Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CNN
    Lou Dobbs Transcript
    February 14, 2008

In California tonight amnesty for illegal aliens tops the agenda of one advocacy group and that group is pushing to have the state of California declared a sanctuary for illegal aliens. Casey Wian reports.

CASEY WIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): The California chapter of LULAC, the League of United Latin American Citizens unanimously voted to declare call what it called California Del Norte (ph), a sanctuary for illegal immigrants. The group, the largest and oldest Latino group in the U.S. demands an end to all state and local police cooperation with federal immigration authorities. Things like immigration and customs enforcement raids of businesses employing illegal aliens.

JAN TUCKER, CALIFORNIA LULAC: Most responsible law enforcement officials would agree with us on -- at least to the extent that when local police get involved in trying to enforce immigration laws, that it just creates an environment that's hostile towards the police, no one cooperates with them whether they're here legally, illegally.

WIAN: California LULAC also wants the Mexican government to seek the assistance of a third nation to resolve disputes with the United States over American immigration laws and their enforcement. The group cites Article XXI of the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which ended the Mexican-American War and transferred part of northern Mexico to the United States. LULAC sanctuary state declaration seemed ironic to this California lawmaker.

CHUCK DEVORE, CALIF. STATE ASSEMBLY: I guess one could argue we are in effect already a sanctuary state. If you look at our $103 billion annual general fund budget, most estimates are that we spend in upwards of $11 billion of that money caring for, providing welfare, educating, housing people who are here illegally.

WIAN: Devore has introduced a bill that would end California's policy of subsidizing state college tuition for illegal aliens. Instead, he wants to provide free tuition to members of the California National Guard. Devore estimates the proposal would save the state well over $100 million a year.

(on camera): Because California's Legislature is dominated by Democrats who favor amnesty for illegal aliens Devore's bill is not expected to pass. The LULAC declaration, of course, carries no legal authority, but both demonstrate the deep divide that remains in California over illegal immigration.

Casey Wian, CNN, Los Angeles.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

I guess you could say I am living behind enemy lines. Please send the Calvary!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The California chapter of LULAC, the League of United Latin American Citizens unanimously voted to declare call what it called California Del Norte
    LULAC has even renamed California--calling it California Del Norte which translates to California of the North. (Because California is north of Mexico and in the south-west of the United States.)

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah so when is the national guard and the army etc going to be sent in to california to protect the citizens of the USA from occupation of a foreign nation? That's funny when Iraq went in to Kuwait a Bush sent our army and navy to protect them and fight a war for them yet we're under seige here in california and this Bush turns a blind eye.

One of the goals of organizations such as LULAC's is to make Calif. a santuary state for illegals so that more White Americans will leave. It is part of the reconquista movement.

I'm driving south to San Diego tomorrow to visit my daughter and my grandkids and for the first time I don't feel safe. This isn't the first time my daughter's husband has been stationed in San Diego, so I have made this trip from northern California many times, but this is the first time I feel afraid. It shouldn't be this way, I was born and raised in California, but now I feel like I am in a foreign country.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    One of the goals of organizations such as LULAC's is to make Calif. a santuary state for illegals so that more White Americans will leave. It is part of the reconquista movement.
    ...and perhaps the plan under the proposed SPP/NAU?

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    LULAC has even renamed California--calling it California Del Norte which translates to California of the North. (Because California is north of Mexico and in the south-west of the United States.)
    Back when Spain then Mexico claimed the Southwest there was Alta California (Upper California), and Baja California (Lower California). Alta California was shortened to just California when it became part of the US in 1846, while Baja California remained part of Mexico and kept it's full name. Now that Mexicans want to reclaim US California they call it by it's former Spanish/Mexican name.

a resort shall not, on this account, be had to reprisals, aggression, or hostility of any kind, by the one republic against the other, until the Government of that which deems itself aggrieved
    Mexico is the one using reprisals, aggression AND hostility against the US and they also consider themselves "aggrieved". So in essence, they want a third party to mediate Mexico vs Mexico?

My God, I feel myself getting dumber every day!
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    LULAC in just another racist organization like LaRaza, that DEMANDS we change our policies to suit their needs.

I am so sick of these ARROGANT groups sucking the life out of Americans, in favor of illegal Hispanics.

IMO, these people are more dangerous than terrorists.
    They are terrorists, butterbean, they just have a different mode of operation and Calderon is leading them and egging them on. He's a pitiful President and ours is too. They are both engaged to undermine America as we know it.
    Mexico is fighting an unconventional war against the USA and they are winning because we are letting them.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast