Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Listen up

Quote Originally Posted by americangal4ever
    Alan Keyes lost to Chuck Baldwin in the constitution party. He also is awesome.Below is his If I were president speech. you can type his name on you tube and see it.
    Due to my frequent criticisms of President George W. Bush, I am often asked what I would do if I were President of these United States. This column will serve as an attempt to answer that question.

If I were President, .....
    Yes, Chuck Baldwin is really the only alternative left.

I am really curious.

This is what we have:

Obama, McCain, Barr and Baldwin.

Lets see who "some" here declare, and why? Will we further splinter the vote or rally behind the obvious choice.

Obama = NO
    McCain = NO
    Barr = Maybe
    Baldwin = YES

Bob Barr

I will tell you why I am voting for Bob Barr.

1. He is a libertarian.
    2. His platform is pretty much the same as Ron Paul's.
    3. He is on all the ballots except one..Oklahama..and the LP is certain that is going to come through...Baldwin is on only 20 state ballots.

4. Bob Barr has experience in politics...Baldwin has no experience.
    5. Bob Barr will get media coverage...Baldwin won't.
    6. Bob Barr is already polling 7% in the national polls. You need 15% to get into the debates.
    7. Bob Barr will pull votes from Mccain because they will remember Bob Barr from when he was a republican.
    8. I want to see a third party become real competition for the two corrupt major parties.

MW
    Jazzloverinc wrote:

I will tell you why I am voting for Bob Barr.

1. He is a libertarian.
    2. His platform is pretty much the same as Ron Paul's.
    3. He is on all the ballots except one..Oklahama..and the LP is certain that is going to come through...Baldwin is on only 20 state ballots.

4. Bob Barr has experience in politics...Baldwin has no experience.
    5. Bob Barr will get media coverage...Baldwin won't.
    6. Bob Barr is already polling 7% in the national polls. You need 15% to get into the debates.
    7. Bob Barr will pull votes from Mccain because they will remember Bob Barr from when he was a republican.
    8. I want to see a third party become real competition for the two corrupt major parties.
    You forgot to add:

9. Bob Barr supports amnesty for illegal aliens.
    10. Bob Barr supports open borders.
    11. Bob Barr does not support E-verify.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Emanon wrote:

When the debate on Ron Paul raged, you frequently used his 1988 bid for the libertarian presidential run as a basis to form arguments against him, in relation to illegal immigration. Regardless what his 2008 presidential website said, or his recent immigration articles you had this knack of discounting it all and referring to his "libertarian" leanings from 10+ years ago.
    Please show me where I used Ron Paul's 1988 run as a LP against him. Heck, I didn't have to because Ron Paul still has "libertarian leanings." Trust me, there is/was plenty information identifying his weaknesses on border security and illegal immigration without resorting to his past run for the White House.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Emanon wrote:

When the debate on Ron Paul raged, you frequently used his 1988 bid for the libertarian presidential run as a basis to form arguments against him, in relation to illegal immigration. Regardless what his 2008 presidential website said, or his recent immigration articles you had this knack of discounting it all and referring to his "libertarian" leanings from 10+ years ago.
    Please show me where I used Ron Paul's 1988 run as a LP against him. Heck, I didn't have to because Ron Paul still has "libertarian leanings." Trust me, there is/was plenty information identifying his weaknesses on border security and illegal immigration without resorting to his past run for the White House.
    Not true. Besides that, he was literally the last true hope standing when you all flipflopped between the propped up special interest hacks (tancredo and to some extent, hunter excluded). - but most of you went to the others just the like media manuevered you all. Now we have McInsane the amnesty lover.

Having libertarian leanings is actually a great thing. Ronald Reagan once said that libertarianism is the true conservatism. But because of our overrun borders, schools, hospitals, etc.. that schematic won't work "right now" - in regards to illegal immigration, but it would work if the government actually enforced its laws.

I think Baldwins' run most mimics Ron Paul's, not Barr. I could be wrong though.

I am also a major long time fan of Alan Keyes. Hes the only politician I
    ever sent money to.

He left the Pub party and went to the Constitution Party and they picked
    someone I never heard of to head their ticket. I think Im right about that.
    Someone will know for sure.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Open Borders...

MW..why do you keep putting out the false information that Bob Barr is for open borders? Why don't you tell the truth. Here is Bob Barr's stance on Securing the Borders from his website:

Secure the Borders

The current platform of the Libertarian Party paints a bright and accurate picture regarding the issue of immigration: "Our borders are currently neither open, closed, nor secure. This situation restricts the labor pool, encouraging employers to hire undocumented workers, while leaving those workers neither subject to nor protected by the law. A completely open border allows foreign criminals, carriers of communicable diseases, terrorists and other potential threats to enter the country unchecked. Pandering politicians guarantee access to public services for undocumented aliens, to the detriment of those who would enter to work productively, and increasing the burden on taxpayers."

Resolving this issue will be a challenge for America as it means that we must be aggressive in securing our borders while at the same time, vigilantly fighting the nanny state that seeks to coddle even those capable of providing for their own personal prosperity.

Until all governments are willing to take a unified front to confront this problem, it is the duty of the federal government to secure our borders from criminals, terrorists and those seeking to take advantage of the American taxpayer.

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/issues/

Bob Barr and amnesty

The only thing I know about Bob Barr and amnesty is that he says he believes it would be difficult to try to round up 20 million people and deport. He says that cutting off the benefits and work will cause them to leave on their own. How can anyone argue that? I see it happening in my own communtiy. There were tons of them here ...doing construction out at the beach on condos. When the bubble busted on housing and the construction stopped...they are , for the most part, gone now. That's how it works. I see it with my own eyes.

April
    Your efforts are need here. Please help!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-706040.html#706040

MW
    Jazzloverinc wrote:

The only thing I know about Bob Barr and amnesty is that he says he believes it would be difficult to try to round up 20 million people and deport. He says that cutting off the benefits and work will cause them to leave on their own. How can anyone argue that?
    You must have missed the information that was posted from two of Barr's interviews. There is no denying the fact that he supports amnesty because he has implied as much.

Boortz interview:

[quote]

Said Barr:

“You set a mechanism internally to determine who is here. And if you catch folks that are here unlawfully, and do not submit themselves to a background check that those coming into this country are going to be required to do, then you send them back to their country.â€

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast