Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wayne Allyn Root, the Libertarian vice-presidential candidate, was on the Al Rantel show this morning (6/13). A caller asked him about border enforcement, and he made 3 points (for which he said he had discussed this issue with Barr recently):

1) secure or control the border.

2) get rid of the entitlements that draw illegal immigrants here.

3) after the above two are done, "deal" with the illegal immigrants that here.

Unfortunately, this question was brought up at the end of the interview, and there was no real elaboration on the above points (especially number 3), and Al did not press him on any of these.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is pure stupidity from Bob Barr.

How can you have security when the borders are wide open?
    Oh, we can do a background check (waste of tax payer money) so they can be deported and then come over with a new name and number until they get it right?

More Hog wash from the PC -CFR establishment.

Instead of trying to find someone that can't get a minute of face time on the MSM to be president, maybe we should put our money toward finding and funding some prosecutors and lawyers that want to lock up these traitorus political crooks and politicians. This is plain as day, the laws are being broken by the very ones that took an oath to prtect and abide by them.

We need a powerful lawyer with a willing Attourney to start sending these folks to jail.

How about we get a strong govenor of some state to mobilize the national guard to fish out the illegals, then when Bush needs them for his war, the govenor states, we have a war right here Mr. President, I've got to take care of my state.

How can the people of America pursue enforcing the laws and then some ethnic group file a law suite and stop everything? If it is the law it should be enforced until the law is changed, not stopped so it can be challenged. This makes no sense, there is no other law where this happens.

Just imagine if people wanted to take their money out of the banks and all the sudden the banks filed a suite saying they aren't obligated to give the people their money, we all know that is a bogus arguement, would the courts demand that no money be given out to the rightfull owners of that money for 2 months until the law suite was dismissed or thrown out? Or while it is challenged? Of course not, all this junk is simply nonsense. If the laws are in place obviously we need someone with the guts to say, NO, We aren't waiting, its the law oif the land and if anyone including other politicians get in the way, they go to jail as well. Enough of this above the law crap! For sure one day enough people will be fed up enough that every political office will be full of bodies demanding the laws be enforced, and anyone circumventing the law will be arrested as an aider and abettor and a criminal, just as the law now states they are.

One cannot choose the laws to enforce, if governments can do this, we might as well have a land of a thousand little dictators.
    How can this go on?
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Back to the Constitution again...

Over time...since this thread has been posted, I have done more investigating of Bob Barr. He is really more right leaning..than purist libertarian. Purist libertarians want open borders. The Libertarian Party has moved away from that stance, especially since 9-11. There is much concern in the LP about moving away from "purist" libertarian principals and the party seems to be split. Due to the fact that the true conservatives have no one to vote for, there will be many who will vote for Bob Barr rather than McCain or Obama. Alan Keyes isnt' in the race. Chuck Baldwin is good but the CP is way behind the Libertarian Party as far as visibility is concerned. I will be campaigning for Bob Barr because I believe the number ONE issue is to get the government BACK to the CONSTITUTION. If that can be accomplished, we won't have to worry so much about immigration because the states will deal with it. I am absolutely against the Federal government making legislation about immigration because immigration is NOT in the enumerated powers of congress..and the only thing the Federal government has the right to do concerning immigration is to come up with a set of rules to become a US CITIZEN...ALL of the other legislation on immigration is left to the states and TO THE PEOPLE. I WANT A RETURN TO THE CONSTITUTION...and Bob Barr would be the best one with the most chance to further this agenda. LIBERTY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    I STILL have No Body to vote for

Why dont you look at chuck baldwin?

www.baldwin2008.com

www.baldwinlive.com

www.energizeamericanow.com

www.frankforpresident.org

www.gaspriceprotest.com

K BSTER
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

So far I will be writing in "mickey mouse" on my balot.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Re: Back to the Constitution again...

Quote Originally Posted by jazzloversinc
    O....g immigration is to come up with a set of rules to become a US CITIZEN...ALL of the other legislation on immigration is left to the states and TO THE PEOPLE. I WANT A RETURN TO THE CONSTITUTION...and Bob Barr would be the best one with the most chance to further this agenda. LIBERTY!!!!!
    But this is an immigration board. I too want a return to the small federal government principles we were supposed to be governed under, but I just don't think Barr and Root are the guys for me. I am probably going to vote for Baldwin.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Vote...

Oh everyone should vote for who they think is best..for sure. Yes I know this is an immigration board..I 'm concerned about it..but I conisder illegal immigration a symptom of a disease. The disease is crooks in Washington and them ignoring the constitution..in other words, Big Government.

I'm not trying to convince anyone or sway votes, all I am saying is that Bob Barr has at least been in politics and has a voting record..some of which libertarians are suspicious of, but Chuck Baldwin has no political experience whatsoever, and no voting record at all. He has less experience than crazy obama . I'm voting for whoever can cause the most grief to the two major parties and get us closer to Liberty...on principal..that's Bob Barr and the Libertarian party. One more thing, people think the libertarians are a bunch of old hippie pot smoking anarchists. The party has changed over time (much to the chagrin of the purist libertarians) As far as legalizing drugs...the libertarians say leave it to the states to decide, abortion, leave it to the states, gay marriage..leave it to the states. illegal immigration, leave it to the states. It's not that they are for or against these things..it is that they are FOR the 10th amendment of the constitution...whatever is not prohibited to the states and not listed in the constiution is left to the states and to the people.

This is all fine and dandy, but I can tell you with certainty that voting for Bob Barr or any of the others is going to give you President Barak Obama signed, sealed and delivered and as a bonus you will probably get a Democrat controlled Congress.

Suit yourselves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AND when they go to grant amnesty and you have a Democrat Congress who are you going to call to ask them not to vote for amnesty?

WHO?

What you're going to end up with then is amnesty plus a phone bill and the need to enroll and pay for an anger management class.

(Unless the Democrats provide it for you for FREE)

Just the hard cold truth people.

Remember it is likely that Barr's candidacy was designed to SPLIT the Republican vote. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bilderberg crowd is paying him to run.

Unless a miracle happens...

Unless some miracle happens, we are getting Obama. People are tired of the republicans..the republicans made a MESS of things and have left their platform far behind. They have become big government, and fiscal liberals. They are going down in November. The best thing to do is get focused on how to get back to sanity in 2012. If we do the right things...Obama will only last 4 years. Now is the time to start making Obama a one term president. The glitter will fade when Obama supporters realize there is no change other than the curtains in the White House.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast