Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks April

Thanks April.

MW
    You obviously want to make this a tit for tat, tancredofan. That was not my intention, I was just telling the good people of ALIPAC a couple things that worried me about Tancredo. It would appear as if some of your intent was to puff up Tancredo at Hunter's expense. Hunter is an extremely well-rounded candidate, whereas I don't think Tancredo is.

I didn't bring up the voting records because there are many reasons someone may vote a certain way that we aren't aware of. As for Tancredo making an excellent Commander-In-Chief, I don't personally see where you can justify such a remark because he has absolutely no experience in or with the military. Bottom line, he avoided a war where thousands of young men gave their lives because they answered the call to duty! If Tancredo claimed mental illness then, what makes you think he won't do the same thing during a crisis if elected President? Hunter actually dropped out of college to join! He was a volunteer, not a draftee, whereas Tancredo avoided being drafted by claiming a mental disorder. Hunter was awarded the Bronze Star for his heroic service to his country. He answered the call to duty, didn't wait to be drafted. Not only did he answer the call, he served in one of the most dangerous outfits - the 173rd Airborne Brigade and the 75th Army Rangers!

Excerpt from Reuters.com:

"Service in the military provides perspective on war, perspective on sacrifice," said University of Denver political -science professor Tom Knecht. "To the extent that we're losing that, that might be kind of a problem."

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... 22&sp=true

A Commander-In-Chief needs a perspective on war and the sacrifice that our young men and women must make in the service of their country. President Bill Clinton didn't have it, neither does George Bush, nor will Tom Tancredo. As a twenty year active duty military veteran (retired in 1997), I know a little bit about the subject. Furthermore, I believe Duncan Hunter son volunteered to serve a couple tours in Iraq too. I say the Hunter family knows about sacrifice.

As for questioning Hunter's voting record - well, his voting record almost matches Tancredo's down the line. Okay, so he had two votes you don't like. We'll that's two votes out of how many? Truth be known, those are the only two votes that he and Tancredo didn't vote the same on where border security and illegal immigration is concerned. Personally, I think those two votes are small potatoes when you compare the two candidates overall suitability for President of the United States.

For the first session of the 109th Congress that met in 2005, Duncan Hunter received a grade of "C+" and a score of "56%" from the National Taxpayers Union (NTU). On the other hand, Tom Tancredo received a grade of "A" and a score of "80%". Tom Tancredo received a a "Taxypayers Friend Award" from the NTU. Duncan Hunter did not. Tom Tancredo tied with two other representatives for the third highest score among all four hundred thirty-five representatives.
    Sorry, you're guilty of cherry picking here! Why not list the records of the two for every session in each Congress the two have served in? If you were to do that, I'm sure both candidates would come out very closely aligned - just as they do on their overall voting record!

Americans For Better Immigration give Tancredo a B+ carrer in reducing unnecessary visas foreign workers, Hunter scored a B (sounds pretty close to me). Both genlemen have an A+ carrer in all other categories.

Those rating mean very little in the scheme of things between these two candidates. Heck, I can list some ratings for Hunter too:

A+ National Rifle Association (Tancredo B+)
    100% Eagle Forum
    100% National Right to Life
    92% Lifetime rating, American Conservative Union
    100% Concerned Women for America
    100% Christian Coalition
    100% Campaign for Working Families

Some recent accomplishments of Duncan Hunter:

- Sponsored legislation transferring control of the Mount Soledad Memorial to the federal government. This transfer stopped the ACLU cold in their attempt to have it torn down.

- Wrote legislation to free Ramos and Compeon.

- Wrote the The Secure Fence Act which was signed into law. The bill calls for an 854-mile double layered fence, high speed road between layers, cameras, and lighting.

- Coauthored the Border Tunnel Prevention Act, legislation criminalizing the construction and use of border tunnels to illegally enter the United States.

What has Tancredo done done lately?

I want a true fiscal conservative as president. Tom Tancredo is a true fiscal conservative. Duncan Hunter is not.
    Says who?

Tom Tancredo told his constituents before he was elected to his third term that he might run for a fourth term. He basically told them that it was important that his voice as a leader in the fight against illegal immigration continue to remain in Congress. He was easily re-elected to a third term and a fourth term. You say that it brings his integrity into question. The people of his district that continue to re-elect him disagree with you.
    Yes, I say that brings his integrity into question. He lied, there is no hiding that fact. He said one thing to get his foot in the door, once you're in - it's not so hard to stay there. Just ask one of the many in the U.S. Congress that have been there for years and years.

The subject of the situation with regard to Vietnam was used by his primary opponents when he was elected to Congress in 1998.
    Okay, what's your point? It was true, and a little internet research will prove that.

Look, I wasn't attempting to get in a battle with you over who is this and who is that. What I was attempting to do was share my reason for making Tancredo my second choice and Hunter my first. Geez, at least Tancredo remains my second choice.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tancredo was the clear favorite at Pres. forum yesterday!

Hello,

I was at the Presidential forum yesterday and the clear winner was Tom Tancredo! Even though he spoke 5th and people were pretty tired by then since each candidate spoke for 30 minutes - Tom Tancredo energized the crowd and he received TWO standing ovations from 90-95% of the approx. 850 people who were there. This was way better than any other candidate got.

And after the forum almost everyone was at his booth getting information and stickers and only a few people were at the other booths. He really won over the crowd!

In addition to giving money to Tom's campaign - other things people could do is request literature from Tom's campaign and start handing it out to your friends, family and go to your local GOP meeting and hand out his literature (you'll be surprised at how many GOP members have never heard of Tom Tancredo). Ron Paul has a very strong grassroots movement who hands out literature, wears Ron Paul T-shirts and has 392 meetup groups! http://www.meetup.com/topics/polact/ So please start a Tom Tancredo Meetup group in your area if you can - we need a strong grassroots effort also to help him overcome the MSM bias. Thanks!

April

Re: Tancredo was the clear favorite at Pres. forum yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    Hello,

I was at the Presidential forum yesterday and the clear winner was Tom Tancredo! Even though he spoke 5th and people were pretty tired by then since each candidate spoke for 30 minutes - Tom Tancredo energized the crowd and he received TWO standing ovations from 90-95% of the approx. 850 people who were there. This was way better than any other candidate got.

And after the forum almost everyone was at his booth getting information and stickers and only a few people were at the other booths. He really won over the crowd!

In addition to giving money to Tom's campaign - other things people could do is request literature from Tom's campaign and start handing it out to your friends, family and go to your local GOP meeting and hand out his literature (you'll be surprised at how many GOP members have never heard of Tom Tancredo). Ron Paul has a very strong grassroots movement who hands out literature, wears Ron Paul T-shirts and has 392 meetup groups! http://www.meetup.com/topics/polact/ So please start a Tom Tancredo Meetup group in your area if you can - we need a strong grassroots effort also to help him overcome the MSM bias. Thanks!
    Tom is so genuine!!! He is the real deal! That is why he is so appealing!

JAK

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Hello,

Tom is so genuine!!! He is the real deal! That is why he is so appealing!
    TANCREDO FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008!!

We can't leave this issue to chance that is for sure...and he is the ONLY candidate making these kind of comments!

THIS IS OUR CULTURE...FIGHT FOR IT!!
    THIS IS OUR FLAG...PICK IT UP!!
    THIS IS OUR COUNTRY...TAKE IT BACK!!!

This man is the RIGHT man for the job!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hello,

That was QUITE impressive. I have never heard Tom orate so well. He was passionate and hard-hitting. Very inspiring, and he certainly inspired that crowd.

I am clueless about the Iowa Caucus process. Can anyone tell me what this means as far as helping his chances for the Iowa Caucus?
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter

MW, this thread had absolutely, positively nothing to do with Duncan Hunter. This thread was about Tom Tancredo's appearance at a presidential candidates forum. However, you would not necessarily have been "threadjacking" if you posted about Duncan Hunter's appearance at that forum, though I believe such comments would have been more appropriate for a separate thread. Instead of posting something about your candidate's appearance at the forum, you chose to attack Rep. Tancredo. In fact, you chose to attack him personally by challenging his integrity. I'm not aware of anyone at any time on this board attacking Duncan Hunter's integrity. I've not attacked Duncan Hunter's integrity in any post I've ever made.

I don't really care why you didn't bring up voting records. You attacked Rep. Tancredo and challenged his integrity.

Veterans of many wars are supporting Rep. Tancredo. Though most of them are well aware of the information that you posted, they believe Rep. Tancredo would make a great president.

I don't believe the two votes I mentioned are "small potatoes". Duncan Hunter deliberately chose to support legislation that would have brought more foreign guestworker nurses to the United States. I'm sure that the American nurses that would have been denied a job because of these foreign guestworker nurses wouldn't consider the legislation to be "small potatoes".

I certainly didn't consider his vote in 1998 to allow firms to lay off American workers to make room for foreign workers to be "small potatoes". Duncan Hunter should have voted to protect American workers, instead of voting to protect the interest of foreign workers.

Below is a list Duncan Hunter's grades, scores (in %) and rank from teh Naitonal Taxpayers Union (NTU) for every year from 1999 until 2006. Those are the years in which Tancredo and Hunter have served together.

In 1999, Duncan received a grade of B-, a score of 55% and a rank of 150. In 2000, Duncan Hunter received a grade of B, a score of 62% and a rank of 115. In 2001, Duncan Hunter received a grade of B+, a score of 68% and a rank of 58. In 2002, Duncan Hunter received a grade of C, a score of 52% and a rank of 197. In 2003, Duncan Hunter received a grade of C, a score of 58% and a rank of 188. In 2004, Duncan Hunter received a score of C+, a score of 56% and a rank of 137. In 2005, Duncan Hunter received a grade of C+, a score of 56% and a rank of 144.
    In 2006, Duncan Hunter received a grade of B, a score of 62% and a rank of 87.

Below is a list of Tom Tancredo's grades, scores (in %) and ranks from the NTU for every year from 1999 until 2006. In 1999, Tom Tancredo received a grade of A, a score of 74% and a rank of 14. In 2000, Tom Tancredo received a grade of A, a score of 76% and a rank of 11. In 2002, Tom Tancredo received a grade of A, a score of 86% and a rank of 3. In 2003, Tom Tancredo received a grad of A, a score of 84% and a rank of 4. In 2004, Tom Tancredo received a grade of A, a score of 81% and a rank of 12. In 2005, Tom Tancredo received a grade of A, a score of 80% and a rank of 5. In 2006, Tom Tancredo received a grade of A, a score of 76% and a rank of 21.

Tom Tancredo has received a "Taxypayer Friend Award" for his votes in 1999, 2000, 2001, 20002, 2003, 2004 and 2005. The NTU has not yet listed the winners for 2006 votes if that award has been given for that year. That award is given to those congressmen that have demonstrated that they are "one of the strongest supporters of responsible tax and spending policies". Duncan Hunter has never won the award.

Tom Tancredo has received an "A" from the NTU every year he has been in Congress. During the time that Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter have served in Congress, the lowest rank that Tom Tancredo has achieved from the NTU is twenty-first and he has been ranked as high as third. During that time, the highest rank that Duncan Hunter has achieved is if fifty-eighth and the lowest he has received is one hundred ninety-seventh. There have been many Democrats that have received better grades and achieved higher rankings than Duncan Hunter during the time Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter have served in Congress.

The NTU data demonstrates that there are significant differences between Tom Tancredo with regard to the tax and spending policies they support. Their voting records are not "closely aligned" on tax and spedning policies.

Duncan Hunter has a lifetime rating of 92.0 from the American Conservative Union. Tom Tancredo has a lifetime rating of 97.8 from the American Conservative Union.

Below is a listing of Tom Tancredo's ratings. It comes from his presidential campaign website, just as your ratings for Duncan Hunter come from his presidential campaign website.

Voting Record
    American Conservative Union A+
    National Right to Life Committee A
    National Rifle Association A
    Family Research Council A
    National Taxpayers Union A
    Americans for Better Immigration A+
    National Federation of
    Independent Business A+

"What has Tancredo done done lately?"

Rep. Tancredo was an original cosponsor of H.R.6061, the Secure Fence Act of 2006. He became a cosponsor of that legislation on September 13, 2006, the exact same day as Duncan Hunter. The legislation was sponsored by Rep. Peter King.

With regard to the Border Tunnel Prevention Act of 2006 that was sponsored by Rep. David Drier, Tom Tancredo supported Rep. Drier's bill and voted for it. That bill, however, never became law. It was not passed by the United States Senate.

Tom Tancredo visited Ignacio Ramos in prison in Yazoo, Mississippi, to personally check on Ramos' condition shortly after he was beaten. He has stated that his first act as president would be to pardon Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean. He stated in the first presidential debate that he would pardon the agents. A family member of one of the former agents (a father-in-law as I recall) publicly expressed support on the The Terry Anderson Show for Tom Tancedo's efforts to help his imprisoned family member. Tom Tancredo has supported the cause of Ramos and Compean as strongly as any member of Congress.

On June 15, 2007, the House passed an amendment to the Department of Homeland Security appropriations bill to withhold federal emergency-services funding from sanctuary cities that protect illegal aliens. The amendment was sponsored by Tom Tancredo. It is too early to say whether his amendment will be included in a Senate bill.

With regard to your attack on his integrity concerning term limits, I will be posting about that issue in a separate post. The people of Tom Tancredo's district support his reasons for remaining in Congress and appreciate the fact that he told them before his election to his third term that he might seek a fourth term. He overwhelmingly won re-election to both his third and fourth terms in Congress.

I will be voting for the most conservative candidate in the Republican presidential primary. That is Tom Tancredo. It is not Duncan Hunter.

I will be voting for a fiscal conservative. Tom Tancredo is a fiscal conservative. Duncan Hunter is not.

I will not vote for a candidate, Duncan Hunter, who has consistently ranked below many Democrats with regard to his votes on tax and spending issues.

I will most certainly not vote for someone, Duncan Hunter, who voted to allow firms to lay off American workers to make room for foreign workers.

Hello,

Melissa, thanks so much for your report on the events of yesterday in Iowa.

It is fantastic to hear that Rep. Tancredo received such a great response. I truly enjoyed reading about the activity at his booth following the event.

April

BearFlagRepublic wrote:

That was QUITE impressive. I have never heard Tom orate so well. He was passionate and hard-hitting. Very inspiring, and he certainly inspired that crowd.
    It sounds wonderful and it makes me wish I could have been there. GOOOOO TOM!!!!

Iowa

Melissa, please keep udating us on what if happening with the Tancredo campaign in Iowa.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast