Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The fact is, NAFTA has been a disaster for the Mexican people - especially the farmers.

Combined with all the freebies, etc., some of the reason we have so many illegals is because of NAFTA and the devastation caused by it on the poor people.

Mexican corn farmers were hurt years ago by not only the American farmers more mechanized ways, but by the fact they are subsidized by you and me. They were able to dump corn on the market in Mexico and many small farmers suffered.

The same thing has happened to small businesses in Mexico. Wal Mart, Costco, etc., have gone into Mexico and caused the same problem for small businesses, they caused for businesses here.

If the people of the world would wake up and united against all our governments, we might have a chance.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Rockfish,

First of all, I was being sarcastic when I mentioned China. Our trade deficit with China is deplorable and should not be tolerated either.

But you say we can "Deal with Mexico." How's that going thus far? Throwing billions of dollars at their corrupt government. Refusing to build a fence along our Souther Borders to keep the illegal invaders out. Allowing the illegals to anchor up which opens the door to all the social benefits this country has to offer. We have elected officials that cannot pass laws quick enough in order to aid and abett the illegal invader.

Sure, I really trust the federal government to "Deal with Mexico." Any idiot with half a brain knows this has been an abysmal failure thus far.
    You're right, NoBueno, we don't have the elected officials to do the job. However, we do have some that can do the job running for President and if that someone, either Ron Paul or Duncan Hunter is elected, dealing with Mexico will mean putting that corrupt piece of crud government where it belongs. We've dealt with Mexico before Bush and we can do again easlily. China, however, is a whole different ball game. Mexico isn't developing missles to knock out our com satillites or stealing government secrets, or manipulating our currency and certainly isn't putting poison in our childern's toys. Mexico IS importing illegal drugs, but given the right President, that can all be put down in months. Dealing with China is a very slippery slope and will take one hell of a tought President to turn their attitude around. They are a much bigger threat than Mexico any day of the week.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Now thats what I am talking about... shut the fricking border down.

What is amazing is it took the Jan 1 2008 corn and bean flood from the US market to scare the mexican farmers into this frenzy

They know they cannot compete with these big agriculture conglomerates, bean picking by hand compared to combines ... we are about to put the mexican farmers out of business in the name of huge profits to globalist companies
    Rather sad isnt it, it takes there food staple to get them to come out like this. There is no way they can compete when it comes to US farmers.
    Man perfected by society is the best of all animals; he is the most terrible of all when he lives without law, and without justice - Aristotle

Do away with NAFTA, CAFTA and SPP!!!!!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Rather sad isnt it, it takes there food staple to get them to come out like this. There is no way they can compete when it comes to US farmers.

That's true - but we have to realize American farmers - big corporate farms are heavily subsidized by us, the taxpayers of this country. Also, now American farmers, big corporate farms, have the cheap Mexican labor - also subsidized by us, the American taxpayers.

Nope, no way they can compete.

MW
    Rockfish wrote:

Mexico isn't developing missles to knock out our com satillites or stealing government secrets, or manipulating our currency and certainly isn't putting poison in our childern's toys. Mexico IS importing illegal drugs, but given the right President, that can all be put down in months. Dealing with China is a very slippery slope and will take one hell of a tought President to turn their attitude around.
    I don't believe Ron Paul is the solution to the problem you've identified above. However, it's no secret that Duncan Hunter will fix China's wagon!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just how will Hunter 'fix China's wagon'? I haven't heard that.

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

Just how will Hunter 'fix China's wagon'? I haven't heard that.
    Gee whiz, nntrixie. Don't you pay any attention at all to the post on Duncan Hunter and his position on the issues?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It depends on the post.

If it is a mile long or simply an attack on someone else - then I don't pay much attention.

I did read his page - didn't get anything about 'fixing China's wagon' - but I'm willing to listen.

Why didn't you just answer me rather than being kinda nasty? If you don't want to answer - that's OK - but slurs aren't necessary..

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

I did read his page - didn't get anything about 'fixing China's wagon' - but I'm willing to listen.
    Here's a good place to start.

Excerpt wrote:

Q: As president, what would you do about these trade deals?

Hunter: I would junk CAFTA and NAFTA. I would junk this deal with China. But let's do one thing at a time. Number one, allow our businesses that are being damaged by the illegal subsidy, which is known as their currency devaluation, to go after the cheating. Bring the Chinese to the table and make them understand that we're not going to allow them to have access to the American market unless they do it under the rules. To some degree, it's going to be dependent on them as to whether they want to do it the easy way or the hard way. They're not going to be allowed to have the 74 points on the scoreboard that they currently have before the kickoff. Either we're both going to start at 74 points or we'll both start at zero, but we're not going to start with a 74-percent disparity.

Q: By taking such a hard line, do you risk making the Chinese a military enemy?

Hunter: That was the same question put to Ronald Reagan with respect to arms control deals. If you insist on making new deals and not going with the old ones, do you risk upsetting people? The answer is yes. But on the other hand, they have been more practical in these business deals than our negotiators have been. They would never allow us to have a 74-point advantage over them. I think they have little respect for us. The Chinese perceive that we have been fractured in our trade policy -- caused by our multinationals, which now have a substantial investment in China. They are employing the multinationals to neutralize American trade policy and have them do what they did in the National Association of Manufacturers, which is to have them stand up and clearly represent interests other than those of domestic manufacturing.
    http://www.manufacturingnews.com/news/07/0313/art1.html

There are a lot more sources and links on Hunter's position on China, however, I decided to keep it simple. Sounds like a President Hunter would fix their wagon to me. By the way, what other candidate has said he would junk NAFTA, CAFTA, and the China trade deal? There is a lot more to Duncan Hunter than immigration and border security. It's unfortunate that people are failing to see that.

nntrixie wrote:

Why didn't you just answer me rather than being kinda nasty? If you don't want to answer - that's OK - but slurs aren't necessary..
    Are you kidding, you actually viewed my post as a slur and nasty? I'm sorry, I don't get it.

I don't think this is nasty and it's certainly not a slur:

Gee whiz, nntrixie. Don't you pay any attention at all to the post on Duncan Hunter and his position on the issues?
    It was a simple question. Isn't it possible you're being a little oversensitive? I will admit though, I find it extremely frustrating that you profess not to have any knowledge of where Hunter stands with China, especially considering the number of times it's been discussed here on ALIPAC.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast