.
Excuse me if I implied that I believe they were robbed of something. I said "they may feel that they're ancestors were SOMEHOW robbed of something" meaning that I don't know exactly what it is, if anything, that they were robbed of.

Here's the point I'm trying to make, and it's an important one. If it is true that many believe that we owe them something, what are we supposed to do? Deport them? How are we going to deport them if many are probably already legal citizens or were born here?? huh? We can deport illegals, but what about all the Hispanic citizens? Many of them are moving into these small towns and no one can do anything about it because they're citizens. We need to create a dialog and understand each other and make our complaints known. What better place to start this "dialog" then in these small towns. They're here to stay so we need to learn to live with each other. You don't want to see this nation spiral into chaos do you???
Here is where you go wrong. It has been my experience here in So. Calif. that many of these legal Hispanic citizens support this illegal invasion because most of them are ethnically like themselves. How do you create a dialog between them when they hold such anti-American, anti-laws views? I have no desire to become friendly with ethnocentric racists. Granted they aren't all like that but unfortunately far too many are.
That is the same situation with African Americans, isn't it so? I don't mean to say that they are racist, but many are ethnocentric, that's for sure.

Not long ago our first lady had something to say about her love for our country.
It is a whole different ball of wax when one allows their ethnocentrism to trump our laws and advocates for the illegal invasion of our country just because the invaders are ethnically like themselves.

IMO, our first lady exposed herself when she made the statement after her husband was either nominated or elected as president by saying "for the first time I am proud to be an American". So she wasn't proud to be an American prior to that?