Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: LIVE STREAM: President Trump addresses Congress - 2/28/2017

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I don't know. I guess I missed the statement about illegal immigration. I didn't hear that. I don't think Trump is going to do or wants to do what they were saying earlier today. I think that was a Fake News story, where they misunderstood something, or he was schmoozing over the lunch going yada, yada. I just don't know.

To me, there is no way based on this speech, Jamiel Shaw's dad, the wife of the police officer, slain by illegal aliens, that Trump will ever break his promise to US.

We must keep the pressure on and make sure he knows it matters, and not just matter a little bit, but matters so much that it's a deal breaker, it's a walk away from the table issue, it's 1 term or 2 terms, it's being one of the greatest Presidents in the history of our country or it's being one of the most despised by the very people who elected you.

No deals, no "bills", no "legalization", no "permits to stay", no "work permits", no deferred action, no nothing. Just enforce the law as it's written and deport all these people who are here illegally as rapidly as humanly possible.
    Judy, it was one sentence and it just flew by. He just said something about working together to solve a long problem. I assumed it was illegal immigration since it came during that time.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Motivated View Post
    Roy Beck's take: Media hype about pivot to amnesty untrue but illegal DACA must end. Congress makes law, not executive branch. New Pres. doesn’t change that.
    Yes Motivated, DACA must end.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    To me, it wasn't exciting tonight. My heart was not in it. It was a good speech however, and so good to see Jamiel Shaw and others whose loved ones were killed by illegal aliens.

To see Ryan Owens' widow, Karen, was touching, her face streaming with tears and looking upward toward heaven.
    I believe the CORRUPT MEDIA spoiled our whole mind-set for the speech. Motivated says Roy Beck's take is "media hype about pivot to amnesty untrue". After hearing the speech, I believe Bret Baier and Wolf Blitzer tried to PUNK US, and I must say they did. I'll never trust a word out of their mouths again. Fox News even Chris Wallace are raving about the speech. We didn't enjoy it so much because of the FAKE NEWS that shortly preceded it. What a shame. Brit Hume said it was the best speech he's heard and the best moment of the 40 years he's been covering these speeches was the moment of Ryan Owen's wife.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy, it was one sentence and it just flew by. He just said something about working together to solve a long problem. I assumed it was illegal immigration since it came during that time.
    Oh I heard that, GeorgiaPeach. He didn't use the words illegal immigration. Yes, I took that mean that he's going to end it, once and for all, not by "legalization", that's not a solution to this type of problem, but by removal, quickly and quietly, just like he's doing. It takes a ramp up and a plan, but things are already in motion. He's going act and solve it and that requires deportation, Trump knows that, he's going "manage", with priorities first but his priorities are virtually the whole lot of them. He's already issued the executive orders and memos on this, and Trump never backs down. He'll finish the job. Now he said during the campaign, after all those are out, the criminals, the law breakers even minor ones, the visa-overstays, the welfare users, those stealing jobs, etc., etc., etc. that are on his lists, in future years, they'll decide what to do with those left. But I don't think there will be any left by the rules he's set. We'll see.

We need to keep the pressure on about the DACA's. That must end so this whole question-mark which is becoming a stain on his Presidency ends.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-28-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I must admit, after all the negative immigration hype we've heard all afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised. I still don't think we're out of the woods yet, but we did escape the bullet we were convinced was coming. Maybe Trump never intended on saying the things we heard today, or maybe there was a last minute direction change. Whatever the case, I'm just happy we don't have to hit the sack feeling disappointed and disgusted tonight.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It is disheartening to have your hopes dashed by the drip, drip, drip of amnesty talk when we believed our immigration laws would be enforced And DACA amnesty would end.

To have Terry McAuliffe be the one to announce to us the amnesty plan to keep DACA in place was insulting. Then to talk to a bunch of reporters, Wolf Blitzer, CNN, others, about "dreamer" amnesty and possible citizenship for some illegal aliens after all of the support from American citizens opposed to amnesty was terrible.

If the President wants America First, the amnesty talk must cease. DACA must end.

Laura Ingraham must believe immigration reform is coming. She mentions safety, focus on jobs first, then talk about the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I must admit, after all the negative immigration hype we've heard all afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised. I still don't think we're out of the woods yet, but we did escape the bullet we were convinced was coming. Maybe Trump never intended on saying the things we heard today, or maybe there was a last minute direction change. Whatever the case, I'm just happy we don't have to hit the sack feeling disappointed and disgusted tonight.

MW, thank you for a positive ending to a rather unsettling day.

Bing! Bing! Bing! I like that, Judy.

I don't know that Republicans and Democrats can agree on immigration legislation. Luis Gutierrez wants them all to stay. Dick Durbin will as well. Republicans may cobble together enough Democrats however. Hopefully it will all blow up. Maybe events will happen to discourage any rewards for any illegal aliens.
    Is it possible that Trump in his art of the deal way of thinking set Wolf and Bret up to go out with this to get the very negative reaction it caused to convince Ryan and the other idiots in Congress that there will be no deal on illegal aliens if anyone wants to keep their job and win a re-election? Was that Trumpism calling on US in his way through the CORRUPT MEDIA to get the BLOWBACK to stop Tillis and Ryan and McCain and Graham dead in their tracks??!!! That was in the back of my mind but wow, to do that on the eve of his speech and rile US all up to fight him to fight them? It's possible. It seems to me that must be what it was OR they just didn't understand idle schmooze yada yada talk over lunch and not only jumped the gun, they jumped the tracks. So now they look totally stupid.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-28-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Ted Cruz is being asked about immigration by Brett Baier. He talked about his trip to the border.

The more I think about it, I think that's what he did. He planted this to get the blowback so amnesty Republicans would see the outcome of any efforts to try to pin him down to some amnesty agreement in exchange for his tax plan or an infrastructure budget or the wall funding or whatever they, not he, but they might be trying to leverage against him in exchange for his agreeing to some type of amnesty for some portion of illegal aliens.

Well, they all need to know straight up, "the base" will not only be upset, we'll go nuclear and throw the whole lot of you out of DC in 2018 and 2020.

I must say though I would have appreciated a little warning for this battle. I'm a wreck!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast