Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

48 arrested in I-70 patrol sweep
    ICE-deputized troopers round up suspected illegal immigrants
    By Kirk Mitchell Denver Post Staff Writer
    Article Last Updated: 08/01/2007 01:11:49 AM MDT

Recently trained Colorado troopers arrested 48 suspected illegal immigrants in a sweep along Interstate 70 on Tuesday near the Eisenhower Tunnel, officials said.

"That's a good big number for us," said Jeff Copp, federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement district chief based in Denver.

It was the first roundup by Colorado State Patrol officers deputized by ICE to process suspected illegal immigrants.

In the joint operation between ICE and the State Patrol, three cars were stopped for traffic violations and a fourth was stranded beside the road, said state Master Trooper Ron Watkins.

All of the immigrants who were detained were from Mexico, ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok said. An infant who is a U.S. citizen was with one family of illegal immigrants, Rusnok said. The baby was to return to Mexico on Tuesday, he said.

The cars had as many as 15 people inside, Rusnok said.

State troopers began at 9 a.m. to look for possible illegal immigrants on I-70 between the Eisenhower Tunnel and Vail Pass.

Troopers could stop cars only for traffic violations, Watkins said. When they suspected that occupants of the cars might be illegal immigrants, they investigated further.

The suspected illegal immigrants will be taken to an Aurora detention center before they are deported to their home countries, Copp said.

The Colorado State Patrol unit of about 25 troopers completed training at the beginning of July, Watkins said.

They were trained by federal agents to operate under the authority of ICE, Copp said. The training is part of a national program to fight illegal immigration.

Staff writer Kirk Mitchell can be reached at 303-954-1206 or kmitchell@denverpost.com.

http://origin.denverpost.com/immigration/ci_6511674

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Oh, so sad!!!!

Good article. Maybe I should make copies and hand them out for free in my town!!!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey, who has the firecrackers!? Seems like a good time to light them off!

Loved this translation of the spanish press. Got a lot from it.
    Anytime, Rhino

It makes the hair standup on my neck everytime I hear them refer to the United States as "OUR COUNTRY" as if WE are the offenders and THEIR country is under seige.....
    It does stick a wrong chord, doesn't it. However, the author of this editorial is an American by the name of Al McGregor(editor of De Hecho)

Maybe he speaks English, what do you think?

almc@solidfuture.net
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Good! I'm glad they're uncomfortable, now maybe they'll get the heck out of here!! No more free rides!
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    Hey, who has the firecrackers!? Seems like a good time to light them off!
    I think they are only talking about the situation in Colorado.

We still have to worry about DC trying to pass the Dream and AgJob bills. I won't be celebrating until Bush and Kennedy are out of office.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is more than clear that the system in the United States doesn't want the undocumented immigrants. According to colleague Hastings, this is caused in large part by the lack of an immigration reform.
    Right in that the system doesn't want illegal aliens here in the U.S. (undocumented? Ha! Illegal aliens is what they are, undocumented is a manipulation and nothing true to the point).

Wrong in that this is caused in large part by the lack of an immigration reform. The real reason is becuase the citizens of the U.S. don't want our country overran with illegal lawbreaking scum. Think about all of the murders (in the tens of thousands) that have been committed by ILLEGAL ALIENS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DcSA

Great work thanks

Rockfish saw a great word in the GAO report (could not believe it) It was used to describe illegals who's status had not been varified. unauthorized aliens.

It would make sense like when you read that article that says they spoke spanish and had no drivers license or insurance they are unauthorized. When the Feds show up two months later and confirm they are illegal they are illegal ailens
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

From the August 2 broadcast of KMGH's 7News at 5 a.m.:

JIM HOOLEY (co-anchor): Colorado state troopers newly trained to focus on illegal immigrants arrest 48 alleged illegal immigrants. The arrests came after traffic stops along I-70 earlier this week. Immigrations Customs Enforcement tells us all of the women and the children were deported back to Mexico; the remaining men now are being held in detention. And the raid has caused some members of the Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition to question the arrest. They are concerned about certain races perhaps being targeted for the traffic stops. In the meantime today, a prayer vigil was held last night for those affected by the raids. They want those raids to stop, saying that the raids are terrorizing people and breaking up families. These members of the Immigrant Rights Coalition will like to see tax dollars spent on education and health care.

From the August 1 broadcast of KMGH's 7News at 10 p.m.:

ANNE TRUJILLO (co-anchor): An immigration raid along I-70 in the Eisenhower Tunnel leads to 48 arrests. Immigration Customs Enforcement tells us all of the women and children were deported to Mexico; the remaining men are being held in detention. Now, "New at 10" on 7News, it's because of that raid and others that a group decided to hold a prayer vigil tonight at Denver's inner-city parish. They want the raids to stop, saying the raids are terrorizing people and breaking up families. These members of the Immigrant Rights Coalition would like to see tax dollars spent on education and health care.

From the August 1 broadcast of KDVR Fox 31's Good Day Colorado:

HEMMAT: State troopers crack down on illegal immigration, making dozens of busts along I-70 yesterday. Immigration officers recently trained the troopers to process suspected illegal immigrants. The Denver Post reports the troopers arrested 46 suspected illegal immigrants yesterday on I-70 near the Eisenhower Tunnel. All of the suspects are from Mexico; they are going to a detention center in Aurora, then they will be deported. Meanwhile, border-crossing deaths are on the rise this summer. This year, 155 people have died trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border. That's up 22 percent from last year.

As the Post reported on August 1, "Recently trained Colorado troopers arrested 48 suspected illegal immigrants in a sweep along Interstate 70 on Tuesday near the Eisenhower Tunnel, officials said." The article continued:

"That's a good big number for us," said Jeff Copp, federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement district chief based in Denver.

It was the first roundup by Colorado State Patrol officers deputized by ICE to process suspected illegal immigrants.

All of the immigrants who were detained were from Mexico, ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok said. An infant who is a U.S. citizen was with one family of illegal immigrants, Rusnok said. The baby was to return to Mexico on Tuesday, he said.

State Rep. Dave Schultheis, R-Colorado Springs, said he was "cautiously encouraged" by news that illegal immigration may be down.

"I think it's more of a perception that Colorado is tough on illegals," he said. "We need to continue our efforts to toughen up our laws and keep up with other states, like Arizona and Georgia, that are working to pass strict legislation to curb illegal immigration."

http://colorado.mediamatters.org/items/200708030002

State Rep. Dave Schultheis, R-Colorado Springs, said he was "cautiously encouraged" by news that illegal immigration may be down.

"I think it's more of a perception that Colorado is tough on illegals," he said. "We need to continue our efforts to toughen up our laws and keep up with other states, like Arizona and Georgia, that are working to pass strict legislation to curb illegal immigration."
    Good news for America. It's about time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast