Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

xfighter - When I first started researching the illegal immigration issues there were a lot of groups that openly supported Aztlan and the Reconquista movements. La Raza was I know a contributor to MEChA. Whether they have changed and now denounce these groups or are hiding their true agenda remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    xfighter - When I first started researching the illegal immigration issues there were a lot of groups that openly supported Aztlan and the Reconquista movements. La Raza was I know a contributor to MeCHA. Whether they have changed and now denounce these groups or are hiding their true agenda remains to be seen.
    This is correct. "The Race" must keep their public image as clean as possible in order to keep raking in tax payer dollars. So they have to be cleaver in their hate mongering. Members of these radical, anti-American, racist organizations are frequently smoothly polished into public respectability by the National Council of La Raza.

"Former MEChA members include Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who was officially endorsed by La Raza for mayor and was awarded La Raza's Graciela Olivarez Award. Now we know why he refuses to condemn a sea of foreign flags in his city. California Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante is also a former MEChA member. He delivered the keynote address at La Raza's 2002 Annual Convention.

The National Council of La Raza and its allies in public office make no repudiation of the radical MEChA and its positions. In fact, as recently as 2003, La Raza was actively funding MEChA, according to federal tax records."

So xfighter...can you point out where la raza has publicially denounced MEChA, a radical, racist group that supports reconquista? I wasn't able to find it at their website. Perhaps you can help.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    La Raza rally...naah, their not racist

At a recent rally for LA RAZA at UCLA, to the cheers of the audience, High School History teacher Ron Gochez called for the open revolt of people of Mexican decent, to take back the “occupied lands of Mexicoâ€

xfighter, we are a mixed race family - they only help their own - not traitors who have intermarried outside la raza. We wanted equal rights that the illegals get thanks to la raza. They have more rights than us on some things.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

NoBueno, sure. Here's the link on their stance on MEcha.

NCLR has publicly and repeatedly disavowed this rhetoric as we have others that we believe are inappropriate, as we did when we criticized a pro-separatist Latino website for its racist and anti-Semitic views. We will continue, however, to support programs and activities that help more Hispanics enter and finish college.
    http://www.nclr.org/index.php/about_us/ ... nizations/

OneNationUnderGod Like the Tea Party, where you have racists participating, are you gonna all of a sudden characterize the entire organization it as "racist"?? You're always going to have loons trying to hijack a rally or movement and have his whacked out ideas heard. As for the cheering, most likely the people attending are young, rebellious, activist, liberal students who are unfortunately easily brainwashed and too naive too realize that they're success is attributed in part to this country. I've met people like this, but happy to say the young latinos I know, who despite being proud of their roots, are not the type to go to any rally and are not this dumb. Usually the people who attend rallies of any type are the most passionate about their "beliefs" and easily manipulated.

sarum I'm sure you're being honest, but I find it really hard to believe La Raza would discriminate like that. Again, how did you come into contact with them and how were you given that impression about them?

Banned
    bottom line

They only advocate for one group of ethnic peoples , hispanics

They are are as racist as the kkk or any other group that only advocates for one group

If I started to advocate only for White Germans or Italians , I would be called a racist

There are groups out there both Black and White that preach racial segregation, I've been told that a lot of hispanics want self determination in the southwest , I've been told this by hispanics.

La raza won't say they are for "open borders" but they preach to just "let um all in" (speaking only for hispanics)

Any group that advos for only one class or ethnic backround is RACIST , NOW DO YOU GET THE PICTURE?

xfighter, do you think that an someone who discriminates against someone is going to say point blank (so they can be taped) why they will not hire that person, house that person, contract with that person? The target may not have proof that will hold up in a courtroom but they have reasonable suspicion, they have a history in the community and what they need to do is work together with a group willing to catch them in the act and prosecute accordingly. These sting operations are frowned on with good reason but to get proof this is what must be done sometimes.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    bottom line

They only advocate for one group of ethnic peoples , hispanics

They are are as racist as the kkk or any other group that only advocates for one group

If I started to advocate only for White Germans or Italians , I would be called a racist

There are groups out there both Black and White that preach racial segregation, I've been told that a lot of hispanics want self determination in the southwest , I've been told this by hispanics.

La raza won't say they are for "open borders" but they preach to just "let um all in" (speaking only for hispanics)

Any group that advos for only one class or ethnic backround is RACIST , NOW DO YOU GET THE PICTURE?
    La Raza is not a racist organization anymore than the Tea Party is a racist organization. The KKK makes it will known that they hate non-Whites, La Raza doesn't, simple as that.

Banned
    La raza only advocates for hispanics

I think that says it all

They are a hate group and support the reconquista , you would find very few here that will disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    La raza only advocates for hispanics

I think that says it all

They are a hate group and support the reconquista , you would find very few here that will disagree with that.

http://www.nclr.org/index.php/about_us/ ... _programs/

For example, in 2006, as part of NCLR’s homeownership program, NCLR Affiliates served about 29,000 clients. Almost 20% were White and approximately 12% were Black.
    I'm aware that not everyone here will agree, but I hope there are people here who are still open-minded and can accept the facts when presented to them. It's sad how a group set up with the sole purpose to help a particular group of people up in a country where they are underrepresented in politics and the media is all of a sudden racist. This country still has some ways to go I guess . At least my generation is looking to turn things around for the good so there is hope.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast