Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo is my choice for president. His presence will regain the respect and dignity that has remained lost by the current Bush administration.

I think we all have reasons that resonate with us. Let's face it folks either one of these gentlemen are much better than any Democratic candidate on this issue. They are probably better than any other candidate on this issue of immigration. So I'm not going to try and sabotage either one of them.

I feel Tancredo thought that illegal immigration was a critical issue that needed someone to stay in office and fight it. Do you think we'd all be as aware of this on a national basis if the media hadn't had Tancredo on. He's the only one I've seen interviewed a year before the marches.

On the other hand Hunter got the bill passed for the building of the fence. Tell me one Democratic that has done anything like that. Maybe so, but I'm not aware of any. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's stay focused on our issue and not divide ourselves. We're Americans and have the right to vote for whomever we wish. I believe that any of us will vote for an immigration candidate no matter who they are.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    Tancredo is my choice for president. His presence will regain the respect and dignity that has remained lost by the current Bush administration.
    He would definitely restore respect and dignity to the White House.

I am a huge Tancredo fan. I have met him on several different occassions and have actually spent some one-on-one time with him. I contribute to his campaign, but I also contribute to Hunter's. I am with MW on this one, however. I am leaning towards Duncan at this point. Although, our biggest problem with either of them is electability IMO.

PS- Thanks Melissa for the info. Tis truly great news that he received that kind of response!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Re: Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    I am for Ron Paul, but I find myself moving between each of them.

Tancredo is HUGE against illegal immigration - so to me, that is key.
    Ron Paul, to me, is tough on illegal immigration but seems to have a better sense of what we 'really' need to do in the white house. But I love how tough Tancredo is on illegal immigration.
    Please check out Ron Paul's immigration record: http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=787 . Some of it may disappoint you. Then check out Rep. Tancredo's immigration record: http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=146 . None of it should disappoint you.
    I love Tancredo as well, but Ron Paul is TOTALLY against illegal immigration as well. He bases all his decisions on the constitution and he has legitimate reasons behind his votes. He doesn't accept special interest money from anyone so obviously he's not casting his votes as payback to them.

I too was going back and forth between Tancredo and Paul. But personally, I think Ron Paul has the edge in terms of his constitutional, economics and foreign policy knowledge. I think he goes that extra mile to speak out against the reasons why we were attacked, as well as the loss of our freedoms and his genuine concern about our country evolving into a police state.

I think one thing to consider is this fact: The only Republican who can defeat Hillary is Ron Paul. Think about it: He appeals to people from across the board, therefore he will take away votes from Hillary. No other Republican will be able to do that. The majority of people will NOT vote in another Republican because of Bush. Therefore, if Thompson or Tancredo, or any other candidate gets elected to represent the GOP, Hillary will most certainly become president (which by the way, horrifies more than I can say)

Personally, I would like to see Paul as President and Tancredo as V.P.!

MW
    chloe24 wrote:

The only Republican who can defeat Hillary is Ron Paul.
    I don't agree, but that's just me.............

Hunter's position on trade will resonate with many Democrat voters:

Excerpt:

His Trade Position May Be a "Bug" To Republicans, But It Can Be A "Feature" To Democrats

There is one area in particular where Duncan Hunter departs from the conservative orthodoxy and that's on trade issues. He's neither a fan of free trade agreements like NAFTA and CAFTA, nor does he think we're getting a square deal on trade from China.

Although many Republicans will disagree with Hunter on this issue, many Democrats find themselves nodding their heads in agreement with what he has to say. In important electoral-vote-rich states like Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, Hunter's message will resonate with working class Democrats who might not otherwise vote Republican. That could be the crucial factor that swings an election in our favor in 2008.

All This And He's Socially Conservative, Too

There have been a lot of complaints that the two front-runners for the GOP nomination, John McCain and Rudy Giuliani, have little to offer to social conservatives who are going to have to turn out in 2008 if the GOP has a chance to win.
    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/John ... er_in_2008

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    chloe24 wrote:

The only Republican who can defeat Hillary is Ron Paul.
    I don't agree, but that's just me.............

Hunter's position on trade will resonate with many Democrat voters:

Excerpt:

[quote:3pbzsym6]His Trade Position May Be a "Bug" To Republicans, But It Can Be A "Feature" To Democrats

There is one area in particular where Duncan Hunter departs from the conservative orthodoxy and that's on trade issues. He's neither a fan of free trade agreements like NAFTA and CAFTA, nor does he think we're getting a square deal on trade from China.

Although many Republicans will disagree with Hunter on this issue, many Democrats find themselves nodding their heads in agreement with what he has to say. In important electoral-vote-rich states like Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, Hunter's message will resonate with working class Democrats who might not otherwise vote Republican. That could be the crucial factor that swings an election in our favor in 2008.

All This And He's Socially Conservative, Too

There have been a lot of complaints that the two front-runners for the GOP nomination, John McCain and Rudy Giuliani, have little to offer to social conservatives who are going to have to turn out in 2008 if the GOP has a chance to win.
    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/John ... er_in_2008[/quote:3pbzsym6]

That's interesting, but I just think that there would be more anti-war Dems voting for Paul rather than Dems voting for Hunter because of trade. As it is, there are Dems actually changing their party affiliation to Republican (not without some grimacing mind you!), just so that they can vote for Paul in the primaries - because he never voted for the war in the first place. I like Hunter's stance on illegal immigration but he worries me on the issue of getting intangled in wars.

JAK

Re: Loudest cheers go to Tancredo at candidates forum

Quote Originally Posted by April
    The loudest cheers went to Tom Tancredo at a Presidential Candidates Forum in Des Moines, Iowa, yesterday. Link to pro-Tancredo blog that contains video of a portion of some of his speech: http://tancredo4prez.blogspot.com/ .
    TOM ROCKS!!!

HE is a good man and my choice for president!!!! HE listens to US!! HOW refreshing!!!!

http://teamtancredo.typepad.com/team_ta ... pre-2.html
    On July 4 (Wednesday), C-SPAN will air the entire speech at 8 PM EST.

Can't wait to watch!!! This is a man of the people!!! His heart identifies with ours and ours with his!!!! Go Tancredo!! Stop the insanity!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April

Re: Loudest cheers go to Tancredo at candidates forum

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    The loudest cheers went to Tom Tancredo at a Presidential Candidates Forum in Des Moines, Iowa, yesterday. Link to pro-Tancredo blog that contains video of a portion of some of his speech: http://tancredo4prez.blogspot.com/ .
    TOM ROCKS!!!

HE is a good man and my choice for president!!!! HE listens to US!! HOW refreshing!!!!

http://teamtancredo.typepad.com/team_ta ... pre-2.html
    On July 4 (Wednesday), C-SPAN will air the entire speech at 8 PM EST.

Can't wait to watch!!! This is a man of the people!!! His heart identifies with ours and ours with his!!!! Go Tancredo!! Stop the insanity!!
    Awesome!!! Thanks JAK!!! I will be watching!

I love Tancredo on the radio (I hear him on the John & Ken Show often) and I love his realness and passion and willingness to hit the other candidates and Boosh btwn the eyes on their failures/refusal to enforce our laws, but I was disappointed in his ability to express himself during the two debates I watched so far.

I was hoping for some clear bombastic unchallengable oratory, but he seemed meek and a bit lost.

I hope he makes a better impression on the public in the remaining debates. It was like, I know how great he is, but his oratory during the debates I did not think told the public how great he is.

And yes his is the ONLY campaign for any office that I have contributed $$ to.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast