Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Again Jacqueline , maybe some of your relatives do not want to come here but there MANY MANY MANY more that do all across the globe. They left another million or so into this country last year to take jobs and residence here. OH ,JOBS,like we have that many to just give away.

people are still wanting to come here,sorry
    I don't disagree, but in my college we have many international students and they like America but 99% of them want to go back home after they graduate. Do you also know that each year more than 200,000 Americans go to Europe to study ? We live in a globalizing world and it's hard to stop that. What we need to do is to sort out the illegals who commit violent crimes, live on our money, or harm other people, but not the quiet under the radar livign illegal alien since we simply don't have the resources to deport them all. Same here in California. We are probably going to legalize marijuana in november because we don't have the resources to check all that and we can better go after violent criminals than after a hippie who smokes a joint in his own apartment. See, you have to be practical, not emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline
    I have a mixed feeling with the Arizona bill as I also wrote on my youtube channel ( www.youtube.com/jacquelineveronique ) in one section that I think that no person is illegal as the sun created the planets for us all, however, people can not come here to commit violent crimes. But if someone croses the border illegally and is not an harrassment to others by not engaging in violent crimes then I see no problem with people being here illegal. I think the bill is also unconstitutional and violates the 4th amendment. I understand some illegal aliens commit heinous crimes and they must be dealt with accordingly and punished at the full extend of the law. But most people hanging out at Home Depot are no harm. In the end we are all immigrants. My father immigrated from Canada to the US when he married my mom who is a German Pennsylvanian whose ancestors came here in the 1820's from Hamburg, Germany. Illegal aliens do mostly work we don't want to do, especially picking fruit and vegetables. It's hard labor and less pay. I'm a college student and no one I know in my class wants to do that kind of seasonal work and this is why illegal aliens cross the border to do the job we don't want to do. Many Americans also live abroad, like my brother who lives in Norway since he's married to a Norwegian woman. The point is that we all come from a place somewhere on our beautiful planet and we need to share it.

And my background picture on youtube was taken when I was on psring break in Mexico so that's why I think it's no problem Mexicans come to America as I also visit Mexico to go on vacation.
    Take an economics class real soon. The laws of supply and demand are reason enough to control immigration. I visited your page and was astounded at your twisted logic. Nobody attending your college wants to be a field worker..That's just an asinine statement if I ever heard one. Jobs Americans won't do...Well I am a union construction worker finding it hard to find a job because IAs work for about 1/5 of my wage. The only jobs Americans won't do are ones that are underpaid. Finally I must inform you that purpose of the 2nd Amendment is and always has been to allow citizens the ability to defend against the possibility of our own government becoming too repressive. Government fears an armed citizenry while an unarmed citizenry must fear the government. I laughed at your Freud references, just to funny. You're right about legalizing pot though.
    LOL, thus we agree to legalie pot. You see, California is already de facto a state that has legalized it. If you get caught with pot and are NOT in possession of a medical card, all you get is a $ 100 ticket. I don't see why we use resources to go after a pot smoking hippie instead we should go after violent criminals. My major is nursing so it's understandible nobody I know wants to pick fruit. Same as my brother, a pilot, doesn't want to be a nurse. But when I'm a RN I have the obligation to theat anyone, including illegal aliens. I like to help people. I'm not into economics and business, I simply don't understand that, too difficult. I do speak 2 languages though - Engish and German - and pretty good in math. Regarding the 2nd amendment. When the Founders wrote the 2nd amendment it was in a timewhen people used bolt action rifles or single shot guns - correct me if I'm wrong - but nowadays we have fully automatic rifles like the AK 47 that cause lots of mayhem.

Jacqueline - Did your father become a U.S. citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Jacqueline - Did your father become a U.S. citizen?
    My dad has dual citizenship, just like myself. I hold a US and Canadian passport, same as my dad. My dad became a U.S. citizen many years ago, he did it the legal way but it was not difficult as my mom is American. I usually use my Canadian passport when I travel because Canadian citizens can go visa free to more countries that I wanted to visit.

"Why should I invite 10 illegal aliens into my apartment ? I said I have NO problem as long they don't harm any other person, but when they force me to feed them and live in my apartment then they are HARMING me."

You are missing my point. My country is my home. I am forced as a tax payer to feed, cloth, medical care, etc. all the illegals that invaded my country. If 5 illegals brook into your appartment and raided your refrigerator, medicine cabinet, and took over one of your bedrooms would that be ok? So why is it ok to break into a country and do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by SnidlyWhiplash
    "Why should I invite 10 illegal aliens into my apartment ? I said I have NO problem as long they don't harm any other person, but when they force me to feed them and live in my apartment then they are HARMING me."

You are missing my point. My country is my home. I am forced as a tax payer to feed, cloth, medical care, etc. all the illegals that invaded my country. If 5 illegals brook into your appartment and raided your refrigerator, medicine cabinet, and took over one of your bedrooms would that be ok? So why is it ok to break into a country and do the same thing?
    Because there is a difference in light - years between private property and federal property. I pay tax too as I work part time next to my study. I don't like my tax going to wars that Bush created, yet I have to pay tax. I don't like my tax going to lots of things I disagree with, but that is just part of life and I'll accept that.

Response

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline
    I have a mixed feeling with the Arizona bill as I also wrote on my youtube channel in one section that I think that no person is illegal as the sun created the planets for us all, however, people can not come here to commit violent crimes. But if someone croses the border illegally and is not an harrassment to others by not engaging in violent crimes then I see no problem with people being here illegal. I think the bill is also unconstitutional and violates the 4th amendment. I understand some illegal aliens commit heinous crimes and they must be dealt with accordingly and punished at the full extend of the law. But most people hanging out at Home Depot are no harm. In the end we are all immigrants. My father immigrated from Canada to the US when he married my mom who is a German Pennsylvanian whose ancestors came here in the 1820's from Hamburg, Germany. Illegal aliens do mostly work we don't want to do, especially picking fruit and vegetables. It's hard labor and less pay. I'm a college student and no one I know in my class wants to do that kind of seasonal work and this is why illegal aliens cross the border to do the job we don't want to do. Many Americans also live abroad, like my brother who lives in Norway since he's married to a Norwegian woman. The point is that we all come from a place somewhere on our beautiful planet and we need to share it.

And my background picture on youtube was taken when I was on psring break in Mexico so that's why I think it's no problem Mexicans come to America as I also visit Mexico to go on vacation.
    It is obvious you are being influnced by being young and without actual real life experiences. Or that you are just plain crazy, I just read the entire bill, and it actually makes very good common sense. Try reading it here: http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Then in a few years come back and we can talk, but your ideas are so far fetched I won't waste any more time on a response.
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Jacqueline........again you missed the point some what. We have students that go overseas to study,. YES , as my brother did in the 60's ...BUT THEY DO IT LEGALLY...with VISA's

If these people want to work here some of them get VISA's ..That 's cool and that is legal..BUT many of them also let their visa's run out just as other visa holders do. That is against the law..period! These people also commit other criminal activity that does not involve murder or rape and such ,but causes harm ,just the same. I am speaking of fraud in SS's numbers ,fraudulent drivers licenses,changing their name at will with another phoney ID card. They aso work jobs that they are not licensed to do or insured for. Where do you go down the road when you find something not right,say for instance, with your home? More then likely you will not find them around anymore.

Oh.by the way the AK47 is usually used by our enemies........and yes they do alot of damage and that is why I prefer to be able to defend myself and family..........

Besides if you are a nurse you should already know the costs these illegals are costing the tax payers and also the closings of hospitals due to their run on the emergency rooms health care system. Not to mention some clinics that have closed their doors due to the cost
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Jacquline,

The fact is, all illegal aliens here are harming Americans and legal immigrants. Illegal immigration IS NOT A VICTIMLESS CRIME.

How so?

1. Illegal aliens, in order to work here have to either commit document fraud (a felony), id theft ( a felony) or work under the table ( tax evasion, a felony). Americans and legal immigrants spend a long time in jail for those crimes.

Google what is is like for Americans or legal immigrants to have their ID stolen by an illegal aliens. They enter a nightmare that lasts forever. The victims can and do have their credit ruined, and be unable to buy a home, and have to pay off the debts of the illegal alien for starters. The American's social security benefits get reduced for life...yes, the American loses part of the benefits he has worked for.

2. Illegal aliens depress American wages. Ten years ago, construction paid $20 per hour plus benefits. Now Americans and legal immigrants have been replaced by illegal aliens who are working under the table for $10 per hour and no benefits.

There have been at least 2 lawsuits alleging employers engaged in Ricco violations (racketeering) by emloying illegal labor to lower wages.

Also check out the number of honest businesses who have been put out of business by dishonest ones that use cheap illegal labor. It is unfair competition and strikes at the heart of our economic system.

3. Most illegal aliens are marginally educated. Check out what ecnomists say. Paul Samuleson, the renowned economist, pointed out that low skilled labor pulls more out the economy than they put in. That is why we must control the numbers of low skilled immigrants to our country, or we will end up bankrupt.

In CA, even Schwarzenneger, a pro illegal immigration advocate, has admited that the net cost of illegal immigrants to CA is at least 7 billion a year. That is almost 1/2 of our budget deficit. Once you start to pay taxes, you will realize that illegal immigrants cost you plenty.

Just think about their children, being educated at taxpayer expense to the tune of $10,000 per year.

In some hospitals, over 70% of births, paid for by the taxpayer, are to illegal aliens.

Hospitals all over the country are closing because of the number of illegal aliens using their services, for which the hospitals receive no payment.

Illegal aliens are taking spots in CA universities that belong to American students. They are also having their tutition subsidized by the American taxpayer.

4. There are no jobs Americans won't do. UC Davis Ag School came out with a report in 2007 which found there are enough Americans willing and able to do farm work, but wages would have to rise.

A recent study found in all sectors of work, Americans, by a large majority, we actually doing those jobs. That included maids and yard work and other categories of jobs that some peoplel pretend only illegal aliens will do.

When the meat packing plants in the midwest were raided a couple of years back, all the pro illegal immigration folks said, Americans would not do those jobs. They turned out to be wrong. Americans and legal immigrants lined up for the work and wages increased. This has happened time and time again across this land.

5. The people who are most victimized by illegal aliens are all those law abiding folks who have applied to come here legally. They have to pass background checks, medical, take a test, and guarantee not to use our social benefit system for 5 years, then they wait their turn. Illlegal aliens waltz in here, pushing the legal immigrants out of line. The illegals don't have to meet any of the standards legal immigrants do. The illegals just help themselves to American jobs, American paid taxpayer benefits, and then demand preferential immigration treatment over the law abiding! It is truely sick.

The worst part? The demand for amnesty for illegal aliens is racist to the max. Why? Per the statistics, almost all illegal aliens are Hispanic. Our immigration law is crafted so that people of all races and ethnic groups have a shot to come here.

What amnesty advocates want is preferential immigration treatment for lawbreaking Hispanics over the law abiding people of all other races and ethnic groups.

What amnesty advocates want is for Hispanics Americans to have a greater right to family reunifcation with their law breaking relatives, than Americans of all other races and ethnic groups have with their law abiding relatives.

No one in America is above the law. No one. Not even Hispanic illegal aliens, though they think they are.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Jaqueline, 1st off it is not a race issue. You could post a picture up here to identify yourself as Blue Black from South Africa and I wouldn't care one bit. Secondly, You write that you visit Mexico, but have you ever tried to gain citizenship there? It would be next to impossible for you to do so, as they really don't accept Americans there. Thirdly, the pot issue: mexican drug lords have had a gigantic grip on mexico for a long time. They have recieved mucho buckage from the U.S. drug trade, from Americans who use dope for one reason or another. Legalizing pot here in the States will take some power away from the mexican drug cartels, and bring in tax revenue.

We have documented thousands of bad things illegal aliens from mexico have done in the U.S. Search illegal alien blogs and you will find these "things". If they respected the U.S. , they would come here legally.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast